Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 172 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready4reliefnTN
Ladies Ladies Ladies!

I've missed yall! I'll try to catch up!

First of all working half a day is the best. I wish I could do that from now on, but will be back full time on Monday! Blah!

The only trouble I'm having is the tiredness and still bladder ... We must count our blessings.

D,

Glad to read you don't have to go thru another operation so soon. I can totally empathize with your feelings as I had a hiatal hernia operation in Nov. I bent over a few weeks ago and feel as tho now I have another one. I am scared. And feel the same as you in that regards. Cortisone seems to be one of those wonder drugs. So, good luck with that.

Glad to read that all is well in the boudoir. One of my concerns.

And be careful with that bear. Have you gotten a look at him/her (did I miss that post?) And what will you do with it when you catch it ?

I could see going back to half a day of work...maybe. My job is pretty physical. I know we are all individuals. Am just wondering if you felt as tho you had to go home to a nap after work ? and not just you but all of the other ladies on here who have gone back to work ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2008, 04:03 AM

Booklvr - When I started back to work, I worked half-days for the first week and one half, and then 6 hours a day for the next week because I still needed an afternoon nap. I am now 5 weeks out, working a full day and no longer need a nap. I hae a desk job, though, so it is not physical, but it is stressful.

At my 2 week post op, I asked the doctor about the need for naps, since i was already thinking about returning to work. He said that our bodies go into "overdrive" in response to surgery and that in another week, I would not need to nap as much. It took more like 2 weeks, but it did go out.
Unread 04-23-2008, 04:29 AM

Booklvr,

I too have a hiatal hernia, its went from small to medium and dr says when it gets to large he will do surgery. I had it checked in January because I felt like it had got larger- what had gotten larger was my uterus -that was bigger than my head. I know since you had surgery in November, you have had to practice lots of patience, bless your heart.

Yes, I have to come home and lay down after working half days. When I go back fulltime, I'm sure I will also. If I can't make it I'll asked for an extended lunch break as I only live 5 minutes from work.

As for the bear, we did not set the trap. Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency did. (They brought it and put it in our front yard 3 wks ago-also placed it there 3 times last year).He is huge and I really don't think he will fit in the trap, but if he does they will relocate him. They baited it with sardines, donuts, etc. I have put out various items and something eats them, ( a raccoon, possum, etc). But there is a can of sardines hanging in the top, if he pulls that can down, the door goes down and bangs. Last year one did that but backed out so fast that he wasn't trapped. My DH watched it happen and said he's never seen a bear move that fast. They are so smart. My mother lives in the middle of downtown and has had bears all winter. In the summer momas & cubs play on her back porch. She works in flower beds all the time and she has had one walk right by her. She has a wrought iron fence but that doesn't stop them. They are so quiet to be so big. I guess its one of the disadvantages to living next to a National Park. She used to have birdfeeders eveywhere-not anymore just one birdfeeder and one hummingbird feeder on her porches. We have 8 that we have to bring inside every night and outta sight. When our son was playing football in college in 2001 we ordered him a case of gatorade and left it on the picnic table. The bear not only drank it all but also a bottle of my suntan oil and all the sunflower seeds he could find. He left a huge present in the front yard. (Suntan oil must have worked as a laxative). Anyway, I hope we catch him soon.

Welcome Jesus Crew to the best recovery aide ever. These gals are wonderful and oh so strong!

Everyone take it easy as best you can. Rest, Rest, Rest! Have a wonderful day!

Love, D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2008, 05:22 AM

Welcome JesusCrew
My boss called me yesterday wanting to know when I was coming back to work. I asked him if I might come back half days at first and he said no. I don't think my energy level is high enough yet for full days. I am on my feet all the time, pushing wheelchairs, picking up trays etc.

I see the doctor on Thurs and I will see what she says.

Pam
Unread 04-23-2008, 06:45 AM

Morning girls
Welcome JesusCrew
Tigger, you always make me laugh
Denise, went I went to my checkup, I studied a big poster in the exam room, which showed in detail all of the various muscles that support and surround the "starfish" and perineum area- I think I have a better understanding of what repairs you had done.
All I can say is OUCH!

I had dinner dnner out with BF last night, and had 1 too many Banana Rum shots, so I am a hangover kitty this morning.

I plan on taking it easy today, supervising my son & his friend who will be doing yard clean-up for me. (I will pay them & feed em pizza)
It is killing me that I cannot go out there and rake out my flower garden.

I need to study today, have a lecture and make-up quiz tonight (the witch professor is allowing me to make up a quiz after I wrote to the Dean of the school... why is it that often its women who are the least empathetic with this surgery????)

p.s. bedroom stuff goes very well here, nervous at first but took it slow the first few times, now all is back to normal- we have always used a lubricant because I find it more comfortable, and I highly recommend Jo H2O.
It is so nice to have that intimacy again with my sweet man.

Hope everybody has a great day- TC
Unread 04-23-2008, 07:25 AM

TunaCat

Where do you find Jo H20?
Unread 04-23-2008, 07:53 AM

[quote=Ready4reliefnTN He left a huge present in the front yard. (Suntan oil must have worked as a laxative). Anyway, I hope we catch him soon. [/QUOTE]

Here I've been worried about cleaning up after my 200 lb. dog and you had to clean up after a bear! LOL Wow, some people have it worst than you I'll stop complaining when I have dog duty.
Unread 04-23-2008, 07:56 AM

Good morning gang.I have a busy day ahead.We are going to the westside market,then doing wic shopping for our young mom friends who dont drive then taking a young mom & her interpreter to the dr.Then helping a young lady start her car insurance,then I gotta catch a little time with my daughter & grandson,............& I got back to work tomorrow & I have anxiety like a little kid who doesn't wanna go to scholl on Monday,& I feel like I have pms like I could cry real easy & I drive an hr each way to work so Im scared I just hope I make it & flow back into the routine! I dont want panic attacks,I havent had them for two yrs......see what I mean Im fearing panic attacks,I have a desk job the worse part of my job is the drive there & back,& my phone has a headset so my boyfriend sweet talks me so Im not lonely he even drove me there & back when I got anxiety two yrs ago,he is so sweet.Ok I just made myself feel better! Thanks girls!
Unread 04-23-2008, 08:01 AM

I remember last spring I was on break at work talking to a lady who had a total lap hyster & had a stent in a ureter due to a nick she was tired but back to work.I talked to her before I left & she is all spunky & well she had her ovaries removed,she said she takes hormones & lexapro & has been great no hotflashes.She had anxiety to thats why the lexapro. I hope after the menapause whenever that is maybe the anxiety will go away.Its real controled with the medicine.But I have been home to long!
Unread 04-23-2008, 08:08 AM

I'm alittle tired today. I had a hard time falling asleep but sleep good once I was out. DH and I laid in bed holding hands and talked for a couple of hours last night. It felt good to have that connection again. We still haven't tested the waters yet, not even dipping a toe in. But I think DH is right I'm not ready and I don't want to get hurt. I think these infections I've been getting have set me back some. Hopefully the antibiotics will work this time!

I have alot to do today. I have to finish cleaning and go grocery shopping. I have only today and tomorrow to get ready for my party on Sat. I still have to make tampon candies. My friend had a cute idea of getting candy in white wrappers and taping a string to the end. Friday I'll be in Denver all day for the first part of the funeral. It is Friday and Monday. I'll have 2 emotional days vs. one long day...sad I wish it were just one day.

I hope everyone is feeling good today! I'll check in through out the day. Take care sisters

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register