Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 110 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Panties! My first two wks I wore my boyfriends loose white fruit of the looms because I had a mini pad on.Then my first rides out of the house I wore little support shorts from victoria secret I use them when my low back hurts for yrs & bought my sister some when she had her hyster.,anyways I would take them off soon as I got back in & put on jammie pants commando.Finally this week I am able to wear the nice bikinis I bought before surgury,I still dont like my pants on very long,they arent tight it just seems I cant stand any contriction around my belly area.I have not thrown out my pads since I kept my cervix my doc said dont be alarmed if I get miniperiods,has anyone gotten one? I havent had any discharge or bleeding since I came home. When the doc told me the mini period I thought That would happen to me still getting periods after a hysterectomy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 04:49 PM

Panties continued - Right now I am using soft, cotton, granny style panties one size too big, as I have five small holes higher up in my abdominal area. BTW, hydrogen peroxide works great on the blood stains and Chlorox "Oxi Magic" stain remover on everything else . . .
Unread 04-08-2008, 04:55 PM

Hey all! What did I miss? I've been trying to catch up on all of the posts....whew. I drove to MI on Sat. and came home yesterday. Had a good time with my friends. Drank more than I have in years, ugh!!! Lots of good food and conversation as well. It was nice to see my friends again. I did see my old house too and it made me miss it. I loved that house. On the way home yesterday I saw the Harlem Globetrotters at a rest area. LOL! Those are some tall dudes.

The weather has been awesome. We went to the zoo today. I handled it well. I did take a nap when I got home though. I'm feeling better each day. Belly still gets swollen though.

Well I'll write more tomorrow. I'm tired! We're taking the kids out for ice cream...yum yum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 05:05 PM

This is all good stuff - thanks- I am so greatful for this forum. I ended up not going to the support group - Just too sore - and listened to my body - yeah Debbie
In adddition to all the good advice let me tell you what I take.
Vit C 1000mg
Omega 3 1000mg fish oil
Folic Acid - brain
Selenium - a mineral quite scarce in our diets
Calciom 1200mg
green tea supplement - high anti oxidents
barley green
I have also been eating alot of green veggies as they are high in vit K (the healing vitamin)
No fried foods - no refined foods
No soda
(I'm no purist so I have chips and chocolate in moderation - just don't ask me what my definition of moderation is cause it might change on any given day)

Think I'm gonna get me one of those chillows - anyone have one - do you like it?

Hugs and kisses
Unread 04-08-2008, 05:22 PM

I kept my cervix and should have had my period none so far. No discharge either.

I am good today-was out all morning at a job interview- second one actually and held it together. It is 45 minutes from my house-drive felt good.

I feel a little flat- not much enthusiasm for much. Gonna go to the lake this weekend and do some fishing. Staying in a motel so I can just chill when necessary. Have to go back to work next week so I thought a little time off would do me good, plus it is going to be in the 90's.

I take estroven- combo of natural ingrediants geared toward menopause symptoms. I think it works great. I also go to acupuncture and that helps.
Unread 04-08-2008, 05:38 PM

I kept one ovary I havent had any menapause symptoms, funny I had them off & on before surgury.But I was on dailly bc pills for a yr to stop ovulation so who knows. My friend was fine with her lone ovary then two months later boom hot flashes,but after six months they stopped. I think surgury or not 40's can be a stormy ride its a good time to listen to your body pamper yourself & adjust.Glad women talk about it now,& deal with it.My one Grandmother would tell me nothing she was of the opnion ladies dont talk about that I got through it & you will to someday.My other Grandma told me she would look at the laundry & housework & wanna sit & cry so she would just open a can a beer put on some music & do it!
Unread 04-08-2008, 06:29 PM

Ilene, I can't believe you are going back to work already!

Today I got emails and a phone call from work, telling me that the woman who took over my job screwed up BIG TIME and they wanted to know when I am coming back.

My boss did his usual screaming, dropping F-bombs, and ranting at everyone.

I am underpaid and underappreciated and I am not going back to that toxic environment until I absolutely MUST. Stress kills.

Meow dammit.
Unread 04-08-2008, 06:35 PM

Amen Tooo Hoo Naa Meow!!! Id rather be poor for six weeks than go back one ninute before I have to!
Unread 04-08-2008, 07:36 PM

I went to work today and my boss said 'Are you crazy - what are you doing here - go home' so I listened to myself and told my husband take me home. I love my boss she's a smart lady. hee hee hee

Tanks God for laptops, high speed and remote access.

Night sisters - I'm off to bed
Unread 04-08-2008, 07:36 PM

I had to go to my son's baseball practice. 2 hours of sitting on the bleachers- getting up because my butt hurt-sitting down again because I was tired-getting up because my butt hurt.

It was a nice evening and it felt good to be outside. Boy I am tired now.

Pam

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register