Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 49 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

got the ok to drive....I am gonna go get my peds cured. Gonna take it slow, just down the street. Gonna get dh to take the top off the car-driving and topless doesnt get better than that woohoo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 12:11 PM

Topless?? Shameless hussy!
Unread 03-28-2008, 12:15 PM

Wahahahahaha........that was my plan for the day. Well, not the topless part, I wouldn't subject the kind citizens of Virginia Beach to that. But....oh.....how my peds need to be cured. Not to mention my cuticles are grabbing everything I touch. Oh...and the two inch gray roots.

Idabug....dedicate a toe to me, okay?!

TunaCat....ahhhhh to be a shameless hussy again. <<<sigh>>>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 01:11 PM

Yeah!!! I made it ....2 wks.

I saw my doc today. Told him I went from having energy to no energy and really sleepy. He said "You just had major surgery". LOL, duh! He said the surgery was quite extensive. He said the uterus was stuck to the abdominal wall with scar tissue as well as adhesions to other places. He said it took him 1.5 hrs. to get the uterus unstuck. He said it would've not been any easier if he had opened me up either...said almost just as easy doing it lap. He said he isn't going to tell me when I'm going to feel 100% because everyone heals differently. He said I can go back to work when I want. I have no restrictions except no sex until after next appt. which is in 4 wks. He'll do my yearly pap then. I think I'll return to work in 2 more weeks which will make my leave a total of 4 wks.

I just got up from a nap. I have a baby shower to attend this evening.

Sounds like we're all doing well. It's so nice to have someone to share all this crap with. DH is after all just a guy!
Unread 03-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Tired of being Tired

Well its 16 days since my surgery and I can say I have really good days and really bad days...I feel like something is wrong with me, I see most of you all are improving so well and getting out, painting, sweeping...I can barely walk down my stairs in my house.

I have a strange odor and brownish-pink discharge, it still hurts to pee and low back pain. I'm no where near regular, its frustrating.

Sleeping is okay, except for the night sweats, but I'm tired a lot of the time....Grrr, I'm ready to feel great more of the time.

Still haven't driven, and when I've gone out I start bleeding again or get an increased Swelly Belly....Talk about a whinner...I don't even like that trait.
Unread 03-28-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Bud
Well its 16 days since my surgery and I can say I have really good days and really bad days...I feel like something is wrong with me, I see most of you all are improving so well and getting out, painting, sweeping...I can barely walk down my stairs in my house.

I have a strange odor and brownish-pink discharge, it still hurts to pee and low back pain. I'm no where near regular, its frustrating.

Sleeping is okay, except for the night sweats, but I'm tired a lot of the time....Grrr, I'm ready to feel great more of the time.

Still haven't driven, and when I've gone out I start bleeding again or get an increased Swelly Belly....Talk about a whinner...I don't even like that trait.
I'm right there with you Rose Bud. Sometimes I think it's all in my head so I force myself. I don't mean force myself to go to the store or anything, I mean force myself to go downstairs and get something to drink for myself. Yesterday I was doing great! Had big plans to go get my nails done today. That didn't happen. I woke up this morning bleeding from, God only knows where. Now everything is sore again. I thougth this has got to be psycological. So I forced myself into the shower thinking it would "snap me out of it". Then I tried to sit downstairs in the recliner. It lasted for about 20 minutes. I could not find that "sweet spot" on my bottom that wasn't tender. I hungry but can't eat. I'm tired but can't sleep.

I still don't know if this is physical, psycological, or hormonal. I wish I did know then I would know how to handle it. I am not by nature a whinner either but I sure have made up for it this past three weeks.

Out of the last 18 days, I have yet to have two good days in a row. I think I've probably had one day a week that has been good.

So it's not just you. Trust me. I get so frustrated hearing about those that are out shopping, going back to work, driving, etc. I just want to be able to walk down my stairs and feel comfortable in my own home.
Unread 03-28-2008, 01:54 PM

Hi Ladies! Hi Rose Bud I had my LAVH on the same day as you & I'm not driving yet either.My follow up is Tues the 1st.I did get to go out got the pedicure & manicure today.The pedi was fine but I was getting tired of sitting by the manicure time.Still it was good to get out,Now I'm looking forward to getting out on my own driving myself that is but Im waiting til the dr oks it.Good to hear everyone is progressing along.some of you make me feel guilty, closest I have come to housework is light cooking & washing dishes,I figure I have the rest of my life to resume chores.I will "recover" while it is an option!
Unread 03-28-2008, 02:08 PM

Good point, we do have the rest of our lives to do chores...plus this is the only hysterectomy we will have so we should take advantage of any pampering we get.

I feel uncomfortable in my skin so the things I think I want to do are not very enjoyable.

I'm going to push myself a bit more, I think I have to find a way to give myself permission to rest, read, or in my case take a stand break because the sitting is so very uncomfortable...and be okay with that.

Day by Day...Week by Week...Glory to Glory.
Unread 03-28-2008, 02:39 PM

Well, I sit a while & when it gets to pinching I walk around a bit & I lay & read some.I feel more & more like my cat!!!Which is why I go out if I can catch a ride.I am hearing it is supposed to be nice tomorrow & I hope so I am sick of cold I wanna walk around right here dont need to drive or ask anyone for a ride but it got cold again today.
Unread 03-28-2008, 02:40 PM

So what is it with the sweets-junk food? I never eat this crap and all I want is brownies, chocolate cake, twinkies & ice cream on a daily basis? I lost 10 lbs since my surgery but if I keep eating like this I'm going to get huge! Is anyone else craving these types of foods? Do you think that it is because they are comfort foods?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register