Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 250 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 07-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Girls, I'm convinced we are really falling apart!!! It's almost as if fixing one problem actually creates another one............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2008, 12:53 PM

I termed 2008 as the year to get all of my "warranty work" performed. So far so good....however, I am starting to fear it will stretch well into 2009. I've given myself 3 years to get everything done....including losing all the weight, getting healthy, and physically fit. By then, my divorce will be done, college will be done, and my body will be ready for the next 100,000 miles. So much for getting old, gracefully! LOL
Unread 07-07-2008, 01:02 PM

Is it possible to get old gracefully??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2008, 04:52 PM

OMG I feel for you all. I know Denise was going to have more surgery, but I didn't about the other. It looks like I too will have surgery on the va-jay-jay for the bladder prolasping. It isn't getting any better either. I even had a sling put on the bladder but it hasn't worked totally. I wish everyone the best of luck and keep us posted.
Unread 07-07-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmalibu
I, too, have been under the knife again. I had 2 more surgeries 6 days ago. About 10 days before my hyster I found out I had a herniated disc in my neck. We tried some conservative physical therapy for 4 weeks. I returned to work and the pain would not subside and just got worse. Then I began having lots of pain and numbness in my right hand and pain and weakness in my shoulder muscle. I returned to my GP she sent me to a neurosurgeon. We had another MRI, Nerve Conduction Study, and an EMG. So the results were a herniated cervical disc (between 5 and 6) and carpal tunnel in both hands. Isn't that great So, on July 1, I had a cervical disc replacement and carpal tunnel release on my right hand. So I'm off work, recovering once again. Now I've found a lump of some sort on my left forearm. Will this be yet another surgery? When does it all get better??
I'm sorry to hear about your surgery. It has to get better, right? I've been depressed all day, feeling sorry for myself. This is the year for us to get fixed! We'll have new and improved bodies! LOL Take care
Unread 07-07-2008, 07:51 PM

Oh no! Now I have a staph infection on my mons....had to have it lanced, yuk!
Unread 07-07-2008, 08:22 PM

Hi ladies, I haven't posted in a long while. I am sad to hear that some will require more surgery and that some still have pain. I still do every other week because of my cycle. I am not taking anymore pain killers because they seemed to be amplifying the pain. I decided not to go to the pain management doctor or back to the physical therapist. Thinking about all of that was just too much with everything else going on. I will go for a follow up US at the end of this month. I am pretty tender still even when I shower. I have accidentally hit myself with a large file on a few occasions under the incision and yelped. I also getting strong pulling sensations where the DR removed the ovary and the left side is still popping out. On top of that I think hat I am developing an allergy to wheat which causes some tremendous pain. So, I am staying away from all gluten products and seem to be doing better.

DH is in Canada for three months But I get to go see him at the end of September. Work is super crazy and we had to hire four new people. Just in time because I felt like I was going to lose it. I hope you all are doing well in spite of the circumstances.
Unread 07-10-2008, 08:36 AM

Hello girls! I haven't been on either in a long while. I am sending everyone bighugs. Its been a month since I have been at my new job and it is going good so far. Way much busier than I expected. Unfortunatly my pain from the incison is still reallly bothering me. I am going back to the Doc in a week to get it checked to make sure it is just healing.
But I have noticed my bowels are worse. I am serious when I say I do not go into a store where I do not know where the bathrooms are. I have had some VERY close accidents even just at home. I am soo frustrated and embarrased. I have also had 2 meltdowns about loosing my girlhood. and not being able to have babies. It only lasts a couple of hours, so I really try not let those thoughts take over. Then I really think about it this way,,, I am turing 33 yrs old, I have an 8 yrs old, do I really want to start all over again???? And when I go out to the store and hear the creaming and whinning and crying, I am like ,, Ya I so wouldn't go through that agian after 8 yrs. ( Secretly I would but to make myself feel better I say no). I also am starting to feel like a girl again. For a while I felt like I wasn;t a complete girl, especially around my girlfriends, but that is going away now too. Thankgoodness. Noone ever told me about all these feelings that could pop up, and I wish someone would have. I am goign to do my best to talk to people I hear going through this to tell them it is normal. I thought I was loosing me mind!! Anywyas, we also bought a house and now have to sell this one! Can;t wait to get out of the downtown area, and up into the quieter area. It's so awesome, DH and DD can sit on thier dirtbikes in the garage and push the button to raise the door and away they go up the street and into the trials!!!! The house NEEDS ALOT of work. But we got it for $20,000 under the appraisal price!! It is currently a rental house which they ahe never lookde after. So we will rip out the floors and repaint and make it beautiful! I should go for now and get the kiddlet up!
Have a great day!
Unread 07-14-2008, 09:23 AM

Wed I have to go have a colonoscopy . Hopefully I have to change my diet and nothing major is wrong. I had to sign papers saying I'm aware they might have to do surgery right then and there. We'll at least I'm on the road to being healthy and I don't have many areas left to have surgery on LOL. Hope everyone is doing great!
Unread 07-14-2008, 07:53 PM

I am having issues with a lot of foods so I have cut out all wheat and daily.... fun. I am going to go see a nutritionist hopefully. I have to see the DR that did surgery because the DMV found out that I had a seizure and want to make sure that I am safe to drive. I had an ultrasound today to see ** the cyst and fluid are doing. I have also been having some pain where the uterus and ovary where. I affectionately called it my vacant area.

Sydney, I hope you are doing better. It took some time for me to go through the girl crisis myself. I still feel it at times but it is better. Keeping busy with everyday life has helped, it keeps my mind off of the physical issues.

Shelley, sorry to hear about the colonoscopy. I hope that they can just change your diet and than be done with it. My heart goes out to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register