Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 73 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Well I think another one of my kiddos is getting sick. Ugh! My dizziness went away. I ended up taking 2 naps today so I'm sure I'll be up for awhile.

My belly has been more achy this week for some reason. Burning and pulling sensations. And someone mentioned numbness, I have this around my umbilical region. I chalked that up to all the work the doc did in that vicinity to get my uterus off my abdominal wall. No bowel or urinary issues thankfully.

This weekend I'm taking a trip to MI to visit friends. I will leave on Friday and return on Sunday. No kids!!! I'm just happy to get out.

Tried calling about my disability paychecks and still don't have any info yet...hopefully tomorrow. This will determine how long I will take off.

Denise, glad to hear you're up and about more.

Nicole, have fun at dinner.

Sounds like everyone is having good postop appts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2008, 07:53 PM

Great day all and all. I am quite sore now but not horribly uncomfortable.

Had a great bbq dinner outside, with our new BBQ, weather is just glorious.

However it is now time for bed.....to await another day. Sleep well my friends....see ya in the morning.

Anyone want to meet for coffee
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:20 PM

Well I finally caught up on all the emails, I have not been on the site today as I needed to get my daughters financial aid stuff taken care of.

I feel really well, I have some sensations of pulling and sharp pains now and then but over all well.

I started to eat more soft foods and continue to take stool softeners and daily gentle lax to ease the issue I've been having, but still not regular daily...but no pain which is good.

I feel a little guilty because my leave is until 4/17, I should just take the time to fully recover and do some of the things I need to energize me.

I'm glad to read most everyone is doing pretty well, I'm trying to follow all of your lead and do more activities but still listen to my body.

Oh I've got a question...Does anyone have any issue staying focused? I can start reading, want some water go fill up my mug, see a magazine on the way, pick it up start reading it, oh want some thing to eat, go in the kitchen, start to clean out the refridgerater, go sit down, feel thursty where's my water.... you get the picture? Does anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmalibu
Yeah, I have pain in my upper right arm and weakness in my wrist and hand. Being off work has helped with those as well. I hope to get all these things mended before going back to work.
Exactly the same, hand and wrist also! Thanks for the shout out there.

So dinner was awful but the company was great!! I think my tastebuds are WAY off! I told my DH I am taking the front car seat in the house LOL, it's heated and I had it cranked. So on the way home we picked up a heating pad......oooh nice.
OKAY and the SWELLY BELLY before we left I fit in my Jeans 2 hours later at home I peeled them off and I look 7 months along! Even up to my ribcage ...all swolen and firm.

Thanks for all the nice comments, I did let grandma take my youngest DD4 for two nights so that should help with the recovery.

Does anyone else think that it would be such a drawn out recovery before they had surgery?

Wishing all my buddies a good nights sleep and restful day tomorrow.
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:28 PM

Rose Bud, I have 3 books to read and can do no more than a page at a time. Actually all I can do is one POST at a time here!

It takes a while to come back but I remember feeling the same brain fog after my other surgeries for a few weeks.
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:39 PM

Yeah I definitely have a problem with focus. I bought four books before the surgery that I could lhave had done in a week. I pick them up from time to time but I just can't get into any of them. I'm lost on brainless computer games and I barely hold on for that.

Hopefully, when I see my doc tomorrow she'll put me on something for my emotions that may help with focus. I'll let you know.

Hugs,
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:42 PM

Wow, its amazing how this surgery is taking its toll on our entire bodys...lol...I just don't want to feel lost in my own body anymore, I'd like to read something and retain it.
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:48 PM

Focus?? My brain is still sedated I think! I am struggling to stay abreast of my studies... I fall asleep listening to lectures on CD, and I think I bombed my Property exam on saturday.

I am shocked at how much this surgery has affected me- the exhaustion, and yes, inability to focus, and inability to sleep DESPITE the exhaustion.

I had truly thought that I would be ahead of the game, having all day to study, but as you all know, that just isnt the case. I lack the energy and the concentration, so I can only study in spurts.

I have accepted it, this will evidently be a slow process, as my poor body has been deeply insulted.
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Bud
Well I finally caught up on all the emails, I have not been on the site today as I needed to get my daughters financial aid stuff taken care of.

I feel really well, I have some sensations of pulling and sharp pains now and then but over all well.

I started to eat more soft foods and continue to take stool softeners and daily gentle lax to ease the issue I've been having, but still not regular daily...but no pain which is good.

I feel a little guilty because my leave is until 4/17, I should just take the time to fully recover and do some of the things I need to energize me.

I'm glad to read most everyone is doing pretty well, I'm trying to follow all of your lead and do more activities but still listen to my body.

Oh I've got a question...Does anyone have any issue staying focused? I can start reading, want some water go fill up my mug, see a magazine on the way, pick it up start reading it, oh want some thing to eat, go in the kitchen, start to clean out the refridgerater, go sit down, feel thursty where's my water.... you get the picture? Does anyone else have this issue?
Rosebud, My doctor told me that the focusing problem was because of anesthesia. It takes a long time for it to get out of your system.

Pam
Unread 04-01-2008, 10:03 PM

I just coughed and I thought that my bladder and stomach were going to explode. It was excrutiating pain. I thought I was passed that.

I can't get the pooping thing down. Either I am constipated or I have diarreha (sp?) That is so frustrating. I feel good one minute and horrible the next.

MY bladder still feels like I have to pee all of the time. This might be from a kidney stone. I have had about 10 of these in the past but I did not put it together until my urinalysis found calcium crystals in it. It fits with my symptoms but I think that the pain meds and all of the bladder/bowel and vagina surgery just covered it up. I am so frustrated right now.

Do you think I can sleep? NOT a chance. I had no idea that it was going to take this long to recover. I have to tell myself that you are only 2 1/2 weeks out. Please tell me that it gets better. I am praying that it does.

Thanks for the rant.

Pam

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register