Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 241 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 05-27-2008, 12:36 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAETIGGER
Kathy chatty, I need some advice.I volunteer with Karen refugees my boyfriend & I are helping the build a weaving loom.& I have no idea where to buy the thread.I know there is a shop in Canada but there must be some in the U.S. I don't know what kind of thread I should be looking for or how it's sold.I have seen the shirts they made in the refugee camps & it looks like thin cotton thread,any idea what its called & where it is sold?
Hi!

I get a magazine called Interweave Knits and they have one for spinning and weaving. You'll find some good links from here that might help.

interweave.com/weave/

Another listing that might help:

http://fiberarts.org/directories/guilds/Ohio

Try contacting this lady if you can't get anywhere, she was listed in Interweave's site:

Cleveland
Fleece & Flax Guild
E-mail: jjones109@juno.com

Hope this helps. I'm a knitter, I don't weave - but I know some weavers and they all like that mag.

kathie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2008, 11:26 AM

Anyone else tired from their long weekend? I can't wait to have our "Old" energy level back. I went to the gym in hopes of getting an energy burst and all it did was make me more tired.
Unread 05-27-2008, 01:33 PM

Thanks so much kathy I dont knit or weave so I have been lost on this & the language barrier doesnt help me thankyou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2008, 02:45 PM

Hi all,
just got back from my Dr. and I explained everything to her. She looked at the pills my gyno just prescribed, and said the amount of estrodial I am taking is a bit high, but for someone as young as I (47)??? she said it is necessary for right now. She said maybe in a year we can decrease that. She also put me on lexapro and said within a month I will be feeling a whole lot better even better than before the surgery. WOW can you imagine that. I am going to start them tomorrow and pray that it works. The DH is all for it I think after I get back into the mode I am going to have him take some antidepressants and get him into happy land. Anyway, she is going to keep a close eye on me and monitor. So I feel better just talking with her today, she really understands and I knew just talking to a female would help me too. Hope everyone is doing well. I will be soon (I hope)
Karen
Unread 05-28-2008, 08:32 AM

Karen
I'm glad that you got something to make you feel better than before your surgery, yea!
Unread 05-28-2008, 08:35 AM

I think I twisted my ankle at the gym this morning. Darn it! Just when I was getting back into the swing of things. I'll take tomorrow off and it should get better. I'm happy that I'm complaining about something different than surgery pain . I think there may be an end to all of this!
Unread 05-28-2008, 01:34 PM

Karen I have been on Lexapro for few yrs I take mine at bedtime.The first two wks you feel a little dry mouth or diarhhea but it goes away within two wks.I take 10mg,20 mg made me gain weight if I looked at food,I am six ft tall & couldnt gain a pound my whole life so that was wierd.The lower dose worked best for me.& It seems to help me sleep.
Unread 05-28-2008, 06:00 PM

From your experience, how shortly after having a lap can one get adhensions? I know I have smething wrond with me and I just want to get to the bottom of it. I wonder if adhensions and ovarian remnant syndrome would feel the same.

Have any of you heard of POCT? A co-worker was just diagnosed with that this morning. I am familiar with PCOS. I was unable to find any good search results for POCT. I wonder if the DR misspelled it.

On a frustrating side note my DR denied a refill on my meds and said that he can no longer help me. So, I was kinda sad today. And pretty upset with him. I have made up my mind that male DRs are not the way to go. I have an appointment with a female on the 6th. Which I hope goes well and that I might be able to get some answers. I talked to another male DR a few weeks ago and he said that I shouldn't have a choco cyst so soon after my surgery, which is partly why I asked about the adhesions. But the same thing happened after the lap that I had in '05.

I am gonna finish working and go home, rest, and bake some bars for the pharamedics that came to my rescue
Unread 05-28-2008, 06:13 PM

nevermind abut POCT, the DR appearently wrote her diagnosis down wrong. She does have PCOS.
Unread 05-28-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAETIGGER
Karen I have been on Lexapro for few yrs I take mine at bedtime.The first two wks you feel a little dry mouth or diarhhea but it goes away within two wks.I take 10mg,20 mg made me gain weight if I looked at food,I am six ft tall & couldnt gain a pound my whole life so that was wierd.The lower dose worked best for me.& It seems to help me sleep.
Thank you for the info MAETIGGER, I started today felt a little dry mouth but non of the other yet. I take the 10mg, I heard about the weight gain, don't want that. Are you happy with it? I will be glad to really get some good sleep. Is there a reason why you take it at night? just curious. I can feel a new me is coming soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register