Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 237 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 05-22-2008, 07:48 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Hi all
I seem to lose energy every afternoon, hits me hard at work at about 2 or 3pm
Then I get a second wind at home if I just keep on moving... so I got a lot done around the house last night.
My belly still hurts from lifting too much when I did some yard work- lesson learned: will ask my brawny teenager to carry the bags of soil & mulch!

Denise, hang in there, your life will get better, you just have to trust in yourself ; )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2008, 10:37 AM

Hi girls, Hi Denise hopping you get good news today. Don't worry to much about dating that will come in time & hopefully you meet someone nice.They dont all want twenty yr olds.My sister dated a few & settled with one her own age. I dated a couple,one was a casanova my age looking for the twenty somethings,handsome as all get out but a total loser.& Yikes the other was crazy.He was so upset when after dating 3 months I said I dont think this works for me I'd rather be friends. The dude flipped basically recited the dinners we went to,silly me I didnt realized dinners were in his mind a payment plan on a future.So I was way more careful after that realizing at this age,they do think different and they do have baggage just like us.Plus at this age you date different to,You arent the teenager that sees the best & figures you will somehow change the rest. When flags go up the race is over!
Unread 05-22-2008, 03:19 PM

Hi sisters

How are you all doing today? I'm doing good. I've been busy packing for our long weekend out of town. My energy has dwendled so I think I'll drink some caffine to give me a boost. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend and feels great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2008, 07:24 PM

Hi everyone,
Thank god this work week is over and I don't have to go back until Wednesday. I am heading over to the coast tomorrow to meet up with the DH he left on Tuesday. I went and got some new pills today and will start the estrodail tomorrow but will wait on the other. It says not to drink alcohol with it and I surely do plan to drink some of that this weekend. I hope everyone has a great Memorial day and I will check in and take my computer over there.
Karen
Unread 05-22-2008, 07:31 PM

Still fighting tiredness and pain. Today I woke up hurting on the right side. I took one darvocet, which partially took the pain away. Four hours later I took another one and had the same results. Around 4 o'clock I thought I would take 1/2 norco because that usually gets rid of all the pain, but it didn't. I am just trying to relax right now and maybe have some chicken broth.

I managed to get an appointment with a female DR for June 10th. And I have my follow-up US tomorrow morning. I will get copies of the films but I am hoping that the DR will read them since I am going in so early. If not, I will have to wait until Tuesday to get my results.
Unread 05-22-2008, 07:31 PM

Whew! It's been a busy week. Yesterday I had to take my oldest to 5th grade orientation. Today I had to take her to the psychiatrist (she has ADD). After we went out to eat and to the bookstore. Tomorrow my middle one has a field trip, but I'm not going because I have a ton to do around the house because I work the weekend.

I didn't get the one job I was so hoping to get. I'm bummed. You ever feel like the world is against you? I have so much going on in my life right now and could really use a break. I did call a former employer to see if I could go back to work there and it's a possibility but it would only be part time until something opens up. It's a small hospital 5 mins. from my house. She did say that I might have an opportunity to move into a full time 12 hr position because someone may be leaving. We'll see! I haven't heard from the first company I interviewed for. I'm still looking.

Not much else going on here. I'm doing laundry as I write. I have a TON!!!

Have a nice night.
Unread 05-22-2008, 09:24 PM

Hi, all...

Well, here my latest from my Urogyn today. 10+ week and still counting.

Physically, she did her exam, including a speculum exam to see what was going on and why I felt another bulge. The anterior vag wall has fallen again. Not nearly like it was before but enough that I know about it. She was telling me that I COULD have a another surgery that would include mesh to hold the vaginal vault in place. She said at this point the risk of the surgery outweighs the benefit. It's a foreign body inside my body that is already compromised from what I have already gone through. Her other thing still involves surgery but it's much less invasive. It involves re-stitching part of the vaginal opening that came apart from my original sugery 10+ weeks ago. She said it's a cosmetic surgery but it will help keep me from noticing that anterior vaginal wall coming through as much. Eventually, I will have to have the mesh procedure but this will buy me some time to let my body heal. Plus, I still have to have the surgery on my foot, too. So......for now we're still working on healing what remains of the open wound I've been dealing with.

Today she applied much more extensive silver nitrate both on the healing part of the wound and on the vaginal cuff. Evidentially, there is a part of the vaginal cuff that isn't quite healing right either.

I still can't go to the gym. Still haven't been cleared with no restrictions. So after 10+ weeks I'm stil recovering. I go back to the dr. next week, then two weeks after that.

On a more positive note, she spent more than 30 minutes AFTER my exam just talking with me about everything; hormones, depression, school, evil DH, etc. etc. She validated so many of my feelings....if not all. She assured me that I'm not going nuts and that everything I'm feeling is justifiable considering the year that I have had. I totally melted down in her office. I cried. We talked. We hugged. She is going to talk to a psych friend of hers and see what we should do about all my meds. We may be making some changes with the Paxil & Ambien. She doesn't think this is hormonal. I learned that she has also struggled with depressing ever since med school. I feel so Blessed to have her.

So, my story continues.......

Hugs to all. Stick with me girls....I couldn't get this far without you!
Unread 05-22-2008, 10:18 PM

Today was a real thriller! We took Sean 4 and Sydney 2 to the mall. They have a play area there and we rented one of the flying bug strollers for them. We actually managed to buy a couple of things but mostly it was just to keep them occupied. They had a good time when we took them to the Build a Bear store. Sean built his own bear and put the little heart in his bear. It was really cute. We just bought sydney an ogre baby from shrek. You have to really watch her cause if she's out of the stoller even for a moment, she's off to the races. When she's strapped in and wants something, she screams and demands it - little bossy boots! Anyway, we got home exhausted and for supper ordered pizza! Our daughter called to talk to the children and they enjoyed hearing her voice. Tonight when I was cuddling in my bed with Sydney she looked at me and said, "I had a fun day, Nana!" She's so cute.

Anyway, with my life recently it's hard to tell whether or not I'm tired from the surgery or just my crazy life.

But I am exhausted.
g'nite!
kathie
Unread 05-23-2008, 02:00 PM
frustrated and sad

I had the one month follow-up ultrasound this morning. Choco cyst is still there although it is alittle smaller from what the tech said. I also have blood around the cyst which is normal according to the tech. She said that sometimes during ovulation the cyst bleed and that is what I am seeing. That blood was there a month ago on the last scan. So does that mean that my ovary is overworking itself and ovulating every month!?! I am just waiting to see what DR says. I wish that DR would have just removed everything. Menopause is sounding more inviting by the minute.

I am also gonna make a new thread to get some help or something.
Unread 05-23-2008, 02:24 PM

HORMONES SUCK!

Carry on......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register