Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 116 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Thank you for your input, and I hope your doing just fine now. MY TAH was on 3-11-08, surgery went well, and recovery is fine, but interesting pathology report, ever hear od IVL in the uterous?

jmwh in MN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Arrgh!!!

Ladies, I need to vent. I just finished crying my eyes out.

Why? Well, I am very tired from cleaning my house today, and just when I sat down I got a phone call from a from a friend, (who is a nurse), who said to me:
" You don't sound good. By this time after MY hysterectomy I was up & driving and doing everything"

Excuse me, but I was listening to bar review lectures on CD while in my darn hospital bed, and then driving to lectures by 8 days after surgery, and painting and scrubbing my rental apartment during Week 2!!

I have not had a chance to really REST. I have no choice- I need to prepare for the biggest exam of my life and I need the rental income. And I was just stunned that she would criticize me for not healing FAST ENOUGH!

No one understands.... I am doing all I can to hold everything together, and to have someone criticize me is just too much right now.

I am so frustrated and sad.
TC
Unread 04-09-2008, 05:08 PM

HUGS HUGS HUGS HUSG HUGS HUGS to you Tunacat!!!!!! That was kind of insensitive!! We all heal in our own ways. Did she get the same stuff done in her hyst as you did? Don't even listen to her. I seen a lady who works with my mom when I seen my mom otday, the lady asked how i was feeling and I said I was feeling kind of yucky, nausous. She asked how long its been since the hyst, I said 4 weeks tomorrow. She says, huh well I don't feel sorry for you." I didnot ask for her to feel sorry for me! PEOPLE!! From now on I am carrying eggs with me. Rude and insensitive comments and impaitent drivers will get eggged!!!
Tunacat, I think you have done extremely well!!!! HUGS HUGS HUGS again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaCat
Ladies, I need to vent. I just finished crying my eyes out.

Why? Well, I am very tired from cleaning my house today, and just when I sat down I got a phone call from a from a friend, (who is a nurse), who said to me:
" You don't sound good. By this time after MY hysterectomy I was up & driving and doing everything"

Excuse me, but I was listening to bar review lectures on CD while in my darn hospital bed, and then driving to lectures by 8 days after surgery, and painting and scrubbing my rental apartment during Week 2!!

I have not had a chance to really REST. I have no choice- I need to prepare for the biggest exam of my life and I need the rental income. And I was just stunned that she would criticize me for not healing FAST ENOUGH!

No one understands.... I am doing all I can to hold everything together, and to have someone criticize me is just too much right now.

I am so frustrated and sad.
TC

Oh, Tuna.....I'm so sorry. Sometimes people can be insensitive without even realizing it. Being a nurse she should certainly know that we all heal differently and in our own time.

When I was at my lowest, I was reading about all the things you were doing and thinking.....WOW, how does she do it? I can't even go to the bathroom without crying.

It amazes me that you are doing all that you are doing! I'm actually very impressed but I am also concerned. I hope that you can try to take a little time for yourself now. It may be delayed but we all know how important rest is.

So, please don't let what other people say impact your rate of healing. I admit I get jealous at times when I read about some of you going back to work, chasing after kids, doing chores, etc., etc. but I have also finally realized that my dr. DID tell me 8-12 weeks. Now, I just accept the fact that it's going to take me a bit longer than everyone else.

One step at a time......we'll all be whole again!

Unread 04-09-2008, 06:56 PM

JMWH: What is IVL anyway???? Glad you are doing well also. Stick with us...we are good friends who take care of each other.

Ilene
Unread 04-09-2008, 07:23 PM

OK, thank goodness this day is over, after waiting 1/2 over for my hair appt. I finally got back there. She apoligized for the delay due to another client needing an emergency appt due to a funeral. Oh well, I finally got in there and got rid of the roots and got a different hair cut. I had a bob but it is getting summer and I just needed a change (can anyone guess why). Then I get home and the DH and DS are working on the truck changing the breaks why?????? yes I know they needed changed but today. We have a house appraisal tomorrow and there are many unfinished project the DH has yet to complete but that truck needed breaks go figure (men). Ok I have vented and I am better. Hope everyone had a better day I know tomorrow will be better I get to go to a luncheon tomorrow at work. Sleep well everyone. Take care.
Karen
Unread 04-09-2008, 07:33 PM

Well Vin Diesel and I went to dinner with DH & DD. Before I went I did a glorious thing...I took ALL of my super plus tampons out of my purse about 6 which would last me 2 hours changing one every 20 min. My purse is small & this was adding a lot of weight. I'm so excited to not have my period anymore! Now I'm tired I did a lot tomorrow I plan on staying at home only taking DD to & from school.
Unread 04-09-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
Well Vin Diesel and I went to dinner with DH & DD. Before I went I did a glorious thing...I took ALL of my super plus tampons out of my purse about 6 which would last me 2 hours changing one every 20 min. My purse is small & this was adding a lot of weight. I'm so excited to not have my period anymore! Now I'm tired I did a lot tomorrow I plan on staying at home only taking DD to & from school.
That's funny 'cause I did the same thing the other day. I opened up the little zipper section in my purse where I usually keep my "supplies" and I realized I didn't need to carry these around all the time anymore. I took them all out, threw them under the bathroom sink (which I'll clean out as soon as I can sit on the floor again), and promtly put my lipstick, pens, and other little things in there. It was almost a right of passage!!!!

It takes so little to excite me these days!!!!!

Unread 04-09-2008, 07:44 PM
As the Perineum Returns.....

Guess what girls.................

There was a perineum sighting today!!!! My doctor said I have one...it needs a little work.....but it's still there!!!!

Unread 04-09-2008, 07:55 PM

Whew the famous perineum was found!

I have been trying to think about what I could put in my zipper part of my purse maybe change instead of having a coin purse in my car since I didn't have room before. Yea.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register