Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 189 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdwhoney
Boy, I did not get a email saying there were more posts from yesterday so it took me 30 minutes to catch up.

I hurt some from the cauterization yesterday but not to bad. I am glad I don't have to go back to work on Monday. I will be able to wait one more week.

Pam
Yes, we were quite chatty and silly last night. We had a Margaritta and Banana Rum w/ fiber party lastnight on the cranky train. I don't know about everyone else but I must be feeling the affects of a long night.....I can't even get out of bed today. LOL But my spirits are better!

Sorry you had to be cauterized. It can be quite uncomfortable.

Yeah, another week to be here with me! My doc hasn't even brought up the subject of me going back. I've asked her several times about returning part-time from home. She said that would be fine but she has to fill out a form for me to turn into my HR dept. I think she's stalling. She's going to be out of the office next week so I don't go back for two weeks this time. She said she'll give it to me then. So in other words....two more weeks on my back bored out of my mind. I'm in no rush to go back in the office but I'd like to at least get through some emails and submit some of my reports. Right now my boss is covering for me.....he's been very patient but I know his workload and doing my work on top of his is stressful....plus I don't want him to mess anything up! LOL He's being doing my job for two months now. Who knows what I'm going to come back to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2008, 01:51 PM

Denise, I will be here for at least one more week. My boss is NOT happy about me not coming back monday. You think he would understand because I work in a hospital. I still have a 5 pound weight restriction so there is no way I can do my job.

Pam
Unread 04-25-2008, 02:35 PM

Pam, I work in a horrible environment, so i understand. Today I was offered an interview for a Federal Gov't position... it is not what I had wanted, but I might take it just to get my foot in the door, and to get out of the hostile workplace I am currently in (where it's okay for senior attorneys to scream and to THROW books at asscoiates- NO LIE!)
Lawyers get a bad rap- for a reason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2008, 02:55 PM

Hi Everyone,
I had to go into work this morning due to a State Inspection in process and they needed some info from my area. I don't have an assistant (yet) so it was up to me to go in a fax this info. to them. My boss was extremely grateful which made it that much easier to do. After that, went to the grocery store I haven't been in over 2 weeks so I did some damage, I have started clipping coupons (I guess out of bordom) but also because the cost of food these days is terrible. I thank goodness it is only the 2 of us, it would be crazy if the boys were still here.
Just resting and waiting for the younger son (20) to come over for a visit. Check back later.
Unread 04-25-2008, 03:09 PM

Just got back from my trans/vag ultrasound. Tech was speculating that I might have endo. The pics also look like I have blood around my remaining girl. Is that possible? Have anyone of you heard of that or had that?
Unread 04-25-2008, 03:34 PM

Hi Girls Im at work,I was on that cranky train this morning,just tired & side achin.
I can post from work yee ha,It took me this long to get my brain in gear cause I had to do actual work today & couldn't remember how,But my coworker helped me all morning & I'm feelin back on track.This morning when I got started & couldnt remember anything I fealt like my brain was in a cart & I was trying to push it,multi taskin wasn't happenin this morning.
I am better now!
Unread 04-25-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Denise, I will be here for at least one more week. My boss is NOT happy about me not coming back monday. You think he would understand because I work in a hospital. I still have a 5 pound weight restriction so there is no way I can do my job.

Pam
Well, by law you can take up to 12 weeks and there isn't much they can do about it. So, let him be mad. Would he rather have you come back and hurt yourself and be out for another 6-8 weeks. You need to take care of you!
Unread 04-25-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Well, by law you can take up to 12 weeks and there isn't much they can do about it. So, let him be mad. Would he rather have you come back and hurt yourself and be out for another 6-8 weeks. You need to take care of you!
Thanks Denise, I went to human resources today to file an extension for my original leave. They asked me if I had spoken to my boss and I said yes and I was trying to find people to cover for me for another week. She stated "you don't get paid for that...It is his job to find people. Oh well.

Pam
Unread 04-25-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusCrew
Just got back from my trans/vag ultrasound. Tech was speculating that I might have endo. The pics also look like I have blood around my remaining girl. Is that possible? Have anyone of you heard of that or had that?
Jesus Crew I had blood around my ovary on one of my ultrasounds years ago but it was from a ruptured cyst. I don't know what the surgery could have done but it sounds reasonable that their might be blood from that. I would want to know what my doctor thinks.

Pam
Unread 04-25-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Thanks Denise, I went to human resources today to file an extension for my original leave. They asked me if I had spoken to my boss and I said yes and I was trying to find people to cover for me for another week. She stated "you don't get paid for that...It is his job to find people. Oh well.

Pam
Good for you! I'm supposed to be going back on Monday but my doc hasn't released me yet and she won't until this stupid wound closes up. I'm trying to go back and work from home but my doc has to fill out this form, then it has to go to my HR dept (it's a large HMO) and be "reviewed", then if everyone agrees, I can start back part-time from home. The way my company is.....it will easily be a couple of weeks to go through all the red tape. Fine by me....I'm still getting disability until my doc releases me. She isn't planning on releasing me 100% for several weeks. It's my request to work from home now. My boss doesn't care when or where I work. But you have to go through this huge process. Sometimes it's not worth it. I'm just bored! Six weeks of 80% bedrest is getting to me.....and I have several weeks to go. I feel so useless!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register