Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 117 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Thank you I will explain later but something to be aware of ; it is extremely rare. I just just need some sound medical advice on this, so I can have a peace of mind.

Jacki in MN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 08:03 PM

Yesterday was a good day but today was a bad day. I guess I did to much yesterday because my hind in hurt so bad. I did not do to much today. Watched 2 movies and put more pictures in albums. Hope tomorrow will be better.

Pam
Unread 04-09-2008, 08:13 PM

Hi and greetings to you, hope your doing fine, mine was the exact same day, and DH is the best enjoying my six week leave from work has been great.

Take care.
Jacki in MN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2008, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaCat
Ladies, I need to vent. I just finished crying my eyes out.

Why? Well, I am very tired from cleaning my house today, and just when I sat down I got a phone call from a from a friend, (who is a nurse), who said to me:
" You don't sound good. By this time after MY hysterectomy I was up & driving and doing everything"

Excuse me, but I was listening to bar review lectures on CD while in my darn hospital bed, and then driving to lectures by 8 days after surgery, and painting and scrubbing my rental apartment during Week 2!!

I have not had a chance to really REST. I have no choice- I need to prepare for the biggest exam of my life and I need the rental income. And I was just stunned that she would criticize me for not healing FAST ENOUGH!

No one understands.... I am doing all I can to hold everything together, and to have someone criticize me is just too much right now.

I am so frustrated and sad.
TC
Good morning all,
Warning and apologies - my response may turn into a bit of a vent itself, as I've been holding this in since the day of my surgery.

Unfortunately, I find that it is oftentimes those with a medical background that are distanced from the full psychological impact, perhaps even more so with people close in.

I was asked only a few hours after my surgery why I had waited so long to have this large fibroid dealt with (By my estimation, not so long. Had been followed and well informed by my Dr. . . as long as I needed to to feel comfortable and ready) . . . first deep breath of the healing process . . . no answer given at that moment, was just stunned and deeply disappointed that the question was even asked. A week after my surgery, another physician relation made the comment that by surgical standards, the TAH is a "basic" surgery, which is fast and easy and shouldn't require such a long recovery. Deep breathing following that statement as well, and actually waited a long while (not typical for me) before responding with a "you know - the surgery may not require hours and hours or a huge amount of cutting (sometimes), but wait a minute . . . you are talking about removing part (or whole in some cases) of a system that has functioned for years and years. And individual healing and coping styles . . . oh, and let's not forget the emotional impact of the particular organ and the roller coaster we women have ridden since we were teenagers." But, you are right TunaCat, they simply do not understand. I was incensed! Case in point though, in the latter example, the person I speak of is known to be a GREAT clinician with terrific diagnostic skills - the kind of Dr. that people cannot easily replace (by clinical standards )but, BUT, not known for bedside manner.

I believe that medical professionals, as much as they care for us personally, have had to distance themselves from clinical issues, and have been trained to do so, otherwise the emotional impact they sustain on a continual basis would be too great. Not that this is an excuse. Feel sorry for the person who makes a comment like that - perhaps they have not yet dealt with the full emotional impact of their own health/other issues - or in the case of that particular friend of TunaCat's, her own hyst. Or they are just plain insensitive.

The bottom line is that the healing process is multifaceted, very individual and is no one else's to judge and comment on.

Thankfully, we who subscribe to a support system like HysterSisters are a self selected bunch to begin with. People who are not afraid to share their feelings and open themselves. Who seek out the "kinship" of those traversing a similar path and seem to be empathetic to the individual nature of this thing and the fact that not every hyst is the same. That there have been different and multi-layered aspects of the healing process vis-a-vis different repairs and such, or the painful decision of prophylactic surgery - we all got to this place on our own steam and carrying separate packages. I don't get the feeling here in our group that any one of us feels particular "ownership" over the hyst experience. We all seem very interested and respectful of each other's process, life station and outside commitments. . . that's why it's wonderful that we're all here in cyberspace together. A toast to us for "getting it."

Sorry for that long epistle . . . off of soap box now.

Quick subject change here, I also had that nice feeling of transferring the magnum of supplies out of the purse and into the guest bathroom cupboard. Have to admit though, when a few of you mentioned you were looking for the staining with each wipe - I must concur - it is a little strange, isn't it?

Regarding that bladder pinching at the end of a pee: my Dr.'s office has me on some effervescent drink for the next two days to make the urine less acidic. Also drinking water till I'm blue in the face. Seems to be helping a bit so far - supposed to call in tomorrow and report on pinching status.

