Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 188 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach5573
Jumblebee,,,I am still having frequency and pressure too. I asked my doctor at my visit last week if my bladder had fallen. He said no, but I too have incontinence when I sneeze or vomit. I am assuming if he thought I needed my bladder repaired, he would have done it...I guess from reading your girls posts, that they can tell on a pelvic exam. I was on antibiotics in the hospital and when I came home because of previous wound infections after surgeries. I feel like I am living on antibiotics and I know that is not good.
Before my hysto I told my doc about my stress incontinance and that things didn't feel right/bulgy went I would be on the porcelain throne. She felt and said she didn't think I had any fallen bladder but sent me to the Uro/Gyn in her practice (not my docs specialty) and I had a 2nd grade cycstocele (good old bulge with pelvic pressure) Fortuanatly I did this before and got a sling at the same time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
Give me a ticket too but I think I need one for emotional town. My vagina hurts! I can't believe I wanted to have sex Monday. I'm definetly not ready. I wish I was healing fast like some of you ladies. I'm crying becuase I had to ask DH to vacuum & mop for me. What the heck I shouldn't feel bad, right? It is his house too!
My vagina hurt all of yesterday too and my bladder is well. I have to pee right away or this massive sensation of pain just over whelms my body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
NO, you should not feel bad. The cranky-train has a crying car, too......it even has really soft, cushy seats for those of us with achey, breaky va-jay-jays. So come on along.......
Ding....ding......climb aboard!
Sign me up for the crying car… I feel like I am my own train wreck about to happen. :sad: Yesterday was such a terrible day for me. I wanted to cancel the ultrasound that I have scheduled in a few hours. I felt at one point that I lost touch of my feminism. Has that happened to any of you? I wanted to buy pink/red clothes to somehow comfort myself
Unread 04-25-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoler76
Hi ladies, I have been trying to keep myself busy this last week and haven't been here too much. Took me a while to catch up!

I had my final checkup yesterday and both surgeons were really happy, I am happy...we're all happy. I still have some healing going on but no more stitches left in the cuff. Bladder sling is good too but she did feel one tiny bump from the mesh she said to keep an eye on. Got my okay to go back to work on Monday. Cleared for everything as I can tolerate it. Annual paps due to CIS and I need 3 clear Paps in 10 years.

This week has been so much better and feel so good, a little achy here and there but she said I should feel pretty much my good old self by 12 weeks.

DH asked if friskiness was an option last night....UGH!!! I hurt from my doc visit...I think NOT!

Toodeloo...going to get a hair cut!
Hey, there! I'm glad your visit went well. I had my visit yesterday to. I have a while to go in the healing process but I'm allowed to do anything as long as it doesn't hurt. Unfortunately, I ususally don't know it's gonna hurt until later that night or the next day. Oh, well. I did a lot yesterday so I'm taking it easy today.

Good luck with returning to work and enjoy your haircut!!!!!

HysterHugs,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusCrew

I felt at one point that I lost touch of my feminism. Has that happened to any of you? I wanted to buy pink/red clothes to somehow comfort myself
JesusCrew you do what you need to do - but from what I har it will get better. Hang in there -
Unread 04-25-2008, 11:17 AM

Finished 1st week back to work and now am ready to quit. Things got easier as the week went on, but I am very tired on this Friday. I can't imagine how working 40 hrs. will make me feel. I have one more week of 1/2 days.

I think......no, I know .....I'm ready for a career change. I want to work from home, since I am such a homebody and work very well independently. Any suggestions??????
Unread 04-25-2008, 11:19 AM

Denise if you can only do what doesn't hurt - I think we'd better pitch in for a caterer, personal butler, private nurse, goffer and might as well throw in a make up artist and hair stylist and not to forget bartender.

No longer will you be princess you will be QUEEN
Unread 04-25-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmalibu
I think......no, I know .....I'm ready for a career change. I want to work from home, since I am such a homebody and work very well independently. Any suggestions??????
Do you read the Victoria Bliss magazine? Well on their website search the forums - there are alot of women entrepreneur's there and helpful website resources for women.

I still am looking for a wing cutter at my plant if your interested. I provide rubber boots and overcoat?
Unread 04-25-2008, 11:32 AM

I prefer my wings deep fried, none of this raw stuff..... Boots I could handle, but no coats. Don't need one in AR......at least not very often!! If I cut wings all day, I don't think I could eat 'em. Thanks anyway. Besides I'd have to move
Unread 04-25-2008, 11:38 AM

Boy, I did not get a email saying there were more posts from yesterday so it took me 30 minutes to catch up.

I hurt some from the cauterization yesterday but not to bad. I am glad I don't have to go back to work on Monday. I will be able to wait one more week.

Pam
Unread 04-25-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumblebee
Denise if you can only do what doesn't hurt - I think we'd better pitch in for a caterer, personal butler, private nurse, goffer and might as well throw in a make up artist and hair stylist and not to forget bartender.

No longer will you be princess you will be QUEEN
I know.....today it hurts just to walk, in fact it hurts right now and all I'm doing is reclining in bed, watching All My Children, and typing. It's not bad enough to take anything but it definitely reminds me I am still recovering.

I'm just wondering how long 'til I'm pain free. It's taken six weeks to close up the wound about 1/3......if I have another 2/3 to go with no complications I figure I'll be back to "normal" in another 3-4 months!!!! Ugh!!!!! 3-4 months......are you kidding me.

I emailed my doc yesterday with a list of activities, asking her what I can do and not do. Her generic answer was if it hurts.....don't do it. Well, sometimes it doesn't hurt until later in the day or the next day. By then it's too late. It's so hard to know what I should and shouldn't do. It hurts to walk to my kitchen.....she can't possibly expect me to still be on bedrest.

Oh, well, I'm on self-imposed bed rest today simply because of what I did yesterday. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register