Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 173 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAETIGGER
I got back to work tomorrow & I have anxiety like a little kid who doesn't wanna go to scholl on Monday,& I feel like I have pms like I could cry real easy & I drive an hr each way to work so Im scared I just hope I make it & flow back into the routine! I dont want panic attacks,I havent had them for two yrs......see what I mean Im fearing panic attacks,I have a desk job the worse part of my job is the drive there & back,& my phone has a headset so my boyfriend sweet talks me so Im not lonely he even drove me there & back when I got anxiety two yrs ago,he is so sweet.Ok I just made myself feel better! Thanks girls!

Aww I'm sorry you have anxiety about going back to work. At least your BF can talk to you while your driving to set your mind at ease. I bet once you get there and see your friends you'll feel good. I'm glad that you have a desk job so you can sit. I feel so bad for the ladies who have physical jobs. My best to everyone returning to work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2008, 08:46 AM

You guys are terrific

I am back at work today

Man is it hard - there is so much going on and losts of back log - reading the posts keeps me sane.

Thanks
Unread 04-23-2008, 08:58 AM

Hi, all....

Everyone seems to be doing so well and doing so much. I really feel like a cry-baby now!

I'm just waiting for that day that I can post and say, "I'm all better now". Sadly, I think I'm awhile away from that.

It still seems like everyday has some degree of pain in it. I have no complaints of the hysterectomy. As far as that goes, I think I am "all better now." It's this darn sphincteroplasty incision that was left open to heal. I know my doc warned me of a very long and difficult recovery just based on the fact of where the wound is. I'm worried about infection, which can just make the process longer. I keep it as clean as I possibly can but just because of the location contamination is bound to occur.

Tomorrow is the longest I've gone between doctor's visits....10 days. So, I'm very anxious as what she has to say, especially since I have felt the best the last few days.

I'm sorry to come on here and whine.....but it's hard to think of positive things to say when I'm still so miserable physically and emotionally. I can only imagine where I'd be emotionally right now if it wasn't for the Premarin and the Paxil.

Anyhow......I'm glad you all are doing well, really I am. It just sucks to be the last one to heal and get on with normal life.

::::::sigh:::::::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2008, 10:33 AM

Denise
We all are still healing. I wouldn't be so quick to want to get back to a normal life. It seems like no one gives you a break. They seem to think that because your wearing normal clothes you can be superwomen again. I've noticed that I get exhausted quickly now. You’re what is keeping this post alive. Please don't be so hard on yourself. I'm glad that you got everything taken care of now because it gave me an opportunity to get to know you. If you think you are healed from your hyster then you wouldn't be on here posting so much and I would be alone. I seem to be posting quite a bit.

I’m exhausted and I’ve only done half of what I planned on doing today. I’ve cleaned my bathrooms and folder a load of laundry. I feel so lazy getting tired so quickly. I can’t believe ladies are working a full day and not being a crybaby like me. I must be a whimp! Off to rest now in hopes of being able to finish cleaning or going to the store.
Unread 04-23-2008, 10:41 AM

Hello all!

I worked out again....yeah for me! I was supposed to go to lunch with a friend, but she cancelled. Guess I will go get lunch on my own and return something at the mall. The weather is beautiful today.

Thinking about buying a business. I'll let you know more when I know more. It would allow me to stay home and not invest a fortune in daycare. Keep your fingers crossed.
Unread 04-23-2008, 11:12 AM

Hi all,

Welcome Jesuscrew, what do they say - better late than never? I don't post as regularly as I would like myself, but try to read every day. You will find great solace from following what is shared here - this group of women has been just wonderful about being candid and clear about their daily status. I have felt lots of support in knowing that we are all on similar pages, despite our different issues. Wonderful that your husband cared enough and found HysterSisters for you. Hope you continue to heal well.

I am happy to say that I have felt more myself over the past week. Am driving again - as of week 5 - and that has made a big difference. I am "aware" of my incision at times, but mostly I don't think about it much. The one thing that continues to persist is utter exhaustion that comes on suddenly, but usually in the evening. Then I turn into a pumpkin no matter where we happen to be.

For those of you continuing to be plagued by the awful insomnia monster - if you haven't tried melatonin yet - go for it. I am now a believer.

Hope you all have a good day and enjoy the springtime weather that most of you seem to be having.
Unread 04-23-2008, 11:32 AM

Pam, I get the JO h2O lubricant at my local pharmacy. I have tried all kinds of other stuff, but this is my favorite- it is not sticky or smelly, and I acnnot use the stuff that has 'warming" to it, becaise it seems to give me UTI's.
I won't do the deed without the stuff!

Tigger, I also have anxiety about returning to work, largely because I hate it there!

Denise, you have come such a long way, just hang in there ; )
Unread 04-23-2008, 12:39 PM

Ladies, I have tried estroven for my Hot flashes, night sweats, moods, plus I now have itching and dryness. I just broke down and called my Gyn, when I saw her on monday she said she was willing to try any kind of HRT. I kept my ovaries why is this happening? What should I ask for? My moods are all over the place.

I am sorry I had to smile at the Bear Poo. We have 2 ferrets and their litter box gets me somtime but dosnt compare to Bear Poo

The starfish is a great name for "that" area
My husband calls a vagina a Molly ( his grandmother called it that) So our Daughter Kaitlyn Freaked out the first time she met a girl named Molly!
Unread 04-23-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GritS~Liz
Ladies, I have tried estroven for my Hot flashes, night sweats, moods, plus I now have itching and dryness. I just broke down and called my Gyn, when I saw her on monday she said she was willing to try any kind of HRT. I kept my ovaries why is this happening? What should I ask for? My moods are all over the place.

I am sorry I had to smile at the Bear Poo. We have 2 ferrets and their litter box gets me somtime but dosnt compare to Bear Poo

The starfish is a great name for "that" area
My husband calls a vagina a Molly ( his grandmother called it that) So our Daughter Kaitlyn Freaked out the first time she met a girl named Molly!
I kept my ovaries, too....She started me on Premarin .03 mg. about three weeks ago. It didn't do too much. She upped the dosage to .625 mg. She also upped my Paxil to the max of 50 mg. It helps but it I still get pretty down in the dumps sometime. However, that could have a lot to do with basically being in bed for six weeks and counting......

Good luck......it's bad enough to physically feel bad but when you are an emotional wreck....it's even harder.

Hugs,
Unread 04-23-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GritS~Liz
[color=Indigo][font=Comic Sans MS]Ladies, I have tried estroven for my Hot flashes, night sweats, moods, plus I now have itching and dryness. I just broke down and called my Gyn, when I saw her on monday she said she was willing to try any kind of HRT. I kept my ovaries why is this happening? What should I ask for? My moods are all over the place.
I'm sorry you’re having problems. I've been on 3 different kinds of HRT. My Dr has been great on listening to my side effects and tries something different. Right now I'm on Permian (hope I spelled it right) 1.25 daily. The only thing I don't like is it is derived from horse urine. But I figure I put alot of bad things in my body like fast food & soda so why not. This seems to be working best for me. Hope you find something that works great for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register