Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 243 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 05-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Kathie
Life is hard sometimes stay positive and things will work out! Sorry to hear that you have other things flaring up. Hope you feel better soon. Good thing it is Friday, will you get the weekend off to relax some before your crazy week? Take care
Shelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2008, 10:10 AM

Has anyone tried crunches yet? I've gone to the gym 3 times so far this week-yea for me. I even got DH to join last night so we'll go tomorrow together. I've been putting off doing crunches. I'm afraid to do them and I desperately need too. Boy I'm getting a pouch! I don't think it will hurt but I'm still afraid to.

Has anyone done them? Did they hurt? It won't cause any damage at this point in our recovery-right?
Unread 05-30-2008, 07:55 PM

I have thought about sit ups,does that count? I have also thought about power walking having less cellulite, and telling people exactly what I think on more than one occasiion ( not good when you work customer service) I'm still struggling with getting back to the full swing life while exhausted and feel most days as if Im dragging myself through & get irritable!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2008, 08:19 PM

Hi everyone,
I sure hope everyone is doing well. I am doing better each day seems easier to handle. It was a short week at work but felt real long. My energy level is pretty good all day until I get home and then I am totally exhausted. Thank goodness it is only me and the DH so if I don't feel like fixing dinner it OK we fend for ourselves. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Karen
Unread 05-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Shelly - thanks for the good thoughts!

Well, it always looks better in the morning after a good sleep. It's not so bad as I thought. I just absorbed everyone's panic and I should know better. Next week will come and go, the sky will not fall and it will be a learning experience.

The anti virals are starting to work, a hot bath in some epsom salts helped ease the aches and pains and a nice dinner out with dh and my ds's at Red Robin's did a lot to lift my spirits.

I'm starting to realize that this recovery is a lot longer than I thought. One of my staff just had here PVH a couple of weeks ago and we were able to share a bit today about how it goes. Encouraging someone else always helps to lift you up as well. Funny, eh?

I'm going to have a good weekend and hopefully get some knitting done. I've been wasting time on Ravelry.com - check it out, it's a really neat site.

take care, have a great weekend,

Kathie
Unread 05-31-2008, 09:03 AM

Hey there ladies, I haven;t been on for a long time but have been thinking about you all! I am back to work and have found another job in an office. I am also keeping my other job as well. So for awhile I will not have days off. I have just finished my first week back to work and I was/am exhausted. They were only 4 or 5 hour shifts but its the standing for the whole shift. I have new spider viens now,I know they are new, I am gaining wieght, and craaaanky! My Doc put me back on BCP, and I know that is the cause of the weight gain and craaanky! So I am going off to see if that is what is wrong. PLUS.....I also had the most painful throw-up kind of period like cramps last friday.That would have been the time I would have gotten my period even on the pill. It was in my lower back and all across my tummy. No I didn;t have to poo. It went on for like 8 hours then gone as quick as it came on. So upsetting. And I still pain on the left side of the incision. Where she did her knott.?. SO I am going to have to go back in and see her.
I have also started exercising. Crunches, squats, lots of walking, weights for the arms flaps! I am only 32!! I shouldn't have arm flaps like an very old woman! I am even trying not to eat so much and nothing is working. I hope when I quit these BCP everything will clam down. I am also taking a good amount of vitiamins. B's,cal-mag,evening primrose,adreanal-life(my adreanals have been shot for years,its at the health food store.), womans multi, So there is no excuse for not being unhealthy!! When we went camping my girlfriends thought I was a travelling drugtore! I had painrelief, tums, pepto, allergy pills, vitamins, kids allergy, kids pain releif, you name I had it!!!! And we actually had t use most of them!!!! Too funny!
Btter run for now! Glad I found you girls again!
Unread 05-31-2008, 10:25 AM
Happy weekend :)

Hi ladies,

I'm happy that the weekend is here and that I can get some rest. I feel like I am getting better. My appetite is coming back which for me is a sure sign that I am feeling better. I have had some pain this week the worst being on Tuesday or Wednesday when it reached an uncomfortable level. I still am slow and tired. The lone ovary felt like it was twisting for awhile, but now that pain has gone away. I am now totally convinced that I am in someway going into menopause, I just need someone to confirm that.

