Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-20-2008, 09:01 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

I still want sleep really bad, it was another 2am to 7am for me. This is a good day to go to the doctor 'coz my Vijayjay is ACHING today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 09:04 AM

morning girls!!!

Nicole: my vjay jay is throbbing too!!!
was miserable last night...felt like my internal organs were jammed into a little box so to speak. I dont get it. If they took it all out then why does it feel so crowded.. Felt discouraged cause my plan was no more pain meds. My doc thought it was a good plan but I can't do it. Going down the shame spiral...then I got a grip and thought this is my body I WILL SAY WHEN. Took pain pills then a bit more this morning and I feel way better. Gonna titrate a bit more slowly today. Anyone else have burning tennis balls in their butt???? Why?

plan for the day:

rest

mail box

rest

This from a type A hyperactive 48 year old.

One more day toward recovery friends: congratulations
Unread 03-20-2008, 09:27 AM

Well, today is day 7 and things were going too well. I was feeling good, belly feels good with no meds since Mon. Headaches and dizziness are gone since I stopped the percocet. Yesterday was my twins bday so dh and I did a little shopping. I was real sure to make sure I took it easy and came home as soon as I started feeling tired. Then we had dinner and cake and stuff last night. This morning I had to go to the dentist and everything started catching up. I started spotting and am a little more achey. So I have already informed my hubby I plan on staying on this sofa all day today.
Last night I had restless legs and arms and had a horrible time sleeping. What is the deal with the night sweats?
It is frustrating to feel well, but not be able to get back to normal without paying the price.

Take care
Tara
TAH BSO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 09:29 AM

Yes, I too have tennis balls in my butt- but only when I sit too long, like, oh, 20 minutes!
I also wonder what is going inside me, it feels so different- in fact, I have the irresistable urge to touch and poke my incision and my belly and try to figure out what is underneath.
Unread 03-20-2008, 09:59 AM

Hello, All!

Lets see I am 11 days postop: TVH, AP Repair, and overlapping anal sphincteroplasty.

I went for my second wound check today after the nightmare I went through last Tuesday. I got there and she took me right in (I wasn't even scheduled). She removed the packing and praised DH for doing such a great job. I was still having quite a bit of pain and we localized to 3 stitchs in the sphincteroplasty site. She removed them. OMG......INSTANT RELEIF!!!!! Don't get me wrong I am still very sore and still require oxycodone and the oxycontin but what a difference. I can almost sit normally. I can get up and down off the toilet much, much easier, and just sitting in bed is FINALLY comfortable. There is no longer that pulling sharp constant pain that I have had every single day since my surgery.

The DR said, "well, cosmetically it's not what she wanted but functionally it looks good." Who cars about the cosmetics of theire (*)....I mean I don't plan on being a (*) model anytime soon. I told her I didn't care what it looked like as long as it worked!!!!!!

My DR is going to be out on spring break with her kids next week but she wants me to come back on 4/1 to see her when she gets back. a whole week with no doctors poking and proding me!!!!!

For the first time since my surgery I finally feel like I will be able to make some progress. I am planning a to the mailbox today to celebrate. Wish me luck!!!!
Unread 03-20-2008, 10:38 AM

I had a LAVH and kept both ovaries. My Ovaries and tubes were cleaned up a bit to remove any parts that did not look good, but I had to have the Hyst because of enlarged uterus and adenomyosis.

I feel pretty good...I tend to want to get up just like everything is okay and over do it then I'm down for a full day...I going to stop this pattern.
Unread 03-20-2008, 10:45 AM

Everything does feel very crowded...I think its because of the gas and not being able to fully evacuate.

The sleep thing is crazy, even with my ovaries, I wake up with night sweats, the bed is completely wet. My DH has take to put a pillow barrier around me, I'm not sure if this is to gaurd me from him throwing his arm over me in the night or to stay dry from the wake of my sweat....lol
Unread 03-20-2008, 10:58 AM

I figure I will lose lots of weight sweating like I ran ten miles.
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:26 AM

8 days post op today and I'm feeling well. I'm off the strong pain meds because they kept me awake. I'll only take a tylenol or motrin if I think I need a bit more help. Last night I slept well, even on my belly, but have experienced the night sweats too. Hot showers have been the best thing for my shoulder pain--it's almost gone.

My mom went home yesterday, so dh is going to need to step it up a bit. I'm refusing to overdo it. I feel great, but know it could so easily be messed up if I do too much.
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:28 AM

Looks like everyone is doing Ok today I am 8 days post op I have been doing really well today I feel a little sore & achy to I didn't nap yesterday maybe thats why.I am looking forward to driving again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register