Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Another day...

Well I've made it through another day. I've been uncomfortable today and tired. Just taking it easy today. I wish I could go through the day not feeling so tired. I honestly feel like most of my discomfort is from my bowels regulating. I still have some gas as well. I've managed to have 2 BM's today. I've been taking simethicone, colace, motrin, and percocet. Today I've only had one dose of percocet and one dose of Motrin. It's been really boring too. Today it's rainy and gloomy so I'm sure that isn't helping.

Hopefully each day gets better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Well ladies today marks my one week post op. And let me tell you I feel pretty good other then the little bit of pain that I have. I have pretty much stopped taking my meds except when I go to bed. ( I move alot in my sleep)
Went with the DH today to do some running around he did most of the running I slowly walked behind.
Have plans on going out to the store to do a little food shopping later. I can not wait to be able to jump in the car and go. I am so not one just to sit at home and not do anything. It is driving me crazy not being able to pick up anything.
I hope you all are doing good! and look forward to talk to you all soon
Unread 03-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Hanging In

It is day 5 and this morning hurt the most - I didn't want to get out of bed. Sharp pain on my right. When I walk I feel like my insides are jiggly and about to fall out. I had a very small BM but was very greatful. I had my ovaries removed and am waiting for hot flashes to attack me - no signs yet. I'm cold today. It's snowing outside where I am and I am happy to be indoors. Taking it easy, I feel like I could do more but I am terified of overdoing it. Hang in there ladies - let's explore boredom. By the sounds of it, it doesn't seem like many of us have that word in our vocabulary. I'm grateful for this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 12:58 PM

nice to see everyone sounding so much better. I just got back from the dr. says I am doing great. I know that I need to just keep taking it easy but I feel much better, a little more like myself. Every moment changes for me aches move around pain shifts to a differrent area.

pathology came back great no surprised just severe ademyhosis or whatever said that I was bleeding into the lining, each one getting more and more build up.

last hurdle is for me to deal with thyroid which showed up in a scan. want to fix me before I go back to work. I sure feel validated knowing that my medical stuff was not in my head- as I often do. I amy finally feel better.....Yipee
Unread 03-18-2008, 04:36 PM
LVH w/ cervix 3/14

Came home yesterday, 3/17.

Surgery seemed to go well, but came out with tachicardia and some confusion about what was going on. Turned out that i was bleeding out. Second trip to OR took care of all bleeds. Transfused 6 units of blood! Lots of salts and minerals replaced to protect heart and rid me of extremely low blood pressure.

Nonetheless, I currently feel great! They took extremely fibroided uterus and cervix, tidied up the play pen, left two healthy look ovaries - even gave me photos of it all. Not much pain, easily managed with 1 vicodin every 6 hours, gas was easily taken care of with the incentive spirometer (you breath in and out with it) and some gasX, bowel movement with a little help from colace and milk of magnesia (but still fairly easy), no mood swings yet. It think the ovaries are in a bit of shock and some am getting little hot flashes, but they actually feel good - extra blood to the brain and all.

The thing that helped most - the spirometer - got rid of that crazy referred pain in my shoulders and back from the surgical gas infiltrating the diaphragm. Do your breathing exercises and cough that phlegm out - you'll feel sooo much better faster!
Unread 03-18-2008, 04:55 PM

jcapple sorry about your compliations. I had 11 units 6 years ago, it's a scary thing to go through. The only complication I had from transfusion is my blood has made anti-bodies against the new blood's antigents, found this out day before surgery and my blood last 3 days instead of 10and had to redo all my bloodwork. It's only a problem if you ever need another transfusion, just limits the donor pool.
Unread 03-18-2008, 05:28 PM

Okay, well....today S-U-C-K-E-D!!!!!!

I had an appointment at 9:30 this morning with my the nurse practitioner at the Women's Clinic at the Naval Hospital where my surgery was done. The ALMOST re-admitted me! I just got home at 6:30 and I'm absolutely exhausted.

Everything from the TVH seems to be fine. But the nurse couldn't even touch the area where the sphincteroplasty was done. (My husband says it looks like something straight out of a Frankenstein movie). The longer I was there the sicker I was gretting. The drainage was almost out of control. My doctor was in emergency surgery and obviously couldn't leave for little 'ol me. So they had me on the exam table while the NP went to call my doc in the OR. They ordered a CBC and a blood count. Turns out my white cells were extremely high and my blood count was only at 10, which meant I was very anemic. I spiked a fever. My bp went up. My pulse was up. The longer I was there the worse I got. I had to go down to the lab to have the CBC drawn and then back up to the clinic. It was way too much walking than I should have done. We (my husband and I) ended up in the waiting room of the clinic and the pain really got out of control. My Percocet was at home because I didn't think we'd be there all day. I wasn't due for it 'til lunch time.

So........at 3:00 since my docs other case was still having problems she said she would let the doc on call check me out. But when the NP called my dr back in the OR and gave her my test results. She said I had to wait on her and I wasn't going anywhere. She didn't want anyone else to touch me, which made me very happy.

FINALLY at 3:00, my doc ordered oxycontin for me before she started her exam, which I dreaded. My husband was sent down to the pharmacy to pick up the scrips. It took 1 1/2 hours!!!!!! By the time I got the pills and they took affect it was about 4:30. I was still so tender down there that she STILL couldn't exam me properly. So if things couldn't get worse.....she had the np bring in a bottle of Marcaine. She had to inject my entire vaginal, perineal, and rectal area!!!!! I don't think I need to explain that there was no picnic in this. Finally she was able to get things numb enough that she could do a proper exam. She took out two stitches that seemed to be pulling. Then the entire wound was packed with medicated gauze, which has to be changed everytime it gets wet.

My daughter is a second year nursing student so I asked if it would be okay if she did it so I could go home. My dr said "sure" and if we came back in tomorrow she would show my daughter what to do. Ugh....nooooooo!!!!!! My husband, my wonderful husband stepped up to the plate. She showed him how to do it. He said he would do it if my daughter wasn't comfortable. But I said I'd rather have her do it......her fingers are smaller. :-P So he's going to show her what to do.

So ladies my private parts are becoming a family project.

Sorry this was sooooo very long. But it was such an exhausting, long day I had to vent.

I have to go back again on Thursday. God only knows what that will bring. If my white cell count doesn't come up....they may admit me for I.V. antibiotics. Please pray this is NOT the case.....5 days was long enough.

Talk to y'all later.
Unread 03-18-2008, 06:00 PM

Denise, i am sooooo sorry for you- and yet you jest about your privates being a family project, at least you still have a sense of humor. I cannot imagine the pain in such a sensitive and, frankly, personal area, and to have to endure so many other complications, it's just too much.
Hang in there, I am sending you positive thoughts.
(hugs) Dee
Unread 03-18-2008, 06:08 PM

Let's just say......now I know what all the hype is about oxycodone. I still felt some pain but I just didn't care. It's wearing off now.....so I'm starting to care a little bit. :-)

Thanks for the positive thoughts.....I still need them....I go back for more torture on Thursdayl
Unread 03-18-2008, 06:09 PM

denise: Hang in there honey...it sounds horrible. Bad enough to begin with.

sending healing thoughts

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register