Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 236 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 05-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

I'm an emotional wreck today! I cried watching Rachel Ray. Why I have no idea. I've snaped at DH & DD agian today. I sure hope this hormonal rollercoaster comes to end before the weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
I think right now the biggest thing that is weighing down my mind is the thought that "something just isn't right down there". I felt like this for 20+ years. Now I underwent this major surgery and it should be gone. Part of me hopes that it is nothing. But the other part is hoping it is something that can be fixed. I just can't take another number of years living with something that just doesn't feel quite right.

Thank you all for your well-wishes and wise words. I'll update after my dr. appt.

Off to class..........
I just thought of something someone once told me...if God brings you to it he will bring you through it. Have faith about getting through this tough time in your life. I know you have it I've seen you use it during your recovery thus far!
Unread 05-21-2008, 08:26 PM

Hi everyone,
I have been gone a while, started work on the 12th moved the weekend before and trying to get the house together, figuring out what is going on at work and trying to survive. I made it through last week, but on Monday I called in sick it is really hard. Then yesterday I called the Dr. and told them I am honkerblonked off and mad at everything. I am so edgy I feel like I could explode. My DH is running around half scared to death at what I will or say next. Neadless to say I am on the patch (bio hormone) and the Dr. or his nurse suggested I go on the pill so I can control my dosage better. She said some days I might take one or may 1 & 1/2 she is also suggesting I start taking xanex (antidepressent) she says quite a few women take this for a while until they can get back to "normal".
So Shelly you are not alone.
I sure have missed everyone alot. I thought once I went back to work I would be good to go, on my way and didn't really need all the support which I got from this site. Boy was I wrong, just catching up on all the posts made me realize how much I really missed you guys and everything we do each day. I wish everyone well wishes. I will be checking in daily again, believe me this is not any easy thing.
Oh by the way, Thank God the heat wave is gone from CA. here we are getting into the high 70's instead of the (now I am not kidding) 103 this weekend.
IT IS TO EARLY FOR THIS HEAT.
love to all
Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2008, 09:43 PM

Shelly and Karen- Sorry to hear about your emotional rough patch. A switch of hrt. My friends warned me about that. It was the worst part of their surgery. It took a couple of changes for two of them to get "the right stuff". Fortunately/unfortunately I can't take it and have to play with other vitamins to get the right dosages to keep my body/bones healthy.

Denise-You are going through some trials. Too much pain! I feel for you. And will pray for you and all of us. You do seem to have a lot of energy looking at your schedule. Congrats on your classes. Physics! that is a drain in itself (for me, anyways)

Karen - Bet you are glad that your move is over! Welcome back. U have been busy. And I am sure that the heat did not help. California is having some strange heat spells. I have several family members who live there.

Hope everyone is sleeping well. I am sleeping too much! I hope next week will be better. I work, sleep, feed and take care of the cat, only to get up and do it all over again... three days running now.
Unread 05-21-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
The other thing is that I'm hot and/or sweating all of the time. That to me seems hormonal. Emotionally I'm a mess. Even on the estrogen and 50 mg. of Paxil it still feels like I struggle to get through every single day. I just feel that most days I'm just faking it. I think to myself if I just push through the pain of my foot and the discomfort of my vagina I'll be okay. But I'm not. Deep down inside I feel like I'm going to fall apart at any minute. It's a struggle NOT to turn into a big mushy ball of flesh. Everyday I tell myself...."put on your big girl panties and deal with it."
Oh, Denise! I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. It could be the estrogen. If you are taking it by itself, then you could be having symptoms of estrogen dominance - they call it unopposed estrogen - you need progesterone to balance it out. Even though you may not have a uterus, progesterone does so much more than provide a lining for the ute every mth. Ask your dr for progesterone - and not premarin, which is a synthetic hormone. Then get the pharmacist to order from a compounding pharmacy and ask for bio-identical progest. Also, my dr has me on Triest - three different kinds of estrogen that are plant based.

Anyway, I'm doing so much better on them together. There is a website you can go to - christine northrup md has her own site and this site has some good info on bio identicals.

I'm praying for you... kathie
Unread 05-21-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
I've noticed that once I get mad I really get mad and open my big mouth without thinking. It seems like little things set me off now. Anyone else who is on HRT feel the same? Today I feel emotional like I want to cry because I know I yelled at DH last night and DD today. I thought by now my hormones would have leveled out. I'll start a new thread to see if anyone feels the same. It isn't anything to run to the Dr over just trying to determine if this HRT is working for me or not.
Which HRT are you on? Check out what I wrote to Denise about Bio identicals.

kathie
Unread 05-21-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusCrew
Is anyone else still super tired? I feel so worn out lately and I feel like I need more sleep than usual. I am still looking for a new GYN, and I have follow up US on friday.
Boy am I ever! I'm so tired, I thought it might be cause I have the grandkiddies along with mine, but I was this tired before they came. I can barely drag myself out of bed in the morning, and at the end of the day I'm ready for bed. It's 9pm my time right now and I'm read to hit the hay!

kathie
Unread 05-21-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyssissa
Denise,
Please do not underestimate the huge upheaval (emotionally) that has been caused by the DH vacating. On top of massive physical trauma to your system, you are taxed in ways that others simply are not at the moment. You, more than most of us, have shouldered a huge amount of surgery, post op care, etc. You're depleted and need to take care of yourself as you never have before. I have gone through my own series of separation, divorce, and post divorce nightmare, and know very well how deeply this stuff can reach in. And that was without the encumbrances of post surgical and hormonal madness. I am no physician, but I do believe that emotional weight adds a huge burden to our physical status.

Shelly is right about turning over a new leaf, and the silver lining does exist on the cloud that is moving past - hang in there and please pamper yourself (somehow) between the classes and the kids, the mom, the recovery and the soon to be (hopefully) "wasband."

Well said! I totally agree with you Nancy! Hang in there Denise! I luv that "wasband"
Unread 05-21-2008, 10:12 PM
lots of posts

OK, so I know there are a lot of posts from me, but here's the rub. I want to say something to all of you in my post, perhaps cause you've written something. However, when I get to the end and then write my post, I've forgotton everything you've all said! If I go back to look I lose my post page! So, I've decided if I want to address something you've said, well then I'll do a quick quote/post and go back to reading after.

That is why there are a lot of posts from me in this one!!! I am also, like my moniker says - very chatty!!!

Take care ladies, get off the "estrogen only" and look to Bio Identicals, black cohash is also good as is wild yam root. Careful to get good brands!

luv ya all!
kathie
Unread 05-22-2008, 07:34 AM

Well, today is another biweekly checkup. Hopefully, I'll find out if what I'm feeling is "normal" or not. The fact that I feel anything at all after 10 weeks seems "abnormal" but I've been wrong before. I just hate the way this feels and I want it gone.

I swear if it wasn't for the fact that I'm separated and trying to start a whole new life and may POSSIBLY meet someone else some day, I'd have my vagina sewn shut and never worry about it again. But that certainly is not the case.

My emotions seem to be right on edge today, as usual. One of the things I think so much about is being 43, overweight, tired, blah....blah.....blah......I haven't dated since I was 18 years old. How do you date and find that someone special when all the men my age seem to be looking for the 20 or 30 yo trophy wives?????

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register