Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 63 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-31-2008, 05:59 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Well, I woke up at 0600 with the ds and dh. He stayed over last night so he could take the ds to school. (We're separated.) So that was helpful. I haven't been given the okay to drive and I hate to make my mom get up to take them. Plus dd has my SUV and I don't think I can sink down into my mom's little Saturn and get back out again without some struggle. God forbid, ds takes the bus! I've tried and he fights me everytime. So I give up and give in. Probably why my kids are so spoiled and out of control.

Anyhow....no real plans for today. I emailed my boss to see what he needed from the doc so that I can work 10-20 hours a week from home. I'm lucky that I have that luxury. But I got an Out of Office reply. He's on vacation this week. So I'll have to find other ways to keep myself occupied this week. I do have taxes to work on. DH tried but gave up. Not rocket science.....pretty straightforward. So, I'll probably do that today.

Feeling okay. Considering all the procedures I had physically I think I'm doing extremely well, now. I wish I could say the same for my emotional state. Something I will be taking up with my dr. on Wednesday.

I'm kinda wanting to do a little shopping, but no cash so that'll have to wait. I am going to get my hair done tomorrow. Mom is giving me a get well gift and paying for it, which I thought was really nice.

Well, it's 8:00 a.m. and there really isn't anything to do around here. I'm debating whether or not to snuggle down in bed and try to sleep or wander around the house and find something to do. B-O-R-E-D-O-M!

Hope everyone has a good day. I'll be checking back later.

HysterHugs to you all,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2008, 06:18 AM

I just sent my DH and my 2 DS off to school and work. I have another day to myself. I seem to try to do to much when they are here. I am very tired of TV and Movies. I finished a book and now I am thinking about what else I could do around the house. I need to go through my files and shred material that isn't needed anymore and put pictures into picture albums so I guess that will be productive.

Dr's appt at 11 today. I hope she tells me I can drive. I am still having difficulty emptying my bladder and have bladder spasms. Hope she can give me some answers.

Have a great day.
Unread 03-31-2008, 06:27 AM
Legal action

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaCat
After a hard day herding my teenager and helping paint & prepare the rental apartment, I am in bed with a dose of percocet.
Tunacat - Isn't there something we can do legally to make teenagers helpout. Keep studying - there must be something!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2008, 06:43 AM

I slept through the entire night , with the exception of trips to the bathroom twice. DD's (age 16 & 17) are back home and back to their usual late night activities: arguing (discussions, they call it), every light in the house on, late showers, doing laundry to late in the evening, just lots of noise. My mood is a little improved, not sure why, by pleased. Girls are going back to school, I have a Phy. Therapy appt. this morning. It rained the whole stinkin' day yesterday and it looks like a repeat today. But at least I'm getting out of the house. I want to go somewhere fun.....but I'm not going to overdo it. I have some scrapbooking I need to do, but not really in the mood. It reminds me of when my girls were young (the best time) and I can't deal with it, because they're growing up now. What is it with this up and down stuff? One minute they are driving me crazy and the next I'm in tears because they're growing up. Is it hot in here? All of a sudden, I am sweating..........hormones anyone????????
Unread 03-31-2008, 06:50 AM
Teenagers, insomnia, etc.

Jumblejee, back in the BAD old days children and wives were chattel, personal property that men could abuse.

You have heard of the rule of thumb? That comes from the old English common law that a man could beat his wife with a stick no wider than his thumb.

So, I shall refrain from smacking him as times have changed!

I just threaten to send him to live with his father and THAT usually makes him take notice- he knows he has it good here, and he couldn't give his father the "attitude" that he gives me and get away with it.

Ladies, here is today's agenda:

1. Paint front door a gorgeous cornflower blue, which makes me happy and makes me believe Spring is here despite the chill in the New England air.

2. Nap

3. Study some more Contract Law, maybe another 20 pages... then go to the bar review lecture tonight, which should be utterly fascinating. (at least riding in the car is not so uncomfortable now)

** p.s. I got an email from my nurse friend, who tells me that insomnia is a result not only of hormones but also anesthesia, which first sedates the brain and then stimulates it. She says I will be feeling fantastic in about A YEAR!

kill self?
Unread 03-31-2008, 07:34 AM

I have a suggestion about the sleep. If anyone knows why this may be a bad idea please feel free to let me know. I don't want to do anything that will be harmful to myself or anyone else.

There is something over the counter called "percogesic" I take one and it helps me sleep. I don't feel drugged the next day. Might want to just take a half. It isn't a sleeping pill. I get it at walgreens around the tylenol section.
Unread 03-31-2008, 08:36 AM

Melatonin is good for sleep. I've gotten into a bad sleep pattern being off. Got to get readjusted.

Well my lil one has a fever and sore throat. UGH!! I woke up at 6 am feeling nauseated, but I'm fine now. Go figure.

It's warmer outside today, but rainy. I guess it's spring...LOL!

Watched Enchanted last night...very cute. Tried to watch Atonement the other night....boring. Now we have Mariposa to watch....this is what you get to watch when the kiddos are home. Of course I think I've seen all the things on Lifetime and LMN.

I'm feeling better day by day. Starting to feel a pulling sensation in rt. abd. area, but it's okay.

This weekend I'll probably visit with family 2.5 hrs. away and do a little shopping in some Amish stores. Ought to get me out of the house a little while.

I was quite surprised that my doc at my 2 wk. checkup said I had no restrictions except no sex. When I had my lap chole last yr. I couldn't lift anything over 10 lbs. for 2 wks. then she said nothing really heavy for 6 wks. I went back to work 10 days after and felt fine.

Tunacat, good luck with the Bar exam. One of my friends from HS is an attorney in DC/VA area. She went to law school at Northeastern.

If y'all haven't figured it out by my username....I'm a nurse. I work in the NICU with the lil babies. It's very rewarding. Thankfully it's kind of slow at work right now so I'm not missing much.

Hope everyone is healing well, keeping themselves occupied, and not eating too much CHOCOLATE.
Unread 03-31-2008, 08:41 AM

a year TunaCat? please say it isn't so.
Unread 03-31-2008, 08:54 AM

Hello Hyssissa.

Hoe is die weer daar in Klerksdorp vandag?

I just had to say greetings and well wishes to my fellow S'African!!!
Unread 03-31-2008, 09:25 AM

Hi Nicole,
Dankie, and good wishes to you too!!

Must admit I am an American transplant to SA though. Actually from right outside NYC in Westchester, but most recently West Hartford, CT.

It was lovely and warm this morning, but cloudy and cool now. Winter is on the horizon, with that smell of coal fires in the late afternoon and brisk evenings upon us.

I have to tell you - the fact that I understood what you were asking gives me hope here in the NWP. Where did you live before emigrating?

Came back from the US on the 7th - TAH on the 12th here in Klerkdorp, has been a whirlwind - body clock complicating things I am sure. But so happy to be back in the warmth vs. the snow and freezing temps of Connecticut in Feb.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register