Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 84 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-04-2008, 07:54 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Let's see postop day 25. Time flies when you're having fun! I'm feeling a big more twinginess (is that a word?) in the lower, lower depths of my pelvic region right in the middle. Not horrible, just constant dull ache. Sort of like mild period cramps but more centeralized. Anyhow....it's very bearable. 800 mg. ibuprofen, not even necessary. I wish I could say the same for the girly parts. Very sore today. I just don't see how this packing is doing any good when it makes me so sore and makes me bleed. I didn't pack during the night 'cause I use the estrogen cream at night and guess what....I woke up this morning, no bleeding! But now I have to pack during the day so we'll see what that brings.

Is there anything wrong with just staying in bed today? I sat downstairs all day in the recliner but I was very sore in my bottom when I went to bed last night. So since I'm experiencing soreness today, I thougth I'd just stay reclined in bed. But I feel guilty and lazy. I do have to go out and pick the kids up from school today and drop ds off at his new job. But that's it. Honest opinions......is 25 days postop too late to just stay in bed?

Anyhow....off for my morning ritual of drinking my fiber (YUK!), brushing my teeth, taking meds, potty, clean up, and packing. I think I'll put off getting dressed 'til I have to pick the kids up.

Hugs to all......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2008, 08:01 AM

Denise, Stay in bed. If I did not have to go back to the hospital for testing today I would lay in bed all day. Do what your body wants to do.

Pam
Unread 04-04-2008, 08:06 AM

That was me that grabbed a mirror and looked. I probably shouldn't have. Honestly I was so shocked by what I saw with the open wounds that I didn't even notice the bruising and swelling. I just looked again.....yep, I'm still bruised, too. I knew I was still swollen. it's good to know that it's not just because of the reconstructive work I had done and that it's normal.

Here's to another day of positive recovering!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2008, 08:06 AM

I agree and too am just laying around today.
Unread 04-04-2008, 08:19 AM

Overdid it yesterday. Was too good to be true to feel so good - but I sure did enjoy it.

Felt OK this morning. Made it out for a few hours, but have been in bed ever since. Incision hurts today, plus just general yuk and malaise - despite the sleep. Still feeling some pinching on and off of the bladder - iI guess from the catheter - seems like a long time for that to be going on.

I think we all just need to lay low - especially those with other complicating loveliness to deal with.
Unread 04-04-2008, 08:22 AM

Ummm, If I didn't know better I would've thought I was pregnant. I was craving salads with mushrooms, and thats what I ate all day! 3 huge bowls full. Then again for supper with imitation crab on the side and after a Wendy's chocolate frosty. Guess what?! That does not mix well at all. I ended up throwing up most of it and my left side around the incision, was riping or burning so bad. I thought OG MY GAWD!THAT HURTS! So off to bed. This morning I feel a bit better but it still is quite sore. So laying low as well. No more Wendy's frosty's unless by itself! Yuk. Getting some weird twinges under ribs, and this morning I felt like I had been in a horrible car accident. My back was so crampy from my lower to my neck. And I feel a headache coming on. Hopefully mild. Weird dreams again.
But I did get a new cell phone. DH and I got the Blackberry Pearl phones. Way to complicated for me. So I will vegg out on the couch and play with it. Expensive plan though. WOOHOO. But when we talked to other people thier plans were up there as well. But standing there for about an hour was not a good thing. Twinges more like a muscle convulsion. DH was looking at me funny and asking if I was okay. Remember Elaine from Seinfeld? Her dance at the parties? Not quite but felt like that. I was on the couch for the night. Well off to feed the kid and take her to school, and come home to tackle the clothes. It is scarrrry!!!!
Oh, And this memory thing, I forget to drink my water, take my vitamins, clean the fan vent in the bathroom that I look at everyday in the shower. I have the extesion handle swifer duster. That should reach. If not DH will have to do it. And DRY skin!!! I have never been this bad!! Okay enough whinning.
Happy thoughts,, Happy thoughts. Happy day!! Thats better! Sunshine!!
Enjoy your day!!
Unread 04-04-2008, 08:26 AM

So we haven't been gross for awhile......I decided it's time to start again. :-)

Anyone still have that gross discharge anymore? Once again, with me I'm not sure where it's coming from but mine is yellow and looks like pus along witht he renewed bleeding (I'm sorry......TMI big time) Not sure if it's from the wound or the vagina.

I'm a bit nauseous and just not feeling great this morning. Not sure if that's from the meds or something else. I'm watching for a fever. But I'm on Macrobid for a UTI so I would think that would have some impact on any other infection I may or may not have.

So......ladies.....if you wanna get gross.....let's