Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 119 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
I could care a less what people think....but I do care when they don't know how to keep their opinions to themselves. I see myself as a fairly outspoken person (as some of my more graphic threads have shown) but I'm not rude. There is no excuse for rudeness!

Okay......off of my : now!
I agree no manners no manners! How about the first time they have problems who do you think they will come running to for advice? US!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2008, 12:01 PM

Yup! I can't wait for the first time one of these people walks up to us and says....."When you had your hysterectomy, did you......blah, blah, blah...."

We'll be experts by then!

Huggles,
Unread 04-10-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Yup! I can't wait for the first time one of these people walks up to us and says....."When you had your hysterectomy, did you......blah, blah, blah...."

We'll be experts by then!

Huggles,

We'll be Veterans!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2008, 12:21 PM

Hi Girls
Debbie, thanks for your encouragement & hugs
Denise- nice job finding the elusive perineum!
SW- I so wish I could come to your party ( If I had any energy, I would plan a Happy Hysterectomy party too!)

The weather is sunny & beautiful today in New England, so I went out to the seashore for lunch with my boyfriend, my Dad, & my 90 year old grandfather.
We had a lovely walk after lunch, Dad & BF up front, me & grandfather hobbling along behind slowly!! We must have been a sight.

I am still sore today from doing too much housework yesterday- but energy level has been consistent today, and seems to hold a litle longer this week.
Yeah, progress.

I am getting really cranky with people who keep asking " When are you going back to work?" as if I am enjoying a lovely vacation or something.... and I should stop dawdling and get back to business.

Ladies, you are all awesome, dealing with this situation with humor, grace and dignity (what dignity we have left after showing our vaginas to the world, but ANYWAY...)

So everyone have a wonderful day and check in with your updates tonight!
TC
Unread 04-10-2008, 12:38 PM

TunaCat
It just looked like you were being caring to walk with your grandfather. We used to live in MD and I miss the fresh seafood. How nice to walk along the boardwalk and look at the ocean. Have a good day!
Unread 04-10-2008, 01:21 PM

Who would have thunk that taking out a few stitches would make me hurt so bad. I haven't had this much pain since about week two. I'm still managing with the 800 mg. ibuprofen but I'm having to keep up with the dosage. Before it was just as needed.

Oh, and I guess I'm more emotionally/psycologically messed up than I thought....she upped my Paxil to the max at 50 mg. (1-40 mg. & 1-10 mg.) and doubled up my Premarin to 0.625 mg.

Hope everyone is doing well today! Another day down.....almost.
Unread 04-10-2008, 01:31 PM

Hi Ladies!!

Well I finally made it here at a whopping 14h20 !! DD4 is home with me so it's been alot of.... Not there, over here, pick that up, leave it alone..... She is really good but it's hard for me keep up with her energy level.

DENISE: I had my DH pull out my basket of yarns and goodies last night and I have a crotched book. I am determined to master a project. I can do individual stitches but I get about 5 min in and have to undo it..... I might end up sticking with my knitting!!

TUNA: I was talking with my DD daycare director yesterday and she said the same kinda thing....driving 3 days after blah blah. She is really sweet though and remembered not to take it personally and was very happy to tell her GOSH but you were lucky the rest of us are having a much slower process!! She had no idea before that she was not the norm.

I too opened my handbag yesterday for the first time in weeks and saw my last liners lying in the bottom. It was like "Oh yeah, don't need those anymore"

As for the rest of my family....two oldest kids (14 &10) in particular, their rooms are turning into two pig sty's. SO NOT FOLLOWING mom's rules about no eating in your room. DS14 has a bowl of rice in his room. We had that on SATURDAY! I am going to remind him abou the theory that I brought him in and I can take him out!

Lovely day to all.
Unread 04-10-2008, 01:57 PM

My DD is home for the day. Not feeling so well. I told her if you stay ome, then its cleaning your in the afternoon. So she is actually in there right now cleaning!! I also have a no food or drink rule in the bedroom. When she was 4yrs I kept telling her and Dh no drinks or food in her room. She has Dh wrapped around her finger. So I go in there to put clothes away and notice fruitflies. GROSS! I hate bugs. SO I find where they are and I lost it! She had a juice cup that had applejuice in it and it had spilt in her lego drawer! I picked up the plastic 3 drawer bin and heaved it outside! I threw all the lego out, and her and Dh just stood there looking at me like I was crazy! That is why there is no drinks allowed in the room!!!! I thought she had learned but a few months ago I layed down with her and my feet felt wet! A thing of milk! ON HER BED!!!Shes 7 now!! GRRR.
SO I am just tickled she is cleaning!!
I am also folding clothes and need to side stretch my back, and I hardly even started to lean and felt a burning pull inside the incision. When will that stop. My left side about an inch above the incision is very tender. I think my ulsers have also reared their uglies. What a mess. At least DD's rrom isn't!!
Unread 04-10-2008, 01:58 PM

[quote=nicoler76]I am going to remind him abou the theory that I brought him in and I can take him outQUOTE]

You sound like me obviously I've said that to my DD for her to say it to me the other night, ha!
Unread 04-10-2008, 02:05 PM

Dh is taking us for a car ride after work!! Last night on their way home from Dirtbiking,Dh's bike fell off the trailer as they were doing 50 kmh! Brand new! He needs a new throttle and stuff on the handle bars, and besides that its pretty scratched up. He can replace the plastics. I said at least you didn't do that while riding. He wpuld more than likely be in the hospital. And his bike could have been a write off. So he needs to go to the next town to get the parts so he can ride this weekend. I asked if he wanted us to come. He said I guess so. YAY! I get to go out! I only drive around town and that is dangerous enough. We have ALOT of elderly. And very imoatient drivers. So then maybe I can get a new shirt! Or hoodie. I dont think they have joggin pants for women there. Oh well. I'll take a shirt!
The sun is shining! I should go out for a walk!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register