Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 140 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Uti

Oh Debbie! That is what happened to me - no pain or burning when I went pee, I just had pain in my belly. I couldn't believe it when they said that. I also couldn't hold my pee at all when I had the infection. At least it will be on the mend now.

Take care of yourself, drink lots of water and cranberry juice.

kathie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Hello sisters...

Back from first day of work. Body felt ok but my head was like swiss cheeze. Hard to formulate sentances and be reassuring to people in need.

Four hours was my limit, then came home and took a nap which I havent done since my first week. The other thing I noticed was lots more hot flashes...and sweating ickkkkk. I do think however it is over ninety degrees today so everyone else could be sweating too.

I think I can handle this for a week or so then get back into gear. Glad I started out slow!

You guys sound good too. We are all moving forward.
Unread 04-14-2008, 05:06 PM

Hey ladies. After injuring myself by laughing and on bed rest yesterday I had my first succesful day out....sorta.

Went to Subway for lunch, Lane Bryant for bargain shopping, Wal-Mart for groceries (pushed my own cart to, 2 hours later, sore and tired but I made it), Physical Therapy, picked up kids from school, came home made pasta and salad for dinner and here I am. I little worse for wear but my soul feels oh so good.

I have two weeks left at home, I am hoping for some sun to sunbathe in!!
Even when I go back to work I will still do my daily post here. We are now permanent part of the Hystersisters family. I just saw I have over 700 posts! OMG think I have nothing better to do.

As for weight I am wearing a size smaller but my weight is the same?? (except for when swelly belly rear it's ugly head)

DENISE: Uttie - Uterus. One of the ladies pre-op made a paper mache Uttie and there was even a couple pics some where of a knitted/crocthed one. You might just give it a search. It was a really cute idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoler76

DENISE: Uttie - Uterus. One of the ladies pre-op made a paper mache Uttie and there was even a couple pics some where of a knitted/crocthed one. You might just give it a search. It was a really cute idea.
Okay, I'll take the "Duh of the day award"! I looked it up and it was knitted. Man, I'd love to find a crochet patter for that.....I whip one up from my doc. That would be awesome!!!!

Today was soooooooooo boring. I don't have anything else to crochet right now. I used up any decent amount of yard that I had and I'm too poor to go buy more. It would help if I'd get a disability check.

Anyhow, I must be getting better because for the first time I did not get a same day email response from my doctor. I hope she responds tomorrow morning 'cause I really had a bunch of questions for her. When I was there this morning, it looked like she just came out of the OR and all of her exam rooms were full. So, I'm thinking Monday is just a very busy day for her.

So I'm thinking I might do laundry tomorrow. As I said before, I'm too poor to go anywhere. The house is fairly clean. The only thing to really do is laundry. Then I guess Wednesday I'll drag the vacume around and suck up the dog hair. Goodness only knows what kind of exciting things I'll have to do on Thursday and Friday. Funny thing is that working from home would give me something to do....but I don't want to do that either.

Bored.....bored......bored.....that is my biggest obstacle right now.

Now that my girly parts are getting better, I have a huge heel spur in my left foot that needs to be tended to. So I guess, I'll start scheduling that. ::::sigh::::
Unread 04-14-2008, 05:44 PM

Debbie
I'm glad you went to the ER and got an answer. You'll be tip top in no time!
Unread 04-14-2008, 06:36 PM

Denise -

I think I found a crochet pattern that you might like:
http://www.madamefabulous.com/random..._04_09_05.html
Unread 04-14-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplechick73
Denise -

I think I found a crochet pattern that you might like:
http://www.madamefabulous.com/random..._04_09_05.html
OMG!!!! I think I can work with that!!!! I'm going to make it for my next drs. appt. LOL.......

I'll post a picture when it's done. I have to go and get pink yarn tomorrow! Dh gets paid.....maybe if I ask real nice he'll give me $5.00. Geesh....I hate being dependent on him.

Thank you soooo much!!!!

Yeah, I have something to do now!!!!!
Unread 04-14-2008, 06:49 PM

I am a dumb blonde.
I wore my chinos this morning to the massage appointment- so I figured I would wear them to school, since I have been wearing the same 2 sweatsuits constantly.

Big mistake. By 6:30 my belly was swollen and throbbing against the waistband. Drove all the way home (1 hour) completely unbuttoned & unzipped... good thing I didn't get pulled over!

Nicole- wow you did alot today!

DeniseS- I just got my disability checks in the mail, and it has been 4 weeks!!! They take their sweet time.

Ilene- wow, the thought of work just terrifies me. I still need a nap most afternoons : (

G,nite all!
Unread 04-14-2008, 07:20 PM

Well, I just got my email back from my doctor.

No more peri-bottle, no more packing the wound!!!!! WhoHoo!!!!! I feel so liberated.

Back to work part-time from home on the 28th.

Next appointment on the 24th, it's a little over a week away. I could swear when I saw her today she said she'd see me in a "few weeks". But that's okay.

Upper body workouts only. I'm a few weeks away from returning to Curves.

She also said my 1 1/2 - 2 hour time limits when I'm out sounds right for the type of surgery I had and where I should be 5 weeks postop.

That about does it.

Tomorrow's To Do List:

Go for a walk

Laundry

Crochet a uterus

Talk to y'all later!
Unread 04-14-2008, 07:52 PM

Night guys. I think I'll go to bed now. Yea a whole day not watching TV. I sat on the couch played computer games & talked to my hyster sisters. I found a lady right here in my town & we've been emailing. This site is the best!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register