Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 31 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Hallways & Hot Dogs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkdista
Well, I guess when this is all over with, as long as sex is not like throwing a hot dog down a hallway, I'll be VERY pleased to be rid of all the pain I had prior to surgery on a daily basis!
I had them tidy up the play pen while they were in there so we wouldn't have the hallway/hotdog problem. I had to laugh when I read your analogy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Backsliding Pain Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaCat
Day 13, almost 2 weeks out and I have to say I am very disappointed in myself.
I had to take pain meds all weekend, my belly was just killing me.... I had only been taking them sporadically before.
I don't think it is abnormal to backslide on the pain a bit. I have too and also went from sporadically using the Vicodin to needing it round the clock as a brand new bruise appeared below the belly button. We had them call in the refill too. I don't want to run out. I didn't check your location, but some states do require the paper script I guess. . . What a hassle for a legitimate need.

Hope you get better soon!
Unread 03-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Well, girls......I went to the clinic and was met by the chief resident and she pulled in the GYN-Oncologist that has done these types of surgery before and turns out is covering for my UroGyn (turns out he is also good friends with my doc and her doc husband.) So I'm quite sure he'll get word back to her. He was very familiar with my case and I felt I was in very competent, experienced hands.

The walk from the front doors of the hospital to the Woman's Health Clinic on the 4th floor took me 20 minutes. My mom, God Bless her, kep saying, "let me get a wheelchair, let me get a wheelchair". I just walked 'cause I can't sit. So I held on to the trail of handrails and made it to the clinic. They paged both docs and took me directly in the back.

Girls....I swear.....I felt like I was 98 years old. The nurse who took me to the back had to hold on to me while I held on to the hand rails. Once on the table I just kept falling asleep.

Anyhow.....I broke down and explained EVERYTHING. Of course, the checked me which involved the dreaded speculum (a very small one of course) and a rectal exam (by both docs, 'cause remember one is a resident). They said the tissue is granulating (healing) and everytime they just touch it with a q-tip it would bleed. But the felt this is normal.

But the answer was the dreaded......"normal". I did get a lesson the seriousness in my surgery. It's much more extensive and serious than what I had thought. They also made me look at everything. Ladies.....I am not exagerating when I say that it looks like something straight out of a slasher movie. I'm bruised, cut, stitched, and fileted.

I hate to say it but I it's like I WANTED something to be wrong so they could fix it and then I would feel all better. I just didn't want to think all of this that I am going through was "normal". How in the heck can it be normal, if I am so miserable for so long. They did do a CBC but told me to go home and they would call me if anything was abnormal.

I came home and slept until 7:30. Then ate about 1/2 a bowl of Cream of Potato soup. I'm done.
Oh, yes because I wouldn't be the Queen of TMI if I didn't say this....but.....even with all of the GYN-Oncologists experience, as he was talking the resident through the examination.....neither one of them could even really find the perineum. He had to put on gloves and do a rectovaginal exam just to find the perineum for himself. Can you say hamburger anyone??? -- Can you tell I took painkillers????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Thank Goodness

Quote:
im going
Hope you get better soon. Demand they take care of this business. You should be seeing some improvement.
Unread 03-24-2008, 06:49 PM
A Long Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahester65
Had my surgery on 3/12 and came home on the 14th. It's been 11 days and I still am not feeling like myself. I also have swelly belly going on and I seem to get tired very easy. It's been hard letting other people do everything for me, not use to that Husband and kids have been great though. I am wondering how long does it take to at start to feel like your old self? One can only watch so much TV and read so much.
My girlfriend who had a TAH two years ago said it took a couple of months to really get over the fatigue. Longer than you think it will. . . but at least it does end.
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:06 PM

Sadly, I was told today that that the fatigue can even last up to 7-8 months. Some woman can bounce back after a few weeks others it take much, much longer. :-(
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:08 PM
What???

Quote:
Sadly, I was told today that that the fatigue can even last up to 7-8 months. Some woman can bounce back after a few weeks others it take much, much longer. :-(
That's it! I'm taking up coffee! I've never had it before . It will be my new vice. I think we should all have a few (vices).
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:08 PM

Whew Denise! Poor girl! Hang in there! Even if it is "normal" for what you have gone through, at least you know it is significant repair and will take longer than the average surgery. That may not be a comfort but at least you and we don't have to worry that something terribly wrong came up with you! You have our well wishes for each day!
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:17 PM

After reading DeniseS' post, I realize no matter what problems I have right now, at least my vaginal and perineal are identifiable as such!
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:59 PM

Hey Denise, I'm glad you bugged the med staff. I totally understand the "please let there be something wrong, b/c then it can be fixed!" So here are some ideas that ran through my head reading your posts.
Are you /can you take vitamin C? Vit C is essential to help tissue heal.
Don't worry about taking pain meds (if you are indeed worrying) This way your body can spend it's energy on healing not dealing with pain.
Sleep is a wonderful medicine if you can get it! If you can't sleep, are you on HRT estrogen? Estrogen can make you WIDE awake, so no taking it in the PM. Have you spent any mental energy focusing on healing? Y'know, thoughts become things? Try not to spend mental energy on how much it sucks, but be grateful for any little thing, be grateful for your healed pain-free body (which IS coming and just around the corner)
I know, a bit 'ah-la-ding', but I swear the mind can work wonders!
Blessings!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register