Everyone be good to themselves and have a great day today.
Unread 04-10-2008, 01:50 AM

Good morning ladies, I am new to your group and i have to say you are an awesome band of sisters. I only stumbled across your site a week ago and the help you have been to my mental health is amazing. I am on week four of a twelve week recovery period and i am soooo bored. I am a 46 year old mother of four,[27,25,19and17]and two scrumptious grand children. I am married to a man in the Royal Air Force and live in Norfolk England,I have a time difference with you all of between five hours [east coast], and eight hours [west coast]. I am home alone today so i am going to take a slow walk around our house and see how it looks with DH in charge, HA, HA. Take care Ali,
Unread 04-10-2008, 01:56 AM

Hi Ali, and welcome!!

No time delay from me - I am in South Africa. This is a great group of women, you are right. Hope your day in Norfolk is a lovely one.
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:13 AM

Well I have 4 purses to go through. i have gotten all the pads out of the bathroom, and kept the tampons in case my girlfriends or sisters need them. I am always thinking of everyone else. I even found a pregnancy test!!!! On one of those late times when my period started misbehaving. I was even on the pill. I already gave my pills to my sister. we used the same brand. So I will keep the test incase my sisters have an emergancy. They are 18 and 20. Same Mom and Dad. My mom had endo and took 12 years to finally get pegnant after me. I watched her go through that and I decided if it didn't ha[[en naturally after DD then it was meant to be. 8 yrs.
As for the wiping. me too. Habit. My bm had a small bleed, and I have discharge in my panties. hmmmm.

Who do I phone for the hemmies? My gyny or GP? I htink thats why I haven't phoned yet. I don't want to sound whinny or anything. But if there is a fissure can it get infected? SIgH. I will phone today.

I have been trying to do my keagels. But I still feel like I am leaking when I sit down or stand for longer than 10 minutes.Groosss.

I guess my headache is not from the wine 2 nights ago. Its still here. day 2. grrr. BUt I am going to go out for a nice walk today. DD is all stuffy, and has bright red cheeks. I think she will stay home today. She has class pictures tomorrow and don't want her being sick tomorrow. She would be devistated. She is the life of the class!! I am so proud! We snuggled all night last night! mmm, Can't we push a pause button? I have been looking for 8 years now, it has got to be somewhere around here! sigh.

Okay I am off for more snuggle time. I fugure I have about 2 years left, then she'll be grossed out by us!!hehhe Ahh,, i think she'll always be my snugglebug! I like this mood today! I think I will keep this one!

enjoy your day ladies.
ps....does anyone else feel like this is liek facebook? I had to get off there cause thats all I would do! DH hated that site! He likes this one. I guess because I don't natter to him about my stuff !!
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:17 AM

JMWH.... I googled your IVL finding. wow. How are you felling now? Did you have symptoms before? Hugs to you. How invasive was your surgury? What are they going to do now? Okay I will quit asking questions. Welcome! you will enjoy it here. I know I am!
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:25 AM
4 weeks and 1 day post op

Well,the days are finally going by faster now...woohoo I feel great today have had a few off and on days the lastweek butits d*****ately getting sooooooooooooooo much better and tolerable more now...My discharged stopped about 2 weeks post op...so that was a blessing for me...I find thatI am still scared to have sex...which I still have 2 weeks till I am allowed to...but, I am terrified...I'm scared its not going to be as enjoyable for my partner as itwas before...bc I had my cervix removed too...About the vaginal pain and throbbing I have had that too off and on...I am guessing its either from where they took out my cervix and stitched me up or either from the pelvic bones adjusting maybe? Its not been excruciating or anything just a stabbing pain or deep needle pinching sensation...and I am sick and tired of being weak...anyone else experiencing all the weakness in ur muscles...I guess u probably are...I'm guessing its bc I havent been that active and now that I am trying to do a little more my muscles are weak and sore...but, overall comparedto last 4 weeks...today is a great day!! I am also going to my son's soccer game this evening...firstone I will have gotten to go to...
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:56 AM

Hi ladies

First, thanks for the support, I was devastated last night by my "friend's" comments regarding my "slow" healing.

Denise, please don't envy me for my activity, it is only because I HAD to get out and drive to lectures and because I HAD to fix up my rental apartment that I did those things.

I once literally had to drag my exhausted self, crying, out of bed, to drive an hour for my lecture.

I would much rather have come home and had nothing to focus on but rest and relaxation... but life isn't like that. I cannot afford a maid, gotta clean my house, gotta stay up with studies, gotta pay the bills whatever it takes, the stress is enormous.
And perhaps it is taking its toll, perhaps I am not healing "fast enough" or maybe I set myself back by doing too much. But I do what I have to do.

I have learned on this site not to compare myself, and to allow this episode in my life to happen, and I enjoy sharing it with you all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register