Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 244 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 06-01-2008, 06:47 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyknittykat
Well, it sounds as if everyone is sloooowwwllly recovering and getting back to some sense of a normal life. Just what is normal, though? It isn't easy though with all the little bits and pieces that aren't quite back where they should be. I had a rough week and I know that it's because I'm not up to snuff yet - when will that be? Hmmm.

Anyway, I think of it everyday still. I mean, that I had surgery. Sometimes it still is in my mind that I "just" had surgery even though its been a couple of months.

Wonder when that will change.

hmmm... Kathie
I find myself doing the same thing....."I just had surgery". It's been more than two months already! Geesh.....I'm having a hard time getting over it psycologically. I actually miss seeing my doctor ever week. I'm kinda sad that it may be a whole year before I will see her again. Weird, huh?!

I wonder when the day comes that this will all be something in the past and not something that I feel is still happening to me.

Interesting?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2008, 09:00 AM

Thanks for the info. Denise. I am going to try to stay off my feet pretty much the whole day and call the Dr. in the morning. I just really don't want to go through another surgery to fix something I had done previously. I sure hope everyone has a great Sunday. I will let you all know what the Dr. says.
Unread 06-01-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PismoBeachNativ
Thanks for the info. Denise. I am going to try to stay off my feet pretty much the whole day and call the Dr. in the morning. I just really don't want to go through another surgery to fix something I had done previously. I sure hope everyone has a great Sunday. I will let you all know what the Dr. says.
Well, I just got back from my office where I was on my feet walking back and forth a lot and I definitely felt the bulge again. I also started getting some back pain. I just couldn't stay on my feet, I had to sit down. That was only after like 30 minutes. What would it be like if I was up and down for 8-10 hours a day. So, I'm making note of all these little things so when I've finally had enough.....I can be sure that it is bad enough to want to go through another surgery. So far, I'm just not sure.

But on days like today when I feel what I feel,. ...I'm ready to go screaming back to the operating room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Well, I just got back from my office where I was on my feet walking back and forth a lot and I definitely felt the bulge again. I also started getting some back pain. I just couldn't stay on my feet, I had to sit down. That was only after like 30 minutes. What would it be like if I was up and down for 8-10 hours a day. So, I'm making note of all these little things so when I've finally had enough.....I can be sure that it is bad enough to want to go through another surgery. So far, I'm just not sure.

But on days like today when I feel what I feel,. ...I'm ready to go screaming back to the operating room.
I sure know what you mean. I have some lower back pain too. It is really discouraging isn't it. This may be TMI but I actually took a mirror to look and right there is something looking like it wants to come out. I don't want to go back for another operation, so I sure hope my Dr. has some answers. And of course my DH says I probably did to much and have caused all this to happen. Who knows.
Unread 06-01-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PismoBeachNativ
I sure know what you mean. I have some lower back pain too. It is really discouraging isn't it. This may be TMI but I actually took a mirror to look and right there is something looking like it wants to come out. I don't want to go back for another operation, so I sure hope my Dr. has some answers. And of course my DH says I probably did to much and have caused all this to happen. Who knows.
Definitely keep me posted on what your doc says. Never TMI.....I check mine daily. ::::::: I just don't know what to do. I hate the thought of another surgery but I also hate the thought of knowing things aren't where they should be. If it's like this now.....what is it going to be like five years from now. Five years from now I'll just be starting my new career and I'm not going to want to take this kind of time off then. I've pretty much planned that 2008 was my years to get everything fixed.

My doc already explained the repair process and it wouldn't be as bad as the original surgery but it's still a 6 week recovery. After my foot heels from that surgery, I might approach my urogyn about getting my girly parts fixed....again. So maybe in the fall, I may do it all again. :::sigh:::
Unread 06-01-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Definitely keep me posted on what your doc says. Never TMI.....I check mine daily. ::::::: I just don't know what to do. I hate the thought of another surgery but I also hate the thought of knowing things aren't where they should be. If it's like this now.....what is it going to be like five years from now. Five years from now I'll just be starting my new career and I'm not going to want to take this kind of time off then. I've pretty much planned that 2008 was my years to get everything fixed.

My doc already explained the repair process and it wouldn't be as bad as the original surgery but it's still a 6 week recovery. After my foot heels from that surgery, I might approach my urogyn about getting my girly parts fixed....again. So maybe in the fall, I may do it all again. :::sigh:::
Are you kidding another 6 weeks recovery. WOW, I did not plan on that, and here I was feeling (physically) pretty good. You just don't know what will happen next. I sure would like to know what happened, but I guess the Dr. can tell me after he takes a look.
Unread 06-01-2008, 07:24 PM

Hi ladies! I have not posted much lately...you know back to work and all but I have been keeping up on all your posts!

Denise you are going to be a brand new woman by the time you are done!

I wanted to update you all, I had to go back to the doctor for deep vaginal pain and spotting. Treated with silver nitrate for granulation as precaution because with two doctors staring at my "Peekachou" they think it's very possibly its a prolapsed fallopian tube. We will know more next monday...I will keep you updated.

Funny: At my visit Thursday my Urogyn was checking out the issue and called for the other Gyn that did the Hysto part for her opinion. When the other doc came in she mentioned that oh yeah they need a different kind of "spec..instrument" with me. The Urogyn blurted out "that's sad when a doctor remembers you by the way your "V" looks!" We were rolling with laughter....we have obviously seen each other A LOT!
Unread 06-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Talking - Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoler76
Hi ladies! I have not posted much lately...you know back to work and all but I have been keeping up on all your posts!

Denise you are going to be a brand new woman by the time you are done!

I wanted to update you all, I had to go back to the doctor for deep vaginal pain and spotting. Treated with silver nitrate for granulation as precaution because with two doctors staring at my "Peekachou" they think it's very possibly its a prolapsed fallopian tube. We will know more next monday...I will keep you updated.

Funny: At my visit Thursday my Urogyn was checking out the issue and called for the other Gyn that did the Hysto part for her opinion. When the other doc came in she mentioned that oh yeah they need a different kind of "spec..instrument" with me. The Urogyn blurted out "that's sad when a doctor remembers you by the way your "V" looks!" We were rolling with laughter....we have obviously seen each other A LOT!
I hear ya.....I had a similar experience with my urogyn (she did all of my procedures and tests beforehand). I sent her an email and asked her who I go for my regular annual visits.....she said I should probably come to her because she can follow me closely for this repeated prolapse and since she has examined me more than I've probably ever been examined by any other gyn before she "knows" me better than anyone......how true is that. She also said she wished she would have taken pictures through out my healing process so that she could show "everyone" the transition through the healing process....ummmm.....no, I don't think so.

I think that through having my huge babies and all this surgery and recovery, I have the most famous va-jay-jay in the Navy!
Unread 06-01-2008, 09:11 PM

Too funny Denise. With technology these days people are blogging left and right.

Have you crotched any more utties?
Unread 06-01-2008, 10:22 PM

Hi Hyssissa! How are you doing?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register