Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Hey all...happy st patricks day. Haven't cried in a day yipee..I am trying to be a compliant patient. Havent moved in days.

Cant wait to concentrate on you talking to you guys so my stuff is set aside for abit.

Anyone having trippy vivid dreams???? Enough already
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 11:31 AM

One week after TAH/BSO and went and had staples removed this am. Ride to doc's office pretty stuff. Felt good to get the staples removed and found out about path report. All ok other than uterus was huge.
Last week three days in hospital and then home went well, could not lay in the bed so the recliner became my new friend. Pain meds worked well except when I would forget and reach or push something. You remember real fast! I am retaining water but doc says normal, says to get out and walk more ths week and should be ok. All in all feeling good and glad it's done. Still having a bit of problem with gas and lack of bm's.
Wishing all a smooth recovery.
Dolphingal
Unread 03-17-2008, 11:52 AM
one day at a time

one week post op. this time last week they were bringing me up to my room from the surgery. tah. each day gets a little better in some respect. like someone wrote before 3 days forward 2days back. i went to my grandsons birthday party yesterday and today i feel i need to rest from it. just take it easier. but i just got a call from my sis who suggest i can take a ride with her to go look for an adominal binder. i'm too weak to do that no matter how much my belly is hanging on my incision.

#1 my advice for those learning that they are having this done is, the more weight you lose before the surgery the less fat you'll have that will be aching after the surgery. you'll be able to get up and walk around slowly but when you're warming a bowl of soup and making a slice a toast everything starts to burn around the belly. it feels like you just got burnt from someone putting a clothing iron on your belly. ouch. what immediately relieves this is if you lift your belly. what makes it better is if you put an ice pack on it. (and i thought people were talking about having ice packs to get rid of the hot flashes from having ovaries removed) anyway, back to what i was saying. basically, once you've made your soup and toast it's kind of hard to get it back to your recliner when all you want to do is hold your belly and grab your ice pack. (i was 5'4" 157lbs before surgery)

#2 by cough drops. when the air is dry and you get a little tickle the burn inside the belly comes back from coughing too much even with little coughs. and always have a bottle of water with you. and if you tend to have allergies and sneeze a lot, make sure you have your allergy medication and check with your doc to make sure you can take it with your other meds because a sneeze is the worst.

#3 even if the phillips isn't working the 1st day, keep taking it. and don't be surprized if once it starts to work if you end up having a bm with every urination. and you'll have alot of urinating going on because you'll want to eat like with liquids and with foods that move easily through the colon.

#4 speaking of the colon, when you roll over in bed it feels like your belly is a rain stick. a rain stick is a tube with a maze inside and with beads in it. when it's stood upright the beads are on the bottom and when you flip it over so the bottom is now on top, the beads are also, so the beads proceed to move their way through the maze (your colon) down to the bottom.

#5 when you leave the hospital you'll most likely be on pain medication, for some reason the doesn't help when your back muscles tense up on the way home because you're now sitting differently or because you've cletched every muscle tight incase your driver needs to stop quickly.

i'm getting tired i'll write more later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 12:14 PM
TAH March 13th

Hi all, home from the hospital yesterday and feeling not so bad today. I am alittle tired but all in all things went well. I have had only one T3 today as the pain has been minimal. I feel tired and am doing my best to get lots of rest. Started taking stool softner today as no BM yet. Gas pain was limited in the hospital so I was grateful for that. Wishing everyone a speedy recovery!
Unread 03-17-2008, 12:59 PM

Today is day 4 of recovery, I though I was pretty pain free until this morning. I missed a dose of meds at 2am, last being 2 percosets 10pm last night which knocked me out cold. Woke up at 6:45 feeling like my insides were removed... oh yeah they were! Wow it hurt like the dickens and quickly took my meds, the rest of the day has been so-so, resting alot.

