Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 247 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Sorry I havnt checked in, I will report since getting on HRT (Vagifem) I feel great, I am happy, I have taken up a hobby Sewing my kids clothes is my new passion And speaking of passion That is great too. I am so happy I had my surgery. I feel like I am a better mom now thanks to it. One thing I am not fond of is the extra 30 I put on since my tubal and hyster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2008, 08:05 AM

I am happy to report that things are better on my end as well. Still having some pain, but tylenol/motrin 600 seems to do a decent job. My computer is back up and running and DH has drastically calmed down. My second biggest surprise of the weekend was that I had no pain during sex. I have waited years for that!!!
Unread 06-09-2008, 04:53 PM

Well I went to the Dr. today and found out that the bulge I felt was actually the bladder. It seems that the back side of the bladder has decided to peek out and drop down a bit. Well....lahdedah.....anyway, he gave me some estregen cream pre....something to use twice a day and do the kegel exercises 4x a day and revisit in 8 weeks. He seems to think that these will strengthen the musles and push that puppy back up where it belongs. If not surgery again in 6 to 9 mos. He suggest waiting doesn't want to go up there and disturb anymore than necessary. Bladder infections will more than likely return and be more frequent. So that is the extent of that visit. It It seems everyone is doing OK, so glad. Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2008, 05:26 PM

karen, is the bulge visible? I have one on my left side next to the belly button that sticks about an inch. I have been wondering what it is. I had the same thing back in 2005 before and after that surgery.
Unread 06-09-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusCrew
karen, is the bulge visible? I have one on my left side next to the belly button that sticks about an inch. I have been wondering what it is. I had the same thing back in 2005 before and after that surgery.
The bulge was located in the vagaina area, I felt it in the shower. I had uterus prolaspe which is what started this whole chapter in my life. Since I had everything removed I had no idea what was left that could possibly prolaspe.
Unread 06-11-2008, 11:20 AM

I've been busy the last couple of days and haven't been able to check in with everyone.

JeseCrew glad to hear that this Dr seems to be getting answers for you and putting you on some meds to help. I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 06-11-2008, 03:39 PM

Hi girls,just wanted to say Hi I have been ok no problems or complaints.Belly is still a little itty bit tender if the cat jumps on but otherwise I dont notice.I think the fatigue maybe improving as well
Unread 06-13-2008, 08:38 PM

Hi, Everyone!

Just wanted to check in.

I had my achilles surgery today. Everything went great. I'm on crutches for a couple of weeks but I already feel relief from the constant pain that I was having.

Now......guess what.....I'll be having another vaginal surgery in the next several weeks. The anterior wall prolapsed again and the bladder right along with it. So I guess I'll be having the repair with the mesh. So next week I'll be starting the process again. ::::sigh::::

I've been very busy with work and with school...but...yeah....I have a 3.4 GPA right now!!!! I need a 2.5 for nursing school, so I'm well on my way.

Separation papers from the evil DH is in the works. He's still going to Afghanastan in August so we're trying to get everything squared away by then. All the kids are doing great and we finally have some peace in the house now that he's out.

So that's the quicky version of my update.

Since the board has been so quite, I'm assuming everyone else is doing well and settled back into normal life again. It's amazing what we've all been through!!!!

HysterHugs to all,
Unread 06-14-2008, 10:55 AM

I had my first physical therapy appointment on Thursday. Found out that interior muscles are swollen and very rigid. The lady wants to see me as much as possible to do some strength training and other exercises. She is going to give me some exercises to do at home and told me not to wear too high of heels because that pulls some butt muscles which cause pain.

I have been having very painful attacks on the right side for the last 3 days. They only last for a few seconds but it takes at least an hour for my body to recover from them. DH and I have been having relations more frequently. All was fine in that area until last night. We had to stop in the middle because the pain was so unbearable. I took some pain meds to help, but it was sad that the pain was so much to interrupt us.

Oh, I also found out that the Lupron shot that the new GYN wants to try on me will cost $441 per month. And that is with insurance I truly don't understand why or how drug companies charge so much just for people to get help. The amount of $$ that you have to spend just adds stress and anxiety of the situation.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Unread 06-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Updated

Hi everyone,

I've been tired but doing a bit better. Getting over the lung infection slowly but surely. However, the boys have been a bit sick and really suffering with allergies.

It finally stopped raining and the miserable weather has made way for the sunshine. That has meant that I'm starting to feel better - the lupus/FMS lifts when the fog and clouds do.

I'm still tired and fatigued. I think the surgery flared the fatigue from the other chronic illnesses. It's certainly afftected my moods. My libido is nil - I'm finding that I have no desire at all for sex. I'm going to the dr today to talk about that and see what's up.

Anyway, I agree with Denise, we all must be doing better - our lives are getting busier. This group has been so helpful to me so I hope that we all find the time to check in once in a while and let each other know how we're doing!

kathie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register