Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 43 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Good morning girlies! I am still feelin pretty good belly is tender & I got twinges of pain after the walking.Also very uncomfortable is to sit in one position to long.
I feel sorry for the ladies recovering with little ones at home I remember those days,& those tears over no help with housework......Ahhh here it is just me,my boyfriend,& my loving old cat.Who just couldn't understand why he couldn't lay on my belly but agreed not to after the first day home he would sniff & step towards it & I would say" no" & push him back.After doing this several times he layed next to me & placed one paw on my lap,I then removed the paw & after doing this several times he got the picture "NO WARE NEAR THE BELLY" I bet you have to go through the same routine if you have a dog. He relented he sits next to me when I sit, & lays nest to me when I nap.& Gives my boyfriend the pawtenderizing lap dance I used to get.
My son & daughter visit alot.& I have a grandson born this yr.I dont know what I shall do about picking him up he is 13ibs.I dont know how long I have to wait.For now they pillow up my belly & put him on my lap so I can hold him because I cannot be near him & not hold!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 08:24 AM

Nice morning for staying in bed. I am sleeping better but still achy and tired. I get several sharp pains on the left side of the vagina, probably stitches.

My arm started hurting again after the cortizone cream cured it for a couple days. I am going to see my PCP on Monday to have a wart removed from my foot that has returned after removal when I was 9! Better now than later I figure, so I will mention this darn arm to her also.

Where is my friend Denise today?? Hopefully she is getting some well needed rest.
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:28 AM

Where is Denise? wake up & smell the laundry little buddy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 08:35 AM
How long to wear binder?

Good Morning Gals!
Post op day#15-past the two week mark! yahoo!

Question of the day-How long do you wear your binder? The young Dr that assisted my Dr in surgery said to take it off after 4-5 days because it would weaken the stomach muscles. My experienced nurse said to wear it as long as you can because it will keep your scar from puckering. My mom ( a retired surgery nurse) said to wear it becuase it will help you keep a better shape. So what do you know or think? I have been wearing it only at night to keep me from scratching my incision while asleep. It's itchy!

Mom, daughter and granddaughter are coming over today for lunch. I fixed chicken salad. I'm still watching my diet! Do not eat homemade egg salad (from those leftover easter eggs). Whew! Gas City!

My DH is still home with me and making me behave. I printed the do's and dont's from this website for him for post op weeks 3-4 & 5-6. He doesn't want me to do anything!Tomorrow he has an errand to run and he is taking me with him. I'm kinda excited!

Times like these (being laid up) you really appreciate the small things in life. I have a view of Mt. LeConte (GSMNP) and I love watchning the birds, chipmunks, and squirrels. My DH filled the birdfeeders and cleaned out the bird baths anf filled them with fresh water. I have been throwing out fresh fruit peels and hope they will not attract the bears.

I'm reading the book "Rhett". My mom is a huge "Gone With The Wind" fan and she said it was a good book. My DH,DD, and I watched "Suburban Girl" Tuesday and got to lay next to my 9 1/2 mth granddaughter while she slept. She is so beautiful! She got to set in the grass for the first time and loved it.

I'm still taking cipro for uti and am lots better but not over it. I feel like I have to p all the time. (Of course I do drink alot of water).

I love visting with you all and hope you are taking it easy. We must, even though its getting harder and harder! Have a wonderful day!
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:37 AM

good morning everyone-

Another day...not sure which one but it is another for sure. No big plans or little now that I think about it. It is soooo close to my appt I can smell it. Actually maybe it was me after a night of sweating like a stuck pig...what does the stuck pig mean farm friends ( I am a city girl)

I want to walk and see the chickens..that sounds lovely.

Gonna walk today although walking this time of year in the desert is a drag...snakes just waking up after winter so you have to be on the lookout. I dont support animals without feet. I got rules.

So, four days to freedom I will be patient in my uselessness.
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAETIGGER
Where is Denise? wake up & smell the laundry little buddy!
:::::raising hand::::: I'm here, I'm here. A teeny better today. I had a big outing this morning.....went downstairs, made my own bowl of raisin bran, sat in a chair on the deck for about 5 minutes ate 3 bites of cereal, poured my own iced tea, went back upstairs, then took a nap. :-)

I'm really having an issue with hypersentivity of smells. I asked DH if we could move the ferret cage to the garage and just bring them in a couple of times a day to play. He said it would be okay. So I'm going to get DS and DD to get that done today. If they do that then I can go sit in the family room on the reclining sofa and watch something on the big screen!!!!

DD brought Wendy's for lunch....going to eat something. TTYL girls.

Toodles,
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:06 PM

Wow 2 weeks ladies! It has gone by fast of course not to fast when you think of the pain. I truely love this site! If it wasn't for this site I don't think I would have done so well with my recovery. Thank you each of you for letting me into your lives. Can we still post on this site once we have recovered? I would love to hear how everyone is doing. I look forward to logging on everyday to see how everyone is. Sorry to be emotional maybe I should go change my HRT patch. I hate the generic brand so I paid for the name brand myself-forget the insurance! Talk to you all later.
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:27 PM

Well my body is feeling better, but the energy that I had been gaining is suddenly gone. I'm very tired today even after sleeping 10 hrs. last night. I had a hard time opening my peepers and getting out of bed. My incision stopped draining. I will finish antibiotics on Sunday. My belly button feels weird though.

I go see the doc tomorrow morning. Do I have to go back to work? LOL! I'll probably be back in another week. UGH!

Before surgery I was getting Lupron, last shot 2/13. I would have hot flashes, but no night sweats. Since surgery I've had a few episodes where I wake up wet. Been emotional lately too. A little depressed too. Guess it's a good thing I'm on antidepressants.

I know things will be okay and all will resolve. It's only been 13 days since I had surgery.

I can honestly say the worst part of the whole experience was the bowel prep. I got very sick from the meds they gave me preop. I told the staff before surgery I couldn't wait until they knocked me out...put me out of my misery. LOL! I have a pretty high pain tolerace so everything has been manageable. Percocet is a great drug!

Unread 03-27-2008, 02:53 PM
It's been 2 weeks

It has been 2 weeks sine my hysterectomy. 3/12/2008. Though my initial recovery was absolutley horrible. I am now fantastic. I feel wonderful. Like a new person. I saw my Doctor Tuesday for my post-op they removed the rest of my stitches and my Dr asked if I had had sex yet...I said no... and she said "well you can" I was really shocked because I was originaly was told 4 weeks. But I healed so well and fast. Other than some numbing sensation around my belly button, which she said I might never get back, I swear I haven't felt this good in such a long time. I am glad I made the right decision. NO MORE PERIODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's all behind me now and I can continue with the rest of my life normally. Thank you thank you thank you.
Unread 03-27-2008, 03:00 PM

Well 2 weeks have passed and I'm feeling better and better! I'm learning to listen to my body because it is still healing, just do what I can and leave the rest alone...after all, the world is not going to come to an end if I don't finish laundry or my house is not spotless.

I feel a bit emotional, which was unexpected, but overall really good.

I must say you ladies, have endured so much pain over the years and now have taken this step are amazing! I admire all the strength I see from you and I remain encourage in so many area...Thank you for your strength and bravery!.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register