Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 62 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoler76
HAHA.... Denise you will be keeping the fort here. I have a doctor's appointment at 1:45 but I bet it will take me most of the morning to get ready.
::::sigh:::::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2008, 07:57 PM

One more day down..,...went to SAMS club which was some serious walking and now I am really sore. Nice easy day though....I am so sick of tv too. friends gave me all the seasons for desperate housewives so I have been zoning on that which has been amusing as I am not really a tv person other than the surgery channel which I am addicted to.

No sign of son this weekend. turned 21 the day before my surgery so my guess is he is practicing being a new adult...funny how I still worry when I haven't heard from him.

time to rest again- see ya in the morning.....sleep my friends
Unread 03-30-2008, 08:00 PM

I am having a doctor's appointment tomorrow at 11:00. I hope she says that I can drive. I feel so locked up and I can't do anything. I think what I might do is have my hair cut.

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2008, 08:35 PM

After a hard day herding my teenager and helping paint & prepare the rental apartment, I am in bed with a dose of percocet.

I started getting a sharp pain in the lower left abdomen, decided I have done enough for the day, and crawled into bed with some exciting reading materials (not)
Contract Law
If THIS doen't put me to sleep, nothing will ; )

G'nite, ladies
Unread 03-30-2008, 10:16 PM

Well I'm up! Kind of quiet here today. I did some housework today. My lil one has a fever. I wish the kids would stop getting sick. Not much going on around here. Thinking about painting my bedroom and master bath sometime while I'm off. I hate painting though. Guess I'm getting bored. Tired of TV, playing webkinz, and surfing the net. The weather hasn't been nice enough to get out. Been feeling a bit depressed and lonely. Hopefully it passes soon. I moved to OH almost 2 yrs. ago and I really miss my friends and my home in MI. It's OK here. I wish I could just forget it, but being "here" just doesn't feel right. Will it ever? I have so much I want to do, but no money to do it. Feel like life is at a standstill. And then there is taxes coming up....I owe everyone! It stinks. I guess it could be worse.

My neighbor brought over ravioli she made for us to have for dinner tomorrow. Very nice!

I'm planning on going back to work in 2 wks. UGH! I'm looking forward to getting back to normal, but not necessarily all that comes with it...LOL!
Unread 03-30-2008, 11:53 PM

Hello insomnia.
It is 1:40 am and I woke up, just like it's Christmas morning, wide awake!

Michelle, I feel for you- I know the cost of living is much less in neighboring states but I just cannot bring myself to move, I am just too rooted and it would never feel like home anywhere else.

I also never completed my taxes... got so anxious thinking about my surgery and doing all the preparation ahead of time for it, so now that is something that I need to take care of SOON.

p.s. I love to paint- want some help with your master bed & bath? LOL!

I find painting relaxing, and the easiest and cheapest way to freshen up decor. I love to cook and decorate.

Two nights ago i cooked my first meal since surgery, just a simple meatloaf & mashed potatoes and my son & boyfriend were so happy, you would think it was gourmet. I guess the Costco frozen dinners they've been surviving on are not exactly scrumptious... and I don't really have much appetite, just into chocolate right now ; )

Mkay, will go study some Contract law, that should help me get back to sleep... sigh...
Unread 03-31-2008, 01:29 AM

So I did a major no-no just now. I picked up my 3 yo... she was standing up, crying and peeing in her bed. I'm all tired and about to attempt going to bed when I hear her screaching and "run" in and see her. So without even thinking I picked her up at arms length and then remembered I wasn't supposed to do that... opps. Luckily I didn't feel any mega pulling or pain. I quickly put her down, soaked socks and all onto the carpet. Eww. I don't know what's gotten into her lately, this is the 2nd time she's peed the bed in 3 nights. She didn't pee in bed when we potty trained her. Weird. So we'll see what comes of this Faux Pas, hopefully nothing.

I don't have an appointment until 6 weeks post-op. It seems that everything is going fine and I really don't have any Q's for him. So no big. I'm actually looking forward to some more chillin' around the house. Although tomorrow my DS6 should be heading back to school, he won't be cuz he spent all day on the couch with a fever sleeping. (he just got up around 12:30am for some food then back to bed)
Ah well.
Unread 03-31-2008, 01:53 AM
Setback

I thought things were going well, it's been two weeks. Dr prescribed MacroBID (nitrofuantoin) for a bladder infection and after two days I had a horrible reaction to it. Fever, chills, pain all over, breathing problems... have a new antibiotic now and hope it goes soon, it's been over 24 hrs thought and the fever comes back every four hrs when the acetaminaphen wears off.

I had been up in the morning doing a bit of activity, nothing too heavy I thought. Felt like I might start having a life soon - then bang. Friend said it takes a ton of bricks to get me to relax and take it easy.

No more bricks please...
Unread 03-31-2008, 02:13 AM

Wow ladies - this common thread of insomnia is really something. I have people telling me my mind is too busy and I need to "unfocus" - my answer is that the ovaries and their resident hormones are struggling to figure out the new lay of the land. I haven't posted a lot myself, but have read lots of what you have all been posting and am relieved to know that we are all in the same place.

I am post 3 weeks this Wed. managing to get around quite well, though hit that wall of haze and extreme exhaustion easily. I think the cabin fever is almost the worst part - makes me very, very edgy. I too am sick of the web surfing, reading, and general inactivity between adventures in the bathroom.

In all I think we are truly (fingers crossed) on the mend. Greetings to you all from sunny South Africa.
Unread 03-31-2008, 05:48 AM

Good Mornin Ladies! Hope everyone had a good Sunday!

I cooked breakfast yesterday for DH! How much does a cast iron skillet weigh? How long can we not lift over 5 lbs? 6 weeks?

DH and I went to DD's for a cookout and played the game Rock Band. I was the drummer which involved sitting up straight so I could use the foot pedal. My DH was the guitarist. We played 4-5 times and got throwed out of the band, but it was fun. Enjoyed getting to hug and kiss almost 10 mth old grandaughter. She is soooo precious! DS & girlfriend did not get to come, he is sick with a virus. Was gone 2 1/2 hours. Didn't think I was tired- WRONG! Came home, hit the couch, fell asleep in the middle of the disgusting Big Brother, which I may not watch anymore after this season. Woke up at 5:30 a.m. and here I am.
Yes, I too am tired of watching t.v.
I love reading about how everyone is doing. I had several sharp burning pains yesterday in abdomen, must be stitches...? I have sympathy for those of you with little ones, I don't know how you do it! My 2 are 15 1/2 months apart (ages 26 & 27 now)and it can get tough! Hang in there! I also sympathize with those that have teenagers. Been there done that. Have an angel in DD and wonderful DS but he put us thru it in the teenage years!

I'm calling the Doctor today. I have several ?'s. I'll let ya know what I find out.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday and don't overdo it! I'll check in later today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register