Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Hi all, well I had my first BM - dear god in heaven talk about painful!!! Thank god I'm now on the stool softner as I could not imagine going thru that again. Well one step further to getting better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 07:33 PM

I know it sounds gross but here is what my doc gave me and my first BM was very easy. So easy in fact I had two more late in the day. That was day 6 postop.

1 tbls. mineral oil at bedtime. (Tastes gross but do it like a shot and chase it with something). Also, she gave me something called a "red robin". It's a big syringe with a log red tube. You use it to insert warm water into the rectum right before the bm and it basically induces it without any straining. She also gave me two mineral oil Fleet enemas but I didn't really notice that made a difference. I only used about 1/2 of one. You may want to ask your doc about the "red robin" . Oh, I'm also on a stool softener twice a day.

Good luck.
Unread 03-17-2008, 08:14 PM

March 13th was my big day and I had a TVH, luckily with no complications and limited pain. My only issue in the hospital was with the narcotics they gave me after they took me off the pain pump. The narcotics made me so naseaus that I chose not to take them, and am sticking with Alleve.
The biggest issue I have encountered is being tired all the time and getting my energy back. Slowly it's coming back but I don't remember ever being tired. I know that with time it will all be good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 09:14 PM

Hi, everyone.

Today is my first full day home from the castle. I had my TAH on Friday, 3/14 and was released from the hospital early Sunday afternoon.

I'm feeling pretty good. I need help getting out of bed because it is so high off the ground. Thank God my husband is so supportive...I feel terrible waking him up in the middle of the night. He is so sweet and is so reassuring.

I go to my doctor's office tomorrow to have my staples removed (ouch - not looking forward to that). Overall, I feel so much better now that they have removed my uterus (it was huge due to fibroids). I'm looking forward to being able to sleep on my stomach. I can only sleep on my back now (least favorite position) and it is so sore!

I guess I better get up and walk around a little...I'll check in on you all later!
Unread 03-18-2008, 06:49 AM

6 days post op from tah. I overdid it on day 4 because both kids, spouses & granddaughter visited and I wanted to show them how well I was doing, I stayed on the couch all day yesterday. Watched Forrest Gump, its great! I've also been watching HSN and QVC ( the closest to shopping we can get for a while) but not spending any money. Daughter came by with 9 month old grandaughter yesterday and I just grab and hug (while someone else is holdiong her) and get all the sugar I can. Have had 3 bms in am past 2 days. Diet consists of activia yogurt, apple, grape, and prune juice, salad, italian ice and popsicles, apples, applesauce. I had a rueben from Arbys on fri-ate 1/2 for lunch and 1/2 for supper, it was sooo good but I paid that evening with gas pains that I rocked away. I learned rocking (and boy can I rock fast) is best when I had 2 c-sections. I printed off the post op excersises and will start them today. I got all my spring cleaning finished before surgery so I don't have to worry about being behind. I am a busy person and it is very hard to be still and heal. It is a must. Overdoing it can be critical down the road. My scar tissue from c-sections had entertwined and wrapped around my utuerus. This new scar tissue can wrap around other organs if I don't behave. Do not lift push, pull, tug, or even scoot things with your legs. This is really hard for me, but I am just so happy that I won't have 33 day periods and cramps anymore. I'm in mid 40's and have dealt with that for the past 4 years. Can't wait to get well and work in my flower beds and go camping. Post op appt is 4-10-08. probably should take the full 6 weeks instead of just 4 like I planned. It is really going to be hard to behave like I know that I should for that long and then some. Have numb but goota go will check in later.Happy healing to all my hystersisters.
Unread 03-18-2008, 07:36 AM
my update

Had a rough night last night, so I plan on sleeping a lot today. Insomnia, night sweats, etc. Other than that, doing alright. Not liking the painful bms. Hoping that will clear up soon.
Unread 03-18-2008, 08:58 AM
da Vinci BSO

I found the da Vinci infromation on this site, watched the video of the procedure, and will be forever grateful. I had my surgery on March 14th was home on the 15th and am trying to "lay low" and go through the recovery process. Going through the "gas pains" and some swelling have been my biggest challenges. Pain meds were necessary for the first 24 hours at home. Tylenol is my drug of choice right now...not bad huh!
The GYN boys that had my case recommended the traditional open abdominal surgery until I escaped their grips and did my own research and thanks to this site found daVinci and a great surgeon.
Unread 03-18-2008, 10:38 AM

I am glad to hear everyone is on their way to recovering well. I am day 5 post-op and got in trouble this morning with DH. I was walking around downstairs and started cleaning...lightly as I was making my way through. I told me to GO TO BED... I know but it's hard not picking up that piece of paper and throw it in the trash!

Pain is under control as long as I take my meds. I am having terribles nightmares from the meds, I think and having sweats even though the upstairs is at 50'... really my DH fled for downstairs! At the hospital I had the room temp turned down to 50 too. I kept my ovaries so maybe they are in hibernation.

Sweet dreams to all!
Unread 03-18-2008, 10:53 AM

I am exhausted, i could barely get out of bed at 11am. i was getting sore just lying there. i have work friends coming over at 2:30 so maybe that will perk me up. i have felt good but am very tired today. oh well we will carry on! have a good day.
Unread 03-18-2008, 12:02 PM

Today marks my 1 week post-op SAH and mini tummy tuck (basically, she sewed together the abdominal muscles that were separated during my pregnancy, and cleaned up scar tissue under my C-section site.
Today i feel better than i have all week, although I was very tired after going to my post-op Dr appt., then breakfast out as a treat for my "chauffer".
My GYN remined me again NOT to even tink of going to the gym for another 6-8 weeks. She emphasized the healing process i struly critical and we must pamper ouselves right now.
So, nap time for me, while chauffer does the grocery shopping!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register