Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 71 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaCat
I am heading into the shower, then will try to get some necessary errands done today.
I just got an email from work and I can tell they would reallllly like me to come back sooner than 6 weeks.
No way.
I still cannot get through a day without a nap and/or Percocet.
Even though I have the ability to work from home, I don't think I'm going to attempt it before the six week mark. My doc said 8-12 weeks. But I'm positive I can at least do some reports and emails from my bed. I can't sit for too long or stand for too long without hurting my girly parts (I stole that from another poster, I like it). The hour at the nail salon the other day was the longest hour of my life. Today is the hair salon for a cut, color, and blow dry. I have very long thick hair so it will take awhile. However, my hairdresser knows what's going on so he'll let me stand up from time to time. Bad comes to worse, I'll skip the blow dry but I hope I can stick it out.

Anyhow, I'll check back later, of course. I've got a feeling after this hair thing.....I'll be down the rest of the day. I just took a shower and had a BM so I'm already half spent! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdwhoney
I have not tackled the forest on my legs yet. I am not excited about doing that. I have a Dr. appointment with the urologist on Thurs. I might do it before then.

Pam
Well, I managed to get my legs shaved. I'm exhausted. I'm also bleeding from about 20 different spots on my legs. My skin has gotten so dry. Just what I need.....more blood loss. My last blood count was an 8. I'm anxious to see if I've built up anymore iron in the last week. I guess i'll find out tomorrow.

Anyhow....off to the hair salon.
Unread 04-01-2008, 10:34 AM

Good morning ladies! I woke up at 6 and took my daughter to school. I came home and made breakfast and got dizzy so I layed down at 9:30 the phone rang yea I took a nap! I haven't been sleeping well. I woke up twice last night soaked to the bone! Maybe this patch isn't as great as I thought! I took a shower and I'm headed for the bank. I dressing in layers because it seems that I'm getting hot quicker this week. Did everyone else notice this when you pasted 2 weeks? I hope everyone has a good morning talk to you all soon...
Shelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2008, 01:48 PM

SW, just go outside naked if you get hot today, that's sure to cool you off pronto! (it's 30 deg in Co SP. right now)

So far today I've made b-fast and went to the gym for 22min on the treadmill, I got a couple of sharp pains to decided my 30 min goal was too much. Then i got to take my my 3yo DD to get a shot. joy of joys. Holding her down was a bit tough cuz she is strong, but the nurse did it quick. then we went to Kohl's to switch a dress that was too small for her, much to much walking. My bits hurt, both inside and out! I have only about 1/2 hour to sit down before I have to go pick up my son from school. Then I'm sitting down and relaxing!!!
Unread 04-01-2008, 01:56 PM
3 weeks postop TVH, AP Repair, & overlapping anal sphincteroplasty

Well, here I am at the three week point. Physically I think I'm doing well. I'll hopefully be able to confirm that tomorrow when I see my dr. I got out on Sunday and got my nails done. Yesterday, I tidied up my bedroom/bathroom, did two loads of laundry, and basically took care of myself. Woke up a little more achey than usual. Today I took a shower, shaved the forest on my legs, and went and got my hair cut and colored. While I was getting my hair done, I have a GI attack of some sort and really needed to go to the bathroom. I couldn't go there 'cause I didn't have any of my supplies with me. So I had to hold it. It wasn't easy but my new sphincter muscle seemed to hold out. But I'll tell you when I got home.....it was a mad dash to my bathroom. I don't know where that came from. Maybe it's one of those signals that your body will tell you when you've done too much. So, now I'm in bed again. I was so sick of being in bed, I couldn't wait to get out of it. Now, I couldn't wait to get back in it.

Emotionally, I'm still a mess. Hopefully, my doc will put me on something to help me with that. Lot's of questions for her tomorow. For right now, I'm doing pretty well. Tired and sore but no pain meds necessary. We'll see what the next few hours bring.

HysterHugs to all,
Unread 04-01-2008, 02:51 PM

denise you are sounding better. Just a few things at a time.

I had hair done today and peds cured. Now I am pooped to say the least but I feel better knowing that I am moving along.

Got a job offer two weeks ago but I was so confused I don't know what they offered me. She called today and said she was ready for me to get going.....,oh ******t now what to do I called her back and said I was not sure specifically what the offer entailed, havent spoken with her directly yet telephone tag....makes me nervous since I have a good job now. this one is much less stress but much less money and a longer commute so I need to be very sure.

Hugs to all
Ilene
Unread 04-01-2008, 03:26 PM

[quote=FaeGoddess]SW, just go outside naked if you get hot today, that's sure to cool you off pronto! (it's 30 deg in Co SP. right now)QUOTE]

That is an idea! Yes it is windy & chilly today here in the Springs! Where is the warm weather?
Unread 04-01-2008, 03:44 PM
feeling only slightly better

I have had no energy today at all and I've had more belly pain the last couple of days. I'm not sure what's causing it because I haven't really done anything.

Has anyone felt weird pain with the numbness coming out of your belly? It was all numb when I came out of surgery but then itching and then this weird kind of pain.

Hopefully I'll recover soon. It's only three weeks to Italy and I really want to take this life long dream trip!

Say a little for me....

cya
Unread 04-01-2008, 04:25 PM
More belly pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyknittykat
I have had no energy today at all and I've had more belly pain the last couple of days. I'm not sure what's causing it because I haven't really done anything.

Has anyone felt weird pain with the numbness coming out of your belly? It was all numb when I came out of surgery but then itching and then this weird kind of pain.
Hello!

YES! I woke this morning with VERY sharp pain in lower left belly, sort of just under my incision, and the pain is sharper and intermittent all day.
I don't know why my belly hurts more lately, perhaps because I pushed myself too hard, as my energy had started to come back.

Today I had planned on running errands, and I did so, got the essential stuff done (banking, post office, hardware store for new keys for tenants)

I also went to the grocery store, the bigger one in the neighboring town- because I had some coupons there- and the walking of big long aisles KILLED ME. I should have just gone to my little town market, which has a limited selection but it is small and therefore not much walking required.

I also got a license renewal notice in the mail- where I cannot just MAIL it in, I have to go to the RMV and get in line and get my new photo taken and the whole bit... so, just to see if perhaps while out & about with my chauffer (boyfriend) if maybe I could kill this pain in the butt errand, i had him drive me to the RMV- went in, got a number and there 25 people ahead of me.

Promptly walked right out. There is no way I could wait in line at the RMV for God knows how long.... I will attempt that little hellish experience next week, all by itself.

Got home, belly sore and pinching from walking, took a 3 hour nap!!! IT WAS LOVELY

I am now back to studying, which is going well.

I have a big day ahead tomorrow, will give you all the updates. Meanwhile, please keep your updates coming, I love to hear about everyone's exciting lives ; )

Dee (TunaCat)
Unread 04-01-2008, 04:25 PM

I'm so tired. I feel bad for the ladies who are going back to work. I guess if I had a job and one I loved I would want to go back too. I feel think I just ran a marathon! Funny since I only ran to the bank, went to buy stamps to mail a letter and drove DD to school and dropped off her golf clubs for golf practice this afternoon-nothing really strenuous. How is everyone feeling today?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register