I do not feel the urge to urinate but go every hour due to bladder starting to hurt. I had a bladder sling so nothing unexpected.
Unread 03-17-2008, 03:14 PM

Wow this is the first time since my TAH, I havent felt like I was in a fog. Of course I just slept all day so that may have helped. I had my TAH and TVT done on the 12th at 7am. I was in alot of pain and because I had the TVT I ended up coming home and DH had to cath me every 4 hours. There were a few things that happened in the hospital that were funny, now not so much at the time. Apparently right after they brought me out I was really out of it and the nurse was asking me if I wanted turkey for dinner and if I was going home at noon the 13th. Oh and the best was if I was abused and I said "Yes, my kids abuse me aall the time" Then the nurse was trying to show DH how to cath me and she was shoving it into my Clitoris!!!!!!!!! I started yelling Dh was telling her she was in the wrong spot. So I got a new nurse. And the last funny thing was Dh was doing another cath and this nurse opens the door and says "what are you doing?" And just stands there with the door open DSH said "she has to have a cath every 4 hours to see how she's emptying" all this while THE DOOR is OPEN finally the nurse says "oh You must be her husband" Like there was some strange man running around the floor cathing random women!

My surgery went well my bladder was encased in scar tissue and now it can expand like it is supposed to. I was able to keep both ovaries! I have been having a few hot slashes I this it is from the pain meds. I am on neperdine and a bladder pain relief pill. I havent had any trouble with my bowels as soon as I was home I went, I am still taking a colace after I eat dinner to keep from getting constipated. I get the burning in my incisions all the time. I also have internal stiches. and glue on the outside. My follow up is next week. Today I feel good!
Unread 03-17-2008, 03:24 PM
I had a BM today!!

Feeling a little better, but going to continue taking the stool softeners until things are back to normal. I've been a bit sore today and tired. Overall I think things are going well. I took Motrin this morning since I was having a friend over for lunch. She brought me Panera I was really sore after another BM this afternoon so I took 2 Percocet and now I'm comfortable. I also took a 1.5 hr. nap after my friend left.

Michelle
Unread 03-17-2008, 06:39 PM

TAH and BSO 3/11 due to fibroids and left ovary attatched to my colon. Much better today, just having to take a lot of naps. The gas was the worst, but now that is better too. Just taking it a day at a time.
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:17 PM

Isn't it wonderful that we have a place to go that we can celebrate the really important things in life.....like.....having a successful BM!!!! LOL I had my first one yesterday and it was actually the best thing I remember from yesterday.

The pain really got the best of me yesterday. It had me in tears at least four different times. I actually stopped doing one thing the dr told me to do and I'm actually feeling soooo much better . She told me to keep the spincteroplasty site dry as much as possible because it is an open wound that has a lot of healing to do. She had told me to use a blow dryer to keep myself dry. So I did. I must have dried myself out too much because I felt like I tore through stitches and was bleeding all day yesterday. I had ripping burning pain all day and night for almost two full days. Finally, today I stopped doing the blow drying thing. I clean with the peri-bottle every time I use the bathroom then pat with a flushable wipe (just the external parts) and then use two pads, which I change often. So I'm keeping it clean, just not as dry as I probably should. But the difference is absolutely like night and day. If it wasn't for the fact I ended up with a nasty headache I would have had to take any Percocet since 12 noon today. No I feel great. Still very sore, tired, swollen, etc. but it is manageable.

Tomorrow I have to go the dr for a wound check.....then I think I'll even try hanging out in the family room in the recliner. It will be the first time in a week I haven't been in bed!!!!!

Hugs to all.
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:21 PM
recpvery day 6

Oh......my.......gosh..........I feel like a million bucks!

No pain meds today and my bowels are (knock on wood) officially awake again. Prune juice and a shot of Milk of Magnesia is a Godsend! I never thought I'd ever be so excited about a bowel movement ever.

It's strange.....you never really know how much you're hurting, until you don't hurt anymore.

So....this is me, feeling great but trying to keep things in perspective and not do too much too soon. That would be a mistake.

Take care ladies and best wishes to everyone in their recoveries. We're gonna make it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register