Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 161 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-20-2008, 06:25 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Hey Everyone, I have started to go to the gym to walk. I walked a mile yesterday and then it felt like I was sticking a knife up my rectum. I have one more week before I have to go back to work. I am on my feet all of the time so I need to get my stamina back. I am feeling better. I have been reading a series of books called the O'Malley series. It is love stories mixed with mystery and murder. They are very good. I can hardly put them down.

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2008, 10:44 AM

Hi girls,hope evryone is doing good.I am soooo tired from not sleeping much at all the last couple of nights.This sucks yesterday I fought off a nap & took my Grandson on a long stroller walk & went to a wine tsating.You would think I would have slept like a rock but noooooooo,I was awake and energized at 1am,til maybe 3:30-4 am. Today I bought an otc sleeping medicine I have got to nip this before I go back to work.This wasn't happening when I took one percocet at bedtime,& I still have some left just don't think that is the best habit.
Unread 04-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Finally....?

Hey girls,

Could it be true? The pain and discomfort is easing, I'm up for longer periods each day and last night I went out for dinner with the gals and we had a great time. My jeans were a little uncomfortable at the waist - not too much swelly belly when I got home, just a little. Will it last? I hope so, four days till I leave for Italy!

I'm still tired and yet, the energy is coming back slowly. Now, I just have to want to go back to work after my trip. I've really enjoyed being around my kids more and keeping them on track - working FT is really the pitz! At least I'm the boss at work and can set my own "return to work" schedule. The staff miss me and I'm getting some really funny emails from them - it's a sure sign they're needing some vitamin 'K' as some put it.

Anyway, I'm off for my walk while my mom's homecare lady is here.

arrivederci!
kathie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2008, 11:33 AM

I haven't been sleeping so well either. I wake up and I'm wide awake listening to DH & one of my dogs snore. I don't know about you Meatigger but I'm on HRT. I'm not sure if this has something to do with it? I'm going to ask my Dr tomorrow. I can't believe it has been 5 weeks. I'm not in any pain today, yea! But I'm really tired. I can't wait to do normal activities without geting so wore out! Ahhh to be normal again.

I've been doing some today. I went to the seamstress but of course she is closed on Sun. I have to get some pants hemmed for the viewing and lunch on Fri. I found some pants which are 2 sizes to big to accommodate my swelly belly but they are to long. DH said I had to get them hemmed or he wouldn't let me wear them he is afraid I'll trip and get hurt. Knowing my luck I will and we'll be in Denver so I better listen to him...I hate when they are right!
Unread 04-20-2008, 11:39 AM

[quote=chattyknittykat]Hey girls,

Could it be true? The pain and discomfort is easing, I'm up for longer periods each day and last night I went out for dinner with the gals and we had a great time. My jeans were a little uncomfortable at the waist - not too much swelly belly when I got home, just a little. Will it last? I hope so, four days till I leave for Italy!/QUOTE]

Four days yea! You've got to be excited for this once in a life time trip! How long will you be there? You'll have to let us know how it went. Sounds like your getting your energy back. I would rest in between your sight seeing and you'll do great. Have fun sister
Unread 04-20-2008, 01:15 PM

Hi I had the same problem with sleeping had my surgery on March 13th slept like a baby for 3 weeks whil I was taking the meds only at night when I stoped the meds I stopped sleeping I called my Dr that did my surgery he told me to call my family dr she recomended Melatonin which is working pretty good and it's all natural!
Unread 04-20-2008, 01:28 PM

Afternoon ladies! Very dreary today, but the last few days we've had wonderful warm, sunny weather. DH and I had 8 yds. of topsoil delivered on Friday. We filled in some spots in the yard and made some flowerbeds around the deck. We're putting in a pond also. My body ached a little but feeling much better getting back to myself. Still having some night sweats occasionally. Had something strange happen last night. I felt and itching and burning sensation down below sort of like I was getting a yeast infection. When I wiped I got some pink tinge. I haven't had ANY post-op bleeding. I took some acidophilus yesterday just in case of yeast. Today I feel fine and no spotting. I still have my cervix though. I have a docs appt. this week.

I go back to work next Sat. UGH!! I'm not looking forward to it at all. I feel fine, but I just used to being home. Hopefully I remember all my passwords for the computer, etc. LOL!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Unread 04-20-2008, 01:48 PM

michelle, I wrote my passwrds down before I left. I go back thurs.while I will miss being home it will be good to get back into the routine.
Unread 04-20-2008, 01:56 PM

Shelly I'm not on hrt I have one ovary at my two wk follow up everything was fine but I quit night time pain pill week 4 & only took one at night if I was sore.& Dont sleep well at all.I fall asleep but I wake up & can't go back to sleep for a couple/few hrs.I havent allowed myself a nap cause I figure that will make it worse. My best friend had a hyser a few yrs ago & kept one ovary she takes ambien.My sister had natural menapause & said insomina for the first time in her life came with it & changed her life she takes unisom & has all these rituals. So its either the surgury or the hormones.I will check out the melatonin,wine did nothing for me I went to a wine tasting & tasted plent but was still awakened ready to stay awake
Unread 04-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Off Topic Question for my girls.....

I'm 43. Do you think I'm too old to start Nursing School? Just curious.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register