I started to cry a few times while I was answering the phones at work. That was a great experience. But all kidding aside, I am happy that I can be there and that they actually want me there. We just got some wonderful news that we can stay in business. I work at an escrow company in California and this housing market has been a killer. In December all employees had to take a 10% pay cut or we could leave the company. Right now each month we loose $30,000.00. So, we are making some major changes and will be handling 100 Countrywide owned properties per month so that should help us out. More foreclosures are due to hit the market in August or September and we are getting ready for them. This trend seems like it will last for another three years. One day in the near future we will all get our 10% back.
Unread 05-31-2008, 08:11 PM

Well this is just great. I have been having some slight pain urinating the last two days. Today I painted most of the day and was on my feet. Well, I go to take a shower and felt some pressure in the vajayjay area. Sure enough I felt a bulge or something just like I did before the surgery (utrine prolaspe) is why I had the surgery in the first place. I don't know if it is the bladder or what is the world it could be. I guess I will call the Dr. (again) on Monday and get in to see him. I just have to say, this is getting really old I am so tired of feeling crappy. The other meds my Dr. gave me a really helping the edginess and all, but now this. Unbealievable.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Karen
Unread 05-31-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PismoBeachNativ
Well this is just great. I have been having some slight pain urinating the last two days. Today I painted most of the day and was on my feet. Well, I go to take a shower and felt some pressure in the vajayjay area. Sure enough I felt a bulge or something just like I did before the surgery (utrine prolaspe) is why I had the surgery in the first place. I don't know if it is the bladder or what is the world it could be. I guess I will call the Dr. (again) on Monday and get in to see him. I just have to say, this is getting really old I am so tired of feeling crappy. The other meds my Dr. gave me a really helping the edginess and all, but now this. Unbealievable.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Karen
Sorry to here of your troubles. I'm having the same problem. My urogyn checked it out and said that the anterior wall of the vagina HAS fallen again. It's definitely more pronounced and more irritating when I've been very active, doing a lot of lifting, etc. But so far most days it doesn't bother me. I'm still having some urinary symptoms which we are just calling bladder spasms right now but it's more of an irritation of the urethra. If I drink alot of water and stay well-hydrated I don't get the symptoms. I seem to only get this problem when the well runs dry.

For now my doc and I are just taking a "wait and see" attitude. If it gets really annoying or I start having some other urinary symptoms.....then it's back to the OR for repair with a mesh product. My doc explained that this mesh product can cause a whole other set of problems.

Since I'm having my achilles operated on in two weeks and will be recovering from that for a couple of weeks, I'm kind trying not to think of my vagina for awhile. I'm tired of dealing with it. So.....I'm taking a vacation from my vagina. She's on her own right now!

My urogyn said that she is going to write an article....."The Pursuit of the Perfect Va-jay-jay." She said it doesn't exist and women need to stop trying to make it like they are 15 year olds again. It's not necessary.

Anyhow......off to bed. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm super psyched up about school. Evil DH is out. I just got a raise at work and I haven't been in the office for six months!!!! :-) I was released from the dr last week. My foot is getting fixed. Right now is a really good time. I finally feel like I'm starting to catch up with everyone else around here.
Unread 06-01-2008, 12:06 AM

Well, it sounds as if everyone is sloooowwwllly recovering and getting back to some sense of a normal life. Just what is normal, though? It isn't easy though with all the little bits and pieces that aren't quite back where they should be. I had a rough week and I know that it's because I'm not up to snuff yet - when will that be? Hmmm.

Anyway, I think of it everyday still. I mean, that I had surgery. Sometimes it still is in my mind that I "just" had surgery even though its been a couple of months.

Wonder when that will change.

hmmm... Kathie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register