Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 58 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

16 days postop now and I am feeling pretty good today. I have gotten plenty of sleep these past few days. The weather is finally getting nicer. I am sure I'm doing too much today. At least I can relax tomorrow when the kids are in school.
Hope all of you are having a good day too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2008, 12:00 PM
It's been awhile

I haven't posted for a few days, it's good to check in. I'm away from home., No I didn't run away. Away with DH at a conference. Great to see old friends and everyone is so kind and the pampering is wonderful. The past two days though I have been on my feet so much that this morning I am totally pooped. Just resting. I have been having hot flashes, cold chills, and creepy feelings under my skin. Weird. Usually when I sleep. Sleep is still uncomforatble and I wake up so much to pee. Belly is slowly going down, I call it my cauliflower belly. I am not yet back in my jeans - I could be but refuse to be even slightly uncomfortable. I love the idea of maternatity capris - smart lady !!!!
Hang in there ladies and looking after ourselves must be our highest priority.

There should be a fund for us for cleaning ladies and caterers!! I think that would very helpful for recovery don't you!!!

Unread 03-30-2008, 12:08 PM

Well, I finally did it. I finally got out and got my nails done. I wish I could say I feel sooooo much better but I don't. My nails look pretty though. :-)

As far as my 20 yo goes....he was on his own but then he married his highschool sweatheart strait out of bootcamp and now she doesn't want to be married anymore. Of course not, she married him, got fired from her job, and now he got stuck paying all the bills, rent, etc. But he can't live at the apt. because of the separation papers that he had drawn up and she won't sign. She won't sign because she has all of the benefits that being a Navy spouse brings. But it won't be forever. Six months from now the divorce will go through whether she likes it or not and she'll have nothing. The Navy says until they get an actual divorce he has to give her 1/3 of his gross pay. She he still has to pay the rent on the apt. What she does for the rest of the bills is up to her. So I'm praying that after a month or two she'll either sign the papers or move out and give my son his apt. back. So anyway....he's had a taste of freedom and now living back under our roof.....but he doesn't even have the respect to check in once in awhile. We keep telling him to go move into the barracks but he just makes excuses. Anyway.....I haven't seen him in two days. I know he's been working but other than that I have no idea where he's been or what he's been doing. Disrespect, it bugs me more than anything.

Anyhow......I got my nails done and I'm happy. Exhausted and sore but happy. Now I know how long I can tolerate sitting, which isn't long. So, I think I'm going to have to put off getting my hair done for a bit longer. But who knows....maybe come Tuesday, I'll be brave. :-) So for now, I'm back in bed resting for the remainder of the day.

HysterHugs to all.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2008, 12:16 PM

Hello how is everyone doing today? I'm really tired today. We had friends come over for drinks of course I didn't drink. I sat outside for a few hours by our firepit. I'm also on this site a lot and my DH just laughs. I think this site has helped me to recover! Being able to talk to other women who are going through the same thing at the same time really is a blessing! Thank you hystersisters!
Unread 03-30-2008, 12:17 PM

Congradulations Denise, I know when I got mine done I got sick of sitting but it does make you feel better when you are at home lookin at your pretty fingers & toes. I have a 20 yr old son to.Be thankful yours is in the Navy at least! My son & I are close but since he was 14 checking in has seemed very irrelevent to him.I have actually thought of hiding from him for a few days & letting him worry to see if that would teach him,but figure time teachs everyone eventually.He lives with my daughter & her fiance & my new grandson about 10 mins from my house.I pay rent for them since he fiance is in his last yr of engineering school,& his parents pay the car payment & insurance.So my daughter,she is like a little Bull she makes him check in with her if he doesnt she texts him til he does& he does cause he doesnt have free texts!
Unread 03-30-2008, 12:39 PM

This is the best site ever! I love seeing what everyone is doing and how most peoples children don't behave either, I am not alone. What a difference between sons and daughters for me. my DD will dote on me and help, hmmm my DS will continue to ask me to ...make him food, get him socks, get him a shirt blah blah blah. I do love them so.mine are DD15 and DS13, DSGD(Step grand daughter)5 she does not live with us any more. TG. I am feeling i just need to clean, clean, clean....
Unread 03-30-2008, 01:05 PM

I was just reading all the posts from yesterday.You ladies do crack me up.It is fun recovering with you.I didn't make it to the rummage sale , It was 9am til 1pm. I got there at like 2pm.....Oh well we rented movies & got icecream & syrup from the grocery store & watched two movies & ate too much ice cream.I also walked in the park on the cold sunny day.It was a good walk but I was not prepared, all of the other parkwalkers had on ear muffs or hats, so my ears got winded & I woke up with one hurting.Considering I hadn't done any real outdoor walking I was glad that was all that hurt.
I go to the Doc tues & should be able to drive!!!! Wooooooooo Weeeeeeeee I prefer to indoor walk,like as in malls,bookstores,thrift stores.But my boyfriend has his limits.
Also lookin forward to some time bumming around with my daughter.She has the blues feeling like she only gets out to go to work because she has the baby.He will be three months old 4/5.He is the cutest little guy.And I love watching her be a Mom,love it!!!!This is the girl who would baby sit and pay her brother part of her money to change the baby diapers because there is no way she could do that.Fortunately she does it now.My grandson is the smiliest little creature I have seen.And I havent seen him nearly enough since this surgury!!!
Unread 03-30-2008, 01:19 PM

I think that I've watched every movie made on LMN. I never thought I would say this but I'm sick of TV! Anyone else?
Unread 03-30-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
I think that I've watched every movie made on LMN. I never thought I would say this but I'm sick of TV! Anyone else?
Yep, definitely sick of T.V. I started reading a new book yesterday but I just don't have the focus to stay on it. I play a lot of Cakemania, Webkinz, and Dogz on my laptop. I feel like my brain is shrinking. All of this time seems so wasted. I'm the type of person that I constantly like learning new things and keeping my brain working.....but this recovery is taking a toll on my brain cells. I spend half my time wondering if the pain and the way I feel is psycological and the other half trying not to be depressed. I get less and less motivated everyday. Everything seems to be an effort. I don't want to be that way. I am very disappointed in myself.

Oh, but the questions was: Anybody else sick of t.v.???? YUP.....very sick of t.v.
Unread 03-30-2008, 01:50 PM

Yep, TV I am sick of, except for today it is RACE day, so at least I have that to watch and read about how everyones days are going today. I am laying in bed, on the computer and watching the race. We have to leave in about an hour to meet with the real estate agent (making an offer on a house) and I know that will be tiring but I think I can make it. Just got off the phone with a GF and I kept telling her was I am tired of being tired, she knows what I am going through, she just had hers last year. She just kept reminding me not to push the recovery or I will be sorry. Sooooo here I lay doing nothing like I have done nearly everyday for the last 2 weeks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register