Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 45 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-27-2008, 06:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Nicole i have noticed the lower back pain today as well. Mine is on the lower left side in the back, hmm I spent almost all day on the recliner. have a good night girls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabug
Anyone able to sleep on their stomach yet?
I can sleep on both sides. I tried to lay on it last night and it hurt NO Way am I ready for that! As for driving my Dr said that the reason I couldn't drive for at least 2 weeks is because of the incision in my vagina. He said that I wouldn't have the strength to slam on the breaks if a child ran in front of my car. I'm not sure what type of hyster you had. I had a LAVH BSO. Maybe you could call your Dr office tomorrow and ask them.
Unread 03-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Long Winded

Hello Ladies
I was out today with my daughter, we got a pedicure, how wonderful thank goodness I had her to take off and put on my socks and shoes.

I'll be travelling by plane this weekend and the doc says it's ok just be careful to get up and walk around a bit as blood clots could still be a concern with sitting in one position for a long time with my legs dangling. It will be a short flight so I am not too concerned.

I had LAVH Mar 13 and had my ovaries removed and figured I start menopausal symptoms the next day. Nothing yet, I have the estrogen patch just in case I need it but I had to have my ovaries out because I am BCRA2 positive which is the breast cancer gene with puts me in the high risk for breast cancer and ovarian cancer, had the uterus and cervix out so I can take ERT if need be with no increased risk of breast cancer and then I can take tamoxifen safely to further reduce my breast cancer risk. I am such a healthy person this has been hard for me. It has taken me two years to finally make this decision.

I read all the struggles you all have had up to, including and after your surgeries and I get mad at myself for whining. But I am having a problem with what I had to have done and I will face as a result of it all due to this gene I apparently carry.

I am not hurting as much - I feel I am healing relatively well, the pampering has somewhat decreased I have to remind dh and dd.

I feel rather down today and am soooo thankful for this site to vent, listen and heal.

What a gift this has been, to blessed with sharing this experience with all you remarkable women.

Take care dear sisters, you all look after so many so well, make sure you really really look after yourselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 06:55 PM

I started driving after about 1 1/2weeks, because I had to get myself to my classes. I never take pain meds before driving, obviously.

But sitting up a long time, whether in a car or chair, is uncomfortable (becomes painful after awhile) so I only get in the car when I HAVE TO.

I drive a Jeep and I find it easier to get into & out of than small, low cars.

You have to do what you have to do. I have to drive, chauffer is not always available!

I also seem to have "turned a corner" today- I am feeling much much better, more like my old self. My energy is coming back, but I still am careful to move slowly and take breaks while dpoing stuff (dusting/painting/cooking) because when i overdo it I feel it BAD the next day.
Anyway, hopefully this is real step forward!
Unread 03-27-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Go up to the top of the page. There are 6 tabs. Go to the "Support" tab then down to "Photos". I posted my photo under the second listing "Hyster Sisters Crown Photo". Not sure if it is up yet but there are pictures of a bunch of different ladies there.
Its so nice to put a pic with the person. You look really good concidering what the heck you have gone through. You go girl.
Unread 03-27-2008, 07:04 PM

Which pic did you see? If it was me with the crown, then that was the right one. If it was me with a big smile on my face and my hair done....that was about six months ago. :-)

But thank you anyway....I appreciate your nice words.
Unread 03-27-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
Which pic did you see? If it was me with the crown, then that was the right one. If it was me with a big smile on my face and my hair done....that was about six months ago. :-)

But thank you anyway....I appreciate your nice words.
It was with you and your crown sitting up in bed.
Unread 03-27-2008, 07:10 PM

I drove one week after.........doc said it might be okay....bad move though. I drove again several days later and was much better. Everything swells and I feel those "rubber bands" in my groin. Hate that feeling. The more I sit, the worse it gets. It is getting better though.
Unread 03-27-2008, 07:12 PM

LOL.....yes, me at my royal best!
Unread 03-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Im A Newbie

Hello Ladies,

Had my TAH on March 13, and came home form the hospital on the 15th. The pain is finally subsiding as of yesterday, still having a little discomfort on the right side. Also a slight discomfort when I have to pee-pee and I also noticed brownish staining after wiping. I called the doctors office today to find out if this is normal or could I possibly have UTI. Anybody else experience this problem? For the most part I am feeling pretty good, went and seen a movie yesterday with my sister-in-law and walked around the mall.
This was one of the best days I have since the surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register