Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 226 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 05-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

SW34

I have my 3rd UTI, on Cipro again and phenazopyridine (the stuff that makes you pee orange). I had never had a uti in my life until I had a tah, I hope its not a life time thing. However, I am so glad not to be having 20-36 day periods, like I did for 4+ years. It is wonderful! If I have another uti after this they will send me to a urologist.

I now walk with a definite limp-left side. My orthopedic dr told me in January I would have to have another surgery (1st one was last May). I can't afford to be off work right now, and am trying to put it off till fall or winter. The 1st cortisone shot that was supposed to last 2-3 months lasted a week. I go back for another one (maybe) 5-21-08. It hurts so bad! I'm over it totally! I start water exercises soon, maybe that will help.

Life is sweet and we have 5 camping trips planned between now and the end of June. We are having a yard sale this Saturday to get some extra cash. I am looking forward to watching what I call the "Lightning Bugs Sychronicity concert" the 1st weekend in June at Elkmont in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It's were all the lightning bugs get together and blink at the same time. I've never seen it but people come from all around to witness this event. We are also camping at the lake for memorial day weekend and will get to go out on a covered floating deck that has a live band, karoke, and all the shrimp cocktail & bbq you can eat. The dd26 & ds27 and signifigant others will join us and I can't wait.

Precious granddaughter has taken 10 steps all by herself and will be 1 year old in June.

Still have not caught the bear, he is terrorizing may daughters neighborhood now, so TWRA came and got the trap. So happy to have it out of my front yard!

Sorry I don't post as much-just so busy it seems and still tire easily.

Hope everyone is doing well! Love, D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready4reliefnTN
SW34

I have my 3rd UTI, on Cipro again and phenazopyridine (the stuff that makes you pee orange). I had never had a uti in my life until I had a tah, I hope its not a life time thing. However, I am so glad not to be having 20-36 day periods, like I did for 4+ years. It is wonderful! If I have another uti after this they will send me to a urologist.

Hey you sound like me! I've also had 3 bladder infections I think the last one was also a kidney infection. I've also had 2 yeast infection caused by the antibiotics and a vaginal cuff infection. Did your Dr give any ideas on what is causing all the infections? My GP said everyone heals differently. How does multiple infections have anything to do with healing from a hyster? I hope you feel better! I think the meds I finished on Sat didn't take my UTI away but every time I finish my antibiotics I feel better than before. My Dr was supposed to call me today but didn’t so I’ll call tomorrow for my results.
Unread 05-12-2008, 07:10 PM

SW34

I am tired of the pressure. Whenever I have to go, I have to go then! Other than the quick tiredness, this is my only complaint at this point. I am sorry that you are still having trouble.

Love, D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2008, 02:50 AM
Laying on side

Even though I am a few days past the two month mark I seem to still have a pulling burning feeling when I lay on my side, especially the left side. Anyone having that problem? I would say sleeping on side but still having a huge problem there. Tried all the sleep aide and seems that I can not take any of them.
I have not been on this section for awhile,looks like I have alot of reading to catch up on. Guess I will get started.
Unread 05-13-2008, 04:55 AM

I still have left side pain, nerve endings/adhesions said the GYN.
Also insomnia... I try diferent things for the insomnia, so that i don't get "used" to any ne of them:
Melatonin, Valerian, over the counter stuff. It stinks, because i need to be able to THINK all day at work.
Other than those complaints, i feel like starting up at the gym again, maybe tomorrow night.
Unread 05-13-2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingal
Even though I am a few days past the two month mark I seem to still have a pulling burning feeling when I lay on my side, especially the left side. Anyone having that problem? I would say sleeping on side but still having a huge problem there. Tried all the sleep aide and seems that I can not take any of them.
I have not been on this section for awhile,looks like I have alot of reading to catch up on. Guess I will get started.

I've had that same feeling before and it was adhesions. I had to have several laps to have them removed. Hopefully your pain isn't that and it is part of your healing. Have you called your Dr about it? Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 05-13-2008, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready4reliefnTN
SW34

I am tired of the pressure. Whenever I have to go, I have to go then! Other than the quick tiredness, this is my only complaint at this point. I am sorry that you are still having trouble.

Love, D
My pressure has finally started to go away and I haven't had kidney pain since Fri. Now I have to go to the bathroom frequently and sometimes there is pain when I go pee. But overall I think I get better for several days after I finish my antiobotics then I start the cycle all over. I'm praying that it doesn't start again! I also hope you feel better soon I understand how crapy you feel with an infection.
Unread 05-13-2008, 07:39 AM

I'm feeling good today. I didn't sleep to good last night, sad when I've been sleeping good the last week or so. Huh, I've noticed if it is to hot then I have stronger hot flashes (even though I'm on HRT) I woke up several times last night sweating-gross! Then I'd fall back asleep only to wake up freezing. You know I'd take these problems I'm having now over the pain and problems I had before my hyster!
Unread 05-13-2008, 11:02 AM

I bought my first pair of white capris in years- they are too cute, with a little zipper behind the calve.
I can't wait to wear them!
I also need to remeber to donate my collection of tampons and extra-super heavy duty pads to a worthwhile person...
Unread 05-13-2008, 11:08 AM

Hi girls. I had the side pain but it seems to have stopped,maybe my moving around more don't know just glad it got better.One of my incisions was right on the hip bone? My Doc said that one had some pulling & stretching so she expected it to hurt some for a while.
The insomnia stopped after my first week back to work,I took simply sleep that week & havent had to take anything since

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register