Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Hi ladies,

I am 10 days post-op. Had a TVH-BSO with anterior and posterior repairs and am doing pretty well overall. I am experiencing just a little spotting that is more orange in color - not bright red. My doctor prescribed Premarin Cream vaginally 3x per week and it really helped with the discomfort I was experiencing. I was thrilled with the results until my husband and I saw a TV ad from a local attorney wanting to hear from anyone (just dial their 1-800 number!) who had gotten breast cancer after using Premarin and some other HRTs. The ad seriously freaked my husband out, and he wanted me to call the doctor and get something else prescribed. I told him to simmer down and not fret just yet.

I am really tired though like everyone else. My only issue continues to be my left leg and the numbness in my knee. I am going to call my doctor today to get PT started for it.

My doctor cleared me to drive as soon as I felt like it and was off pain meds (was off them Wednesday, March 12). So, I drove to the movie theatre with my 10 year-old son yesterday to see "Horton...". Felt woozy walking in and went very sloooowly. I had to hold onto my son's arm all the way in and then back out again. However, I did OK during the movie because we got there early and got seats that were behind a rail that I could put my feet on to keep them level with my seat. It worked out OK.

However, given the wooziness in the parking lot, I am not going to go for a spin the rest of this week. May try again over the weekend.

My best wishes to everyone else on this post in her recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 12:00 PM
one week out of surgery

I had my TAH BSO one week ago yesterday. Physically I feel great compared to what I thought I would fee. Emotionally I an unsure. I have my first check up today so we will see how that goes.

Surgery went real well & I am healing well.
Unread 03-20-2008, 12:34 PM

I can't say I feel sad about losing the uterus. I had my tubes done at age 29,and I had that grieving my children issue for a bit when my son turned 18,but this yr I became a Grandmother at 41, my oldest is 22 so I have a son 20 & daughter 22 they both have birthdays coming in June & Aug. But anyway for that short period when the son turned 18 I understood why some start over.You dont appreciate enough that delicate precious time when they are little,but I have embraced this new phase! My boyfriend & I go out & do stuff with our friends it is a second youth for us.And I love being a Grandmother,and I love watching my daugher be a mother & I love the relationship her & I have.
I was trully scared about loosing both ovaries,but fortunately I was able to keep one.My coworker had a total hysterectomy a yr ago & has no ovaries she said she takes premarin & doesnt get hot flashes. So far I haven't had any.I already get occasion night sweats so far they are not worse. I think the ovary they took must have not worked anyway because I dont feel any different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 02:05 PM

I over did it yesterday. I called my Dr because I was bleeding yesterday & today. I also moved funny and felt a pull in my stomach. The triage nurse said bleeding is a sign of over doing it. She said that you'll have good days and bad days that I had a major surgery 7 days ago even though it was a lap assisted hyster it is considered a major surgery and that I have to take it easy. She told me signs to be concerned about bleeding through a pad in one hour & pain meds not taking the pain away. So I guess we all have to take it easy even though we feel good one day because I'm paying for it now. I'm really tired today and sore. I hope everyone is having a good day!
Unread 03-20-2008, 02:08 PM

Sorry to hear you have had some troubles.I havent had any bleeding since I left the hospital my belly is still pretty tender though.I would have called th dr. as well.
Unread 03-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Pain in pelvic area

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoler76
There is NO WAY I will be able to sit in a waiting room chair for even 10 min. My nice desk chair at home hurt my pelvic area....

I just don't want to look silly or lazy since I am quite able to walk, hunched as it may be.
My DR told me to go to the drug store or pharmacy and get a innertub donut to take the pressure off of my pelvic area when I sit. I too have been having the pain with sitting. I hope you feel better!
Unread 03-20-2008, 02:40 PM

Well, to whom ever said that my crowding feeling may be that my bowels are not emptied I could hug them. I have been pooping daily since I got home but today I had a lovely cup of espresso, and I really pooped and I feel totally different. None of that feeling of swelling and congestion. Whoohoo.

So todays objectives met and exceeded:

woke up
took a nap
pooped
went to the mailbox and ............I know you wont believe this..walked a bit further
pooped again
now I need a nap.

Life is good.
Unread 03-20-2008, 02:49 PM

I am one week post-op and feel great. I went to the grocery store two days ago and out to dinner last night. My uterus had gotten so large due to fibroid tumors that the doctor did not have to pack/move my intestine or bowel which makes recovery quicker (theoretically). I kept my ovaries and cervix. I had lots of gas, but had a bowel movement within 48 hours of surgery. I recommend a preemptive stool softener starting the day after surgery until the "blessed event" - that will make life easier. Only taking occasional ibuprofen for pain, so that helps too.

Good luck to all.
Unread 03-20-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabug
Well, to whom ever said that my crowding feeling may be that my bowels are not emptied I could hug them. I have been pooping daily since I got home but today I had a lovely cup of espresso, and I really pooped and I feel totally different. None of that feeling of swelling and congestion. Whoohoo.

So todays objectives met and exceeded:

woke up
took a nap
pooped
went to the mailbox and ............I know you wont believe this..walked a bit further
pooped again
now I need a nap.

Life is good.
Must be something in the water!!! After I went for yet another wound check this morning (where she removed 3 more stitches, which feels wonderful by the way!).....anyway....after all that I told my husband I've done enough today so I wasn't going to poop today. Well, my colon had different ideas. Now I feel like crap again.....hehe.....I made a funny.

Tomorrow......I plan to venture to the mailbox.....and possibly to the corner of my street (3 houses down)....

Here's to future adventures...
Unread 03-20-2008, 04:44 PM

As I was debating getting up from my nap with the sun shining in my face I pictured A hyster sister storm trooping to the mailbox in nightgown & robe!& I fought off a laugh!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register