Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 109 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaCat
Announcement: (TRUMPETS BLARING)

Girls, today I feel better than I have in exactly 4 weeks! Almost human! More energy and less pain than ever!

There is hope!

TC
Preach it sister - it's a message of hope.
Finally got some pain meds - wow it is amazing what 1/2 a perc can do. I feel as though the edge has been taken off the pain. Sitll there but very dull.

I am so thankful cause I start a support/education group tonight for women with BCRA2+ (high risk breast cancer risk)and I was worried I wouldn't be up for it. Dh will take me and I am thankful because it's about an hour away and with him driving me it'll reduce my walking distance as I won't have to park etc.

I know you all have suffered so much so your decisions to have your current surgery(s) was somewhat easy or perhaps necessary. I had LAVH and BSO for no other reason than to prevent ovarian cancer. I still am struggling with the decision, what is done is done and perhaps it saved my life. But for goodness sakes I was so healthy, no menstral concerns ever in my life to warrent a hsyt. And now the recovery process and surgical menopause to face makes me waiver in my decision.

That's why tunacat it is so wonderful and encouraging to hear you are doing better, along with some of the other reports. It reminds me that this too shall pass.

You have no idea how all you sisters have blessed me.
Thank you thank you thank you
(and that's not just the percacet talking) ha ha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 12:18 PM
progress

My DD2 is here right now folding my laundry - she is a sweetheart. She's been giving me heck for doing too much and not resting. She and her sister are almost 26 (twins) and have three kids each. Yesterday DD1 came with her three (all under 5) and the smallest threw up and the two boys were wild! But i was lovely to see them and hear their crazy voices.

Today dd2 is here with two of her three - Sydney 2 and Sean 4. They come every week, three days a week to look after my mom when I'm usually at work and she does some housework for me. Better to pay a daughter than a stranger, I say! So now she's looking after me! She's a good girl. Gonna stay today for supper and cook and look after me and her two little brothers.

TOday I feel sore still. Took a sleeping pill last night and I slept so hard I woke up to go to the bathroom and out is flowed like a mighty river. Thank goodness for poise pads.

I'm getting antsy about Italy - 17 days to go!

gotta pray I'll be better soon...
cya..Kathie
Unread 04-08-2008, 12:24 PM

Jumblebee, I have been haveing quick regrets while I was in the hospital and a bit at home. I could hear the newborns crying, and seen pregnant women, and wondered what the hell did I do? But I have to very quickly push those thoughts out or I will go to a very dark place. I will not go there. I had some post partem after DD was born, and I thought that was bad. I have been great for the last 6 years. But I keep reminding myself that hopefully the endo is FiNALLY gone and that I won't have to worry about my monthlies interfering in my life anymore! I think if were in your shoes I would have done the same thing. I have also had cryotherapy for pre-canerous cells in the cervix twice, first time 1 year before I got pregnant, and about 5 years ago. Cancer runs on the higher side in my family as well. Big dicision, and your are a stong woman for making a huge decision like that! HUgs and prayers to you!

As for the panties,,,, Granny panties are gone, G-strings are back! WOOHOO! Excpet my DH will not quit rubbing my butt! blush blush! and try sleeping with him!

Sleeping on your side? I put a pillow kind of under my tummy and between my legs! OH relief! This first night back in my bed with DH I had a pillow behind my back, one infront of my tummy and one between my legs. He says " Are you trying to block me from holding you? " Ya sweet. Sometimes he just is too cute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoler76
WOW see what happens when you sleep till 10am ..you miss TY on TV!! I feel pretty good so far today. DD4 is staying home with me today and is being a little angel....unlike the busy body last week grandma had to come and get her.

So I am in for a day in the recliner and laptop watching kids shows like Backyardigans. Luckily it is really rainy today so naps are in order shortly!

I think I feel good enough to start sorting through some summer clothes for the kids I have boxed up in the bottom of my closet (small boxes, no lifting required)

I think I am comparing our recovery to INCH WORMS creeping slowly along. I can't gauge from day to day but more how is today in comparison with the day after surgery.

Nice day to all my sisters. (I don't have any sisters and so always wanted one, now I have many.)
Another thing in common......no sisters for me either until now! No brothers either. I was a spoiled only child. My mother was also a spoiled only child. Drives the dh nuts! I love it!!!! LOL
Unread 04-08-2008, 12:43 PM

Hi, girls! I'm back from my outing. Went to Walmart first and bought some stuff....a lot of stuff actually. Mom mostly did most of the work, I was along for the ride. But I'll tell you, just walking around that place I was one hurtin' puppy when we got to the check out. By the time I got in the car...I was in some pain. Then we stopped at the nail salon before we picked the kids up from school. I got a pedicure (oh, so nice!) and my eyebrows waxed. Who knew, I actually had two of them?! Then we finished up just in time to get the kids from school. Another 2 hours outing and I'm hurting and exhausted.

I bought more yarn so I'll spend my evening on my sailor hats. Self-imposed bedrest for me!
Unread 04-08-2008, 01:05 PM

[quote=jumblebee]I know you all have suffered so much so your decisions to have your current surgery(s) was somewhat easy or perhaps necessary. I had LAVH and BSO for no other reason than to prevent ovarian cancer. I still am struggling with the decision, what is done is done and perhaps it saved my life. But for goodness sakes I was so healthy, no menstral concerns ever in my life to warrent a hsyt. And now the recovery process and surgical menopause to face makes me waiver in my decision. /QUOTE]

I had my hyster because of endo. I was in pain and all the side effects...insomnia (still have getting used to it), back pain, painful sex, heavy period with clots, fatigue, pressure from uterus to name a few. There were days I couldn't walk or didn't want to get out of bed. I tried changing eating habits & exercise, none of which worked. I even had surgery...didn't work came back the next month even worse than before. Whenever I think could I have waited...NO I couldn't. I think this was one of the best decisions I have ever made! I don't regret! In time I think we all will find peace with our decisions. I'm glad that you well all of us, have found this site to help us through this. Menopause is just the next phase in our life and we'll get through it. Now I don't know if those around us will survive, but we will.
Unread 04-08-2008, 02:19 PM

Vin Deisel and I are going to car pool for the golf team. We will return.
Unread 04-08-2008, 02:41 PM

Ladies, you might be interested a library book I just devoured:

The Rapid Recovery Handbook- Your Complete Guide to Faster Healing After Surgery
(written by some doctors, who cares who, I am not promoting it, just gonna give you the nutshell in case it is helpful to anyone here)

Mkay, - basic premise is that surgery is a major assault on the body and causes reactions including insomnia, bowel/urinary problems, hormonal fluctuations, loss of muscle, etc. (GEE, we already figured this out!)

In a nutshell, at this point in our healing, this is what applies to us:

1. nutrition is supremely important in healing, apparently the body needs MUCH more protein, vitamins & minerals than prior too surgery, and the authors recommend a "Neanderthal" diet, rich in lean protein, berries, nuts, vegetable fiber, and misc. vitamin /mineral supplements, especially Vitamin C and Fish Oil supplements are said to aid healing.
Basically they give the usual eat more veggies, less refined foods advice, but they really stress how much PROTEIN a healing body devours in the healing process, so it might be helpful to add a protein shake to your daily diet.

2. exhaustion is your body's cry for rest- listen to it!

3. activity level (heeding your doctor's advice, of course) should be gradual, low-impact, and only as tolerated

4. insomnia is common- they recommend several herbal remedies such as Melatonin which also acts an an antioxidant

** The book also stresses the importance of reducing your stress level

I need some more of my multivitamins and I will schedule a massage, but I cannot see myself spending a couple hundred bucks at the health-foods store.
TC
Unread 04-08-2008, 02:52 PM

The fact of the matter is girls.....we have all had hysterectomies and it was the right thing to do....end of discussion. The pain and suffering we are all going through, some more difficult than others, will one day pass. I have known for 4-5 years that a hysterectomy was inevitable. I began talking to my dr. about it then, in a round-about way. At the time, I was in my mid 40's and new my child bearing days were over, but I wasn't ready for major surgery! Since my second child 16 yrs. ago, I really started having some problems that got worse over the years. I had my yearly visit to dr. in Nov. He said call me when you are ready. I knew when I was tired of the physical and emotional pain it was causing me, it was time. I decided in one day, saw the dr. the next day, and had surgery 3 weeks later. So, I said all of that to say this, we are where we are because it was the right thing at the right time!!! We all had different types of surgeries and respond differently to the healing process, but healing WILL come, physically and emotionally. One day all the physical and emotional pain will be erased from our memory.... O.K. I'm off my soap box now. I think I really needed to hear that too.
Unread 04-08-2008, 03:39 PM

Tunacat
Thanks. I think I should find a book on surgical menopause. Have you heard of one? I tired searching online but wasn't to successful.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register