Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 150 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

You girls who have not dusted are shocking me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 07:27 PM

Dusting, laundry, sweeping floors, cleaning windows, loading and emptying dishwasher, cleaning bathrooms, changing beds, cleaning out kitchen drawers, bringing the garbage can back from the road, getting groceries.....almost everything except vacuuming......and I have to go back to work on Monday..............help me!!!! I really wanted to wash my car today, but I didn't think I could drag the water hose out, and I don't like car washes.
Unread 04-16-2008, 07:48 PM

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy and was told I could drive after 2 weeks...I am driving to the doctor alone tomorrow. It is over an hour one way...I am still feeling like I have a full bladder all the time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 07:59 PM

Hi, I'm in my fifth week and had my check up with the doctor today. Who is an hour away too and I drove by myself. My bladder doesn't feel full, but I do have what feels like minor swelling and a hard feeling under my insision. He said both were normal and that the healing takes time. By the time I'd driven to the doctors and then back home I was wiped! Had a two hour nap and not three hours later could go right back to sleep! Good luck tomorrow.
Unread 04-16-2008, 08:11 PM

You guys are good driving for an hour one way. I told my doctor 2 wks ago that I drove to our cottage (1:30 hr one way) and his reaction was: "Honey, you just had a major surgery and you don't do that...". I guess that's why I was in pain for two day after I came back. He told me not to drive for another 2-3 weeks after that. I am seeing him next week and if you guys are able to drive by now, I don't know why I couldn't drive myself. Especially now that it's been a total of 5 wks tomorrow. Why couldn't I?
Unread 04-16-2008, 08:28 PM

I go for my post-op on Friday, cannot wait to get back to work sooooo bored. Dr. said I could drive after 2weeks. I feel GREAT!!!!!!! Just a little soreness from time to time but thats it. My biggest problem now is when I need to use the restroom , I have to go right now. Anybody else feel that way?
Unread 04-16-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
I guess it depends on the bunnies....are they big dust bunnies or little dust bunnies?

In my house.....dusting is heavy house work. Heavy 'cause no one picks up the duster 'cause it must be too heavy!

too funny... I will have to remember that one !
Unread 04-16-2008, 09:01 PM

I have been driving since March31. I have a truck which is pretty humerous to watch me get in and out of. I think I will calling the Doc tomorrow if my woohoo still hurts. It feels like a UTI in coming on. And my back under the ribs is still achy. I know its the start of a kidney infec. I thought the alcohol in the wine would kill any bacteria. (KIDDING!!). I just hat e calling to sound like a whinner. At least today was better. Except for fighting with this stupid computer!!!! Grrrr. If I have to pee one more time!
I have been bad with the nothing for 6 weeks thing. I have been doing pretty much evrything but at a VERY slow pace. DH joked at "what do you do all day?" Laundry is done and folded in the baskets, but stay there for days! Then I get energy and put them away because I have run out of baskets!
My memory is still fluffy. I was wandering around, looked in my room and seen no clothes on the bed or baskets on there either, and thought WOW I am so good! I am soo caught up! But reliezed it was not true when I almost triped over the basket in the kitchen and then turned and seen the other basket in the doorway of the laundry room!!hehehe! WOW! Now thats blonde!

Chattyknittykat(Kathie): I am in the south Okanagan. Penticton. Where are you?
Unread 04-16-2008, 09:06 PM

I have had the feeling of GOT TO GO NOW! all day. Peeing is there, bm is still hiding. I have rushed to the bathroom about 6 times thinking FINALLY, but only a pffff. I guess a senakot is in order tonight. Blah.
Unread 04-16-2008, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach5573
I had a total abdominal hysterectomy and was told I could drive after 2 weeks...I am driving to the doctor alone tomorrow. It is over an hour one way...I am still feeling like I have a full bladder all the time...

Good luck with that. Be safe and don't feel badly if you need to rest before you get back in the car before heading back home. I was told six weeks due to the fact they want to make sure you are not taking heavy pain meds (I hadn't taking any meds for about a week) and there is a chance of blood clots.

I had to drive at 3 weeks and that was a bit uncomfortable. Have driven off and on since, sometimes uncomfortable, sometimes not. But I never went that far just short trips. Have to, basically on my own . So again, good luck and take "special care".

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register