Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

I would say it's normal (mind you I am far from being a doc)....I had a TVH, too on 3/10....and I have noticed that the urge to go is usually immediate and very strong.

I have very strong radiating pain through my entire pelvic area. I'll think is just gas but the passing of the gas does not releive it. Then....BAM....potty time. Once it's over, I'm exhausted but pain free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 06:37 PM

Thanks Denise; glad to hear that this symptom is probably "normal". After all you have been through I'm sure this is minor. Hope you are feeling better soon!
Unread 03-23-2008, 06:45 PM

Dear Beachgal2697,

Me too. You get to the bathroom and go, this is what all the fuss was about?? What the heck? It's like having the fire alarm go off when you stub your toe - a little over-reactive much?

All I can hope is this too will pass.

My OB said this is very normal. Your intestines are settling into the open space where everything else was and everything has more access to your bowel and bladder. It should settle down eventually.

Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 06:49 PM

Candace,

Thansk so much; I thought I was either losing my mind or developing Irritable Bowel Syndrome!! Your OB's explanation makes pretty good sense also. I guess our bodies are still "settling in" and getting used to the extra space. Thanks again.

Emily
Unread 03-23-2008, 07:31 PM

I can't beleive the timing.....I swear not 5 minutes after I sent this out....I, myself got that "BAM" feeling......and this time it triggered a completely emotional meltdown. I never expected these swings to be so far from one extreme to the other. One mintue I'm giving out unsolicited advice and the next I'm ready to jump right out my bedroom window.

and I keep saying over and over......

I will get through this.
Unread 03-23-2008, 07:39 PM

Oh no! Maybe you were having "sympathy pains" for me. I'll try and return the favor soon..... Hang in there Denise.
Unread 03-23-2008, 07:47 PM

Em, I am 7 days out and I am still having those same gas pains. I think it is normal.

Pam
Unread 03-23-2008, 07:49 PM

Last night I did it I told everyone get there butts dressed we are going OUT to dinner and its gonna be Chili's ! They all listened I had the best time, after dinner we went to Wal~mart to get a few items for today my mom and 15yr Sister were going to come over and make dinner and dye eggs with the kids. So last night I saw that box of Hair dye I bought before surgery and I did my hair then shaped my eyebrows and watched Blades of Glory with DS and DH on my bed, I also curled my hair for today and pinned it up then tried to sleep, WTH I cannot sleep at night anymore I took a Ambein.
This morning I got up I got the kids rallied to clean, while doing DD's hair, DS cleaned, Then big sis got the lil one dressed, then they both came down and did what ever I asked. Mom showed up this afternoon and we made a great meal I even dressed up in my sundress. I had a really blessed day today and at 6:00 I put on my pj's with a big swelly belly and took a perc and fell asleep for 2.5 hrs.
I have noticed TMI when ever I eat a meal I get bad gas pains and the big D, It dosnt matter what I eat, same result.
Unread 03-23-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GritS~Liz
Last night I did it I told everyone get there butts dressed we are going OUT to dinner and its gonna be Chili's ! They all listened I had the best time, after dinner we went to Wal~mart to get a few items for today my mom and 15yr Sister were going to come over and make dinner and dye eggs with the kids. So last night I saw that box of Hair dye I bought before surgery and I did my hair then shaped my eyebrows and watched Blades of Glory with DS and DH on my bed, I also curled my hair for today and pinned it up then tried to sleep, WTH I cannot sleep at night anymore I took a Ambein.
This morning I got up I got the kids rallied to clean, while doing DD's hair, DS cleaned, Then big sis got the lil one dressed, then they both came down and did what ever I asked. Mom showed up this afternoon and we made a great meal I even dressed up in my sundress. I had a really blessed day today and at 6:00 I put on my pj's with a big swelly belly and took a perc and fell asleep for 2.5 hrs.
I have noticed TMI when ever I eat a meal I get bad gas pains and the big D, It dosnt matter what I eat, same result.
I've been taking Ambien for over a year now. Now all of the sudden the last two days it's not working. I've up 'til 4:00 am. Have you had that problem at all?
Unread 03-23-2008, 07:55 PM

Update from casa Tuna:

The Good:
I made myself a tall, cool, Metamucil cocktail.... offered one to the other half, he declined.

The Bad: Insomnia still a problem- I am taking a sleeping pill tonight.

The Ugly: I sat down in my den and realized there was a certain odor... of dog pee in the carpet.
Sigh.... well, I obviously cannot run the shampooer, so I will have to beg and nag the boys to do THIS too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register