Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 215 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 05-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusCrew
I am okay right now, but had a terrible day. Didn't do too much but man was I in pain. Went to the bank and had a naked juice along the way. Cue to stabby throbbing pain for 10-20 seconds around noon time. Took some norco. About an hour later on the way home from Target, same pain started again but lasted a lot longer. An hour after that while sitting at the computer the third episode happened and it lasted for a minute or so. Took a tramadol. Haven't had pain since. But now I have a large bump to the left of my belly button.

I bet you'll be happy once it is all done. I feel so bad for you going through all that pain. Maybe you need to lay down and rest? I'll pray for you tonight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2008, 08:23 PM

Tunacat - Congrats on your JD! You should be walkin’ proudly
Kenya very cool ! The bump near the bellybutton doesn’t sound too cool.

Shelly and Tunacat - Gosh, what a pain and a hassle the recovery procedure can be.
Hopefully the Docs can figure out the problems sooner and you can continue to be your healthy energetic selves.

Denise- ah to be bored. I can’t say I have done that at all this time, which is abnormal for me to be at home any length of time and not be . Not this time.. I long to stay just a bit longer and a bit longer and I think you get the pic. I am sure eventually I would get bored… maybe. You are the queen of healing tho. We should all have your patience.

CarmelHoney - Life is busier then we know and before we know it … Dang 8 weeks ! Seemed like yesterday that I was telling those at work that I couldn’t come back for 2 more weeks, that was at 6. I am so not ready to return to work, not so much because I don’t feel up to it. But because I am enjoying staying at home and relaxing and enjoying rest and peace. My life can be so hectic and crazy. And I am trying to savor every last moment of this ! Shoot just the thought of returning makes me feel tired and I am sure I will be dragging my butt at the end of the week. Good luck on your job search. So many of us are trying to make that move. Wishing us all positive thoughts in making the moves that are right for us. Yes indeedy, continue to share. It helps to read others input and concerns and to voice your own and to know that there are some great women who are supporting one another through a tough time.

Michelle - Good luck on your interviews. I hope that they all want you and you get to make the choice.

PBNativ - You sure are going thru lots of physical demands and buying a house too ! Whew !

Debbie- OK You get the healthy eater of the week award. That snack sounds very appetizing!

Was told today that I am lacking Vitamin D now. This comes as no surprise as hormones effect lots (funny never gave them too much thought before). Dr said probably the cause of lower back aches, along with uncomfortable hip and pelvic soreness. So, now it will be the art of trying to balance the intake.

Got a great workout today. Jury duty had to walk 1/2 mi uphill to the courthouse then climb three flights of stairs. Thought of you Tunacat... in the halls of justice. The tougher part was going down those stairs.
Unread 05-06-2008, 09:03 PM

Hi girls
well, I start back at my hellish job tomorrow. I wish I could take you all with me to ptotect me from stupid comments and obnoxious co-workers!
I will write to give you guys the dirty laundry ; )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2008, 09:30 PM

Tuna its bedtime for working girls! ON THE FIRST WEEK BACK TO WORK I TOOK A SLEEP AID & WENT TO BED AT 10:30 PM! By the end of week one I didn't take the sleep aid & have slept everynight just fine.
Unread 05-06-2008, 09:37 PM

I'm off tomorrow & I'm goin to bed in a minute. The trying to return to the old schedule is wierd cause physically I feel fine but I get so sleepy by 4pm & its all downhill from there.I do prefer it to insomnia though! & Just a tip inspite of all of you're brain activity while off you will feel like an idiot who has possibly forgotten what you did do at work before the surgury,but by day two it comes back to you. Thankgod! I was internally wondering what I was going to do but the brain does that bicycle riding thing & kicks in.
Unread 05-06-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAETIGGER
I'm off tomorrow & I'm goin to bed in a minute. The trying to return to the old schedule is wierd cause physically I feel fine but I get so sleepy by 4pm & its all downhill from there.I do prefer it to insomnia though! & Just a tip inspite of all of you're brain activity while off you will feel like an idiot who has possibly forgotten what you did do at work before the surgury,but by day two it comes back to you. Thankgod! I was internally wondering what I was going to do but the brain does that bicycle riding thing & kicks in.

Good to know. That could be scarey
Unread 05-06-2008, 10:08 PM

It is time to go to bed soon and I am so edgy I can't stand it. The DH is also having a hard time dealing with me too. I don't know if it is the stress of buying the house/moving/going back to work on Monday/youngest son leaving on the 8th to go to yellowstone to work over the summer. Yes, I know, it sounds great he is 20 and will be 21 on the 22nd of May, but I just am going to miss him so much. He is the baby and it is so far away from home. I am grateful it was his choice and it will be adventure for him, it is just I am going to worry and miss him alot.
So if my DH and I make it through all this it will be a miracle. We should be getting the key tomorrow so they say, they have been telling us since last Friday we were to close and get the key, but it just hasn't happened yet. I think I am going to take a sleeping pill and go to bed, I have a Dr. appt. for a routine check up with the GP so maybe I will ask her about the edgyness. Sleep well all.
Karen
Unread 05-07-2008, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusCrew
I am okay right now, but had a terrible day. Didn't do too much but man was I in pain. Went to the bank and had a naked juice along the way. Cue to stabby throbbing pain for 10-20 seconds around noon time. Took some norco. About an hour later on the way home from Target, same pain started again but lasted a lot longer. An hour after that while sitting at the computer the third episode happened and it lasted for a minute or so. Took a tramadol. Haven't had pain since. But now I have a large bump to the left of my belly button.
Do you think you might have a UTI - better get checked out to be safe
Unread 05-07-2008, 02:07 AM

I'm up.
Can't Sleep
Anxious
Lots of problems at work I have to deal with.
Just wanna stay home
Wish I wasn't so responsible.
Getting overwhelmed about planning for Africa - maybe it's too much.
DH is away this week in Africa which puts more pressure on me at work.
Gotta stop drinking so much coffee
Dang it I had a latte at 6:00pm
Think I'll have some PB toast and milk
Wanna cry
I think I'm back to the old crazy busy life that I preach is no good for anyone.
I wish I could take my own good advice.
I've been so busy & out nights that I don't have time to even go for a walk let alone excersize.
I wanna move to the South of France
I hear they get 5 weeks vacation and only work 35 hours/week.
Unread 05-07-2008, 05:02 AM

Debbie, sorry about your insomnia. I also hear that Europeans have a different approach to life: they understand that stress kills, so they actually take time off. What a concept. Here w are, recovering from major surgery and feeling guilty that we can't do the 1,000 things we used to do to run our our lives.
It is hard to let things go... to let the dust accumulate, to let other people make decisions and possibly make poor decisions...

Okay, I am of to my own workplace where I do hope I remember my passwords (yikes) and I need to get back up to speed slowly. I will try not to overdo it.

Have a great day everyone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register