Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 168 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumblebee
Ladies

I think I am having phantom ovary syndrome.

I keep getting these tweaks and feelings like I am starting my period. Then I giggle to myself.

What up with that.

LOL
I don't know where it is coming from but I have the same thing.

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2008, 12:19 PM

I also have sharp pains-
Yesterday, my Gyn explained that the left-sided pain I was having (sharp, shooting pains) is due to the abundance of nerves in that area, and some of them may be encased in adhesions/scar tissue. Ouch.
Unread 04-22-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaCat
I also have sharp pains-
Yesterday, my Gyn explained that the left-sided pain I was having (sharp, shooting pains) is due to the abundance of nerves in that area, and some of them may be encased in adhesions/scar tissue. Ouch.
Great. One more thing to worry about.

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2008, 12:31 PM

I found out that full bladder feeling 24/7 was another UTI. This is the 2nd one since my surgery...The first antibiotic did nothing. I hope this one works...
Unread 04-22-2008, 01:32 PM

Afternoon ladies. I finally did go to bed around 3 am after taking some Melatonin. I should've taken it earlier. After I took the older two to school and did a few things around the house I took a nap while my lil one watched a movie. It was great! Then I got up, ate lunch, mowed the lawn, and watered the grass I planted. Still need to finish the flower bed, but I'm tired now. I took a nice shower.....so refreshing.

I'm having hamburgers on the grill, corn on the cob, fruit, etc for dinner tonight. Mmmmm love BBQ weather.

I feel like a hormonal teenager. My face is breaking out all over the place. Feeling like I have a yeast infection too. UGH!! It has to be the hormones.
Unread 04-22-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumblebee
Ladies

I think I am having phantom ovary syndrome.

I keep getting these tweaks and feelings like I am starting my period. Then I giggle to myself.

What up with that.

LOL

That is strange I was telling my DH last night I felt like my left ovary was hurting. My left ovary was worse than my right. Then I laughed and said there is nothing there!

Did I tell you the joke my Dr said yesterday...or at least his attempt at one...when he was doing my exam he said call the police your missing stuff. I chuckled and thought to myself no they can keep that stuff it caused me nothing but pain and misery!
Unread 04-22-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach5573
I found out that full bladder feeling 24/7 was another UTI. This is the 2nd one since my surgery...The first antibiotic did nothing. I hope this one works...

Hey me too. I still have my bladder infection. What happens if our second dose doesn't take care of it?
Unread 04-22-2008, 03:40 PM

I still have my UTI too and on my 3rd antibiotic. I am now on Cipro. Anyone else on that? It seems to have helped the urges and burning. If I keep getting them they have to go in and see if the sling is rubbing again my urethra irritating it but I think the cipro is helping.

I went back to work this week part time. I have lot 12 pounds and I guess it is really noticable because everyone is commenting on how great I look. I guess I looked like crap before. I am feeling better every day except for the peeing issues. I go back again on Friday and then again next week for another urine culture. I am so sick of the peeing problems...

Robyn
Unread 04-22-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynmark
I still have my UTI too and on my 3rd antibiotic. I am now on Cipro. Anyone else on that?
Robyn
I'm on metronidazole this time. I can't remember the name of the last one.
Unread 04-22-2008, 06:30 PM

Ladies Ladies Ladies!

I've missed yall! I'll try to catch up!

First of all working half a day is the best. I wish I could do that from now on, but will be back full time on Monday! Blah! Everyone at work has been great and I really felt missed. I'm still trying to catch up on everything. 9We cannot use internet at work so all these posts are from home). Its hard to get back in the swing of things.

The only trouble I'm having is the tiredness and still bladder pressure, when I have to go, I have to go. If I hold it theres pain. Bending over to get in file cabinets is not fun so I squat, but legs are weak. If you are having a hard time right now, this might make you feel better. I ran into an old friend at the grocery store that had a tah last year. She had a teriible time. She began pooping thru her vagina and had to wear a bag for a long time. It took her 8 months to recover. Isn't that awful! We must count our blessings!

I went to my orthopedic dr yesterday re: left ankle. ( I had surgery last May and and had to keep it elevated above my head for 2 weeks, then no weight bearing for 6 wks total). I was told in January that I would have to have surgery again soon by the PA. I did everything I was told, wore a boot, iced and elevated it. The reason I went back now was it started hurting again when I got up and moving after this surgery. It simply takes my breath away and I feel like I'm about to fall. My ? was will I do damage if I don't have the surgery now because I really need to wait til fall or winter so I'll have some sick time built up and not have to take leave without pay. (I WILL NOT use my vacation time. I could not work there if I knew that I could not take off to go camping or whatever). This dr is very businesslike and has that dry since of humor. I told him if he could have came to the castle when i had my hysterectomy and fixed it while I was put to sleep that would have been great. He started laughing and could not stop. LOL Anyway, He said we'll take another x-ray and see if the legion in the talus bone has got worse. I prayed so hard. I said, "Lord you know I can't deal with any more illness and recovery right now, let alone less $ coming in. My patience has worn thin. Please let this x-ray say that I don't have to have surgery right away". Guess what?- my prayer was answered! He said let's try a cortisone shot and it might help for 2-3 months. I said go for it. Yee hah! I can't get on my treadmill, but I can ride the exercise bike, swim, and work out bungee cords. We like to ride bikes when we go camping, and I'm so ready to go camping!

I finally got to play with grandaughter today. They flew to Arkansas for a long weekend with friends. We kept the grandpuppy (Jack Russell) while they were gone. I worked in the flower beds but paced myself.

We still haven't caught the bear but I threw cantaloupe rinds, opened a can of tuna, and threw an empty jar of jelly into the bear trap so maybe he'll come tonight. Its's such a pain having to bring in all the bird feeders every night, plus the humming bird feeders are inside the fence and it would be awful for him to tear it down to get to them. I also have lattice attached that has clematis and climbing hydrangea intertwined through out.

As for getting back to you know what... it is wonderful and better than ever -(been married 30 yrs). 1st time was scary, (4 wks post-op) took it slow, but after that everything has been great!

Have washed and pressed white pants, when swelly belly and itchy scar is better, I'll jump in 'em! and maybe I'll just wear them for a week just cause I can! Ha!

Happy healing Hystersisters and hope you have a wonderful evening! Gotta go watch American Idol and Big Brother! Will check in again soon to see how everyone is doing.
Love, D

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register