Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 160 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAETIGGER
.My hip pain isn't crushing,it isnt even in the pelvis really its the hip & top of the left leg /groin. I think after tonight I will try advil pm. My daughter has hip & groin pain after her c section 3 1/2 months now not dailly but she says that works for her.
Do you think your pain is from your legs being in stirups? Sorry your in pain. Wine cures everything!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2008, 02:09 PM

I've been wondering that because mydaughter describes the same pain.It's nothing so bad I cant wait til my apt for but I feel it now even as I sit,,,You know what,... one of my belly incisions is real close to that hip so who knows.I walked today & tried some gentle stretchs might just be post op pain,I dont have any signs of infection so Im more annoyed by it than anthing,...& just a tad afraid because prior to surgury the pain atatcks were unbearable & started with pain at the top of the leg & just radiated around my hip & my left pelvis.My doc noted diverticulitis while she was doing the operation,which also causes left pelvic pain.So I am trying to eat healthy small meals & have lots of fiber.I can tell the hysterectomy has helped I dont have to pee every 5 mins anymore,& I can hold it better to its like my bladder has more room . Did you have both ovaries removed.?
Unread 04-19-2008, 02:21 PM

Hi girls

I am also having an awful day... First, I still have insomnia, even though I got lots of fresh air & walking yesterday, was exhausted all afternoon, comes 11pm and I am unable to sleep.

Woke up with burning pain, spasms, chills, and no energy- which I recognize from previously symptoms is a UTI.

It is a beautiful day here and I cannot even muster the energy to shower. Apparently I won't be making it out to dinner tonight as we usually do on Saturday night.
I just want my old self back- the one who would have jumped out of bed and gone straight to the Greenhouse for some Spring plants and mulch...
** I sympathize with all of you and various pains and aches!!! So frustrating!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2008, 02:31 PM

Hi, girls.....

I went to Target and Office Max today. I did pretty well. I had my mom drive today, I just didn't feel like it. I'm not really have any abdominal pain anymore it's all down below. I'm fine as long as I'm reclined in bed. But sitting up and standing up.....not so good. Those are times when I realize that there is no way I could go back to work in the office part-time OR full-time.

DH is being a real...ummm.....well I'll let you all fill in the blank. Nothing new. I swear he is more hormonal than I am. One day he's TRYING to be all nice and concerned. The next day he is being an (insert word of choice here).

DS(17) is still being unbeleivably AWESOME! I'm so proud of him.

Nothing much else going on. I've got my weekly appointment set for Thursday. So I'm doing a whole lotta nothin'.

Hope everyone is doing pretty well today.

Hysterhugs to all,
Unread 04-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Excited but Nervous!!!

Hi Gals!

Well, I'm able to stay up longer and longer without lying down lately. My walking is helping and I'm feeling stronger. One extra hurdle is the FMS/Lupus that I have to deal with and I forget sometimes that it complicates things a bit. That's cause I'm the type to just ignore the pain/fatigue and go at it anyway. Gotta adjust that attitude!

Anyway, I'm a little nervous about the tript o Italy. From the westcoast it's a 9 hr flt to London, 2hr layover, 2 hr flt to Rome. That's 13 hours without laying down. Actually the 9 hrs cramped up in economy is the scariest part. I was thinking since our flt is at night of taking a sleeping pill and knocking myself out so I can sleep through the discomfort. Not sure how that will work?

Anyway ladies - I don't see the dr before I go and I'm going to have to put in a call to see if I'm cleared for a little fun with dh over there. Can you imagine going to Italy for your 25th wedding anniversary celebration and not having nookie with the one you love?

Ah, well, I'm sure it wouldn't bother me too much, but poor dh is getting really antsy - but being really good about it too. When they're good about it, a little reward is in order, don't you think? Hehehe!

Anyway, gotta have a nap - I'm going out with some of the girls tonight for a get together - dinner at Swiss Chalet - oh, you US gals wouldn't know about Swiss Chalet - best rotisserie chicken you've ever tasted!

ttfn
kathie
Unread 04-19-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAETIGGER
I've been wondering that because mydaughter describes the same pain.It's nothing so bad I cant wait til my apt for but I feel it now even as I sit,,,You know what,... one of my belly incisions is real close to that hip so who knows.I walked today & tried some gentle stretchs might just be post op pain,I dont have any signs of infection so Im more annoyed by it than anthing,...& just a tad afraid because prior to surgury the pain atatcks were unbearable & started with pain at the top of the leg & just radiated around my hip & my left pelvis.My doc noted diverticulitis while she was doing the operation,which also causes left pelvic pain.So I am trying to eat healthy small meals & have lots of fiber.I can tell the hysterectomy has helped I dont have to pee every 5 mins anymore,& I can hold it better to its like my bladder has more room . Did you have both ovaries removed.?
Yes I did. Oh you poor thing all that pain. Hopefully is something like a pulled muscle and will heal soon. Let us know what happens at your Dr appointment.
Unread 04-19-2008, 03:18 PM

Hey Kathie

Those evening flights are perfect for a sleeping pill- you will wake up and be THERE! We flew to Paris on a "red eye" (evening) flight and it was great to wake up, have breakfast served, and get off the plane into a new country.
Have fun at Swiss Chalet- my and the boyfriend will be ordering wrap sandwiches : ( because SOMEBODY is not feeling well today!
Unread 04-19-2008, 06:19 PM

I had busy afternoon I've gone to 3 different Walgreens to try to find a game for my "Period Over Party" next Sat.

Have you guys ever heard of the game "Hotflashes The Menopause Game"? I found it online. I wish I found it earlier because I could have ordered it and had it in time. My tummy is getting sore so I give up for now.
Unread 04-19-2008, 06:42 PM

Well I started the antibotics last night and haven't been feeling real good today. Matter of fact, upset stomach, headache, and all around yucky. I read the side effects of this medication and sure enough yep those are some. I just had some soup and a grilled cheese, going into the bedroom for the evening. Hope tomorrow is better. Hope everyone is good.
Unread 04-20-2008, 05:29 AM

Good morning all !

Sorry to hear some of you are having problems. I hope you are all feeling better soon.

I would love to get stamina back. It seems I do a little and am tired alot. Scar itches and I'm putting the vitamin e oil on 4-5 a day. Wonder how long I have to keep this up?

I pulled weeds yesterday, did laundry, cooked 3 meals, seemed busy all day. Took a 2 hour nap, then pulled more weeds. Me & DH watched American Gangster. Then went to bed around 11:30.

We still haven't caught the big bear. I put some rotten lettuce, blueberries, and bologna in the trap, and thru some off the bank to lure him. Maybe he'll visit tonight and we want have to look over our shoulder every sec when we are outside. It's such a pain having to bring in 7 hummingbird/birdfeeders every night.

Go to work tomorrow 1/2 day then go to the orthopedic dr. for my ankle. Sometimes it just gives out due to legion n the talus-which I know means another surgery, but how long can I wait without doing damage. Hopefuly til fall. I'll be so glad when everything with my body is back to normal.

Hope everyone has a relaxing and wonderful Sunday!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register