Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 74 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

pdwhoney...I wish you were feeling better....I hope it gets better...sooner than later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2008, 02:04 AM

Thank you Rose bud. It is 3:00 and still no sleep.

Pam
Unread 04-02-2008, 03:15 AM

Mweaverrn, I also suffered from dizziness yesterday - almost all day, but very bad in the a.m. - felt like vertigo was threatening. I chalked it up to my first missed period and hormonal wackiness - also insomnia.

I read somewhere that there are issues post surgery with depleted melatonin levels - so now I am trying that. Also trying to stay away from the ibuprofen as I think it is playing with my stomach. It really is a lesser of two evils thing, eh?

Am not feeling that dizziness again today - just incision tenderness. Guess these ups and downs are what the wise Hystersisters who have already traversed the healing process are talking about.

Warm greetings to all for a good day today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2008, 03:30 AM

Ladies , some of you are using this thread to ask questions about your recovery. If you have any questions regarding your recovery, please start a new thread in Post Op. If you read the first post on this thread by Princess Bea Well you'll see that this thread is for your recovery progress only.

Quote:
originally posted by Princess Bea Well If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!
Thanks for understanding.
Unread 04-02-2008, 06:43 AM

Hey tunacat and chattyknittycat,

Re; changing pain, yes absolutely. I feel more burning around my incision and although the swelling is decreased (not at all gone) i do notice sharper pain near my pelvic bones and close to the incision but deeper.

I don't think i'm nearly as active as many of you but i am trying to walk for longer stretches which really poops me out and by night i still need my pain killers.

I tried reducing the amount i was taking so Mon. and Tues I cut my am dose in half but my mid day i was more sore then the week before. So today i'm back up to regular dose.

My biggest concern right now - have i healed well internally (darn i wish i could see inside!) and will i be able to exercise like i used to full force and get rid of this extra flabby belly i've grown! Maybe a bit vain, but on the practical side i have no idea what to wear to work next week - they may have to put up with my yoga and sweat pants - i don't think my dress pants or even jeans will be possible.
Unread 04-02-2008, 07:13 AM

Good Morning everyone!

So, here we are week 3-ish, and I am not going to worry over my new aches & pains because it appears to be common among us.

Today I have a lot on my plate and I hope I do not poop out:

1pm lecture on Contract Law

6-8:30pm Dinner & meeting at local college where I sit on an advisory board. I really have to go, as networking is so important and I really hate my job ; )

Hope I can hold up... will try to nap in between!

I hope everyone has a good, pain-free day!
Unread 04-02-2008, 08:30 AM

I am soo glad I am not the only one going through this. No offence to anyone. I am having the weird pain when I pee, I have to hold my tummy cause it feels like my bladder is trying to pee my bellybutton out! The whole BM's are normal for me unfortunatly. I thought this would have helped abit. I forgot to take my senokot last night, so today will be fun!woohoo. I have feelings like I really have to go like NOW, but nothing happens. NOTHING!ARG!The mornings are the best time for me to get things done as I feel great. Then by the time I get home from dropping off DD I am reasy for a nap!
As for the memory and focus thing! YA! Same here. But I was like that before as well. I would start filling the sink to do dishes, and because our hot water is so ******* slow coming out I would check my emails. Yup, you guessed it. Hubby would scream, water is everywhere, the laminate floor, counter, drawers. I would freak saying someone had turned it back on cause I know I turned it off. Now I let everyone know I am filling the sink. It happened 4 times in a month. blushing. Then DH did it and it was funny! Even he laughed! But extremely frustrating.
How about your fuses(tempers) Mine is pretty short. I cannot tolerate the whinning from my DD. Its like nails scratching a chalk board. I am trying not to grrrrrr, deep breathing.And I ask her to stop nicely. But my stress level is up there. Almost like a head injury. The anasethic(?)hmmm. I know it will pass.
Well, not sure where all that came from. I guess I feel I can talk to you guys about all my aches and pains and stuff, but not to my friends or family cause they haven't been through this. Well my Mom and Aunties, all endo survivors. But my Mom is like you can't do this , you can't do that, no drinking anything alcholic, you have to eat this, or that. Grrr sometimes. I know she is just trying to be helpful and I love her with my whole life. I enjoy haveing a glass of wine with my girlfriends when they stop by. Or having a beer or two out at the dirtbike track. Plus it helps the pain when we are out there. No I don't get drunk, just a couple and thats it. and thats over like 5 hours. I drink lots of water out there too!! Okay now I am blabbering again!Sorry.
Happy days, Happy days!! Today will be a great day! Positive thinking, Positive results!
Unread 04-02-2008, 09:07 AM

Good Morning ladies, I couldn't sleep until after 3:00 am this morning and you guessed it I've been up for just over 2 hours now...so that's a whopping 3-3 1/2 hours of sleep.

I have a lot of pain a pressure in my abdomen this morning...I'm not sure what’s causing that, most likely constipation. Good grief...this is a roller coaster.

I hope to walk to the Star Bucks this morning, that may be a lofty goal...only today will tell.
Unread 04-02-2008, 09:22 AM

I have focusing problems too. My DD had a ortho appt today at 7. I forgot and she kept coming in my room Mom why aren't you dressed we have to go. Mom it takes 20 min. to get there (she of course remembered). I said it doesn't take 20 min to get to school it is 5 min away. Opps! I'm glad they let us be 10 min late! Wow I can't remember anything! People have to tell me point blank what they are trying to say no suttle hints because it goes over my head!

I didn't want to use my donut so I sat in the chair or stood up at the hour appt. I'm hurting now! I feel burning and pain in my vagina and stomach. I kept thinking when will the pain stop and I'll be healed. I guess I still need the inflatable donut. I don't see anyone else using one...maybe I'm a baby. I'm glad I can lay down now...check back later to see how everyone is.
Unread 04-02-2008, 09:55 AM
1st day with no nap

Good Morning Gals!
Did we just get scolded? I think its great that our forum has the most postings. I also think its great that others with different surgery dates are coming to visit.
Well, yesterday was my best day so far.
Kyto73-It’s hard to sit up straight for any amount of time-reclining feels best. I have a desk job 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week, and just the thought of going back is not appealing. I’m still sleeping on a wedge, DH doesn’t like it cause we usually sleep spoons. This too shall pass.
Mweaverrn and Maetigger- hope little ones are better soon
Ibabug- Go for less stress. If me & DH have learned anything, it’s how the stress of our jobs affect our lives. We are going to work hard to get out of debt so we can retire from present jobs and take a less paying and less stressful job. Life is too short!
Tunacat- You have a great sense of humor-LOL-My daily cocktail is prescription Polyethene Glycol 3350NF. No probs.
Yesterday was the first day I did not have a nap! Woke up at 6:30, Fixed me 7 DH breakfast. Sat in the sun and read “Play Dirty,” by Sandra Brown. DD, granddaughter, and grandpuppy came over. Our indoor beagle loves to have company, they played so hard. We sat on the swing in backyard and let precious play on her blanket and all she wanted to do was pull grass. Then DH took her for a ride in my gardening cart (on a blanket). She loved it! We gave her a banana popsicle, which she really enjoyed. I fed her some peas and then she fell asleep. (It’s so hard to not get to pick her up and hold her close!) We watched “Enchanted”, it was cute. Didn’t eat much yesterday, just wasn’t hungry. DH worked in flower beds and straightened borders. He’s wonderful! I made it til Leno’s monologue, then went to sleep and did not move til 7:20 a.m.
I had a burning pain at the top of my abdominal incision 2 inches below belly button several times last night. Haven’t had bleeding except for pinkish when I had my uti or any foul smelling discharge. What’s wrong with me? When are my stitches gonna dissolve and come out? Still not driving or eating anything spicy, just lots of fruit, salad, and soup.

It’s great being able to visit with all you ladies and I hope everyone has a great day! Don’t overdo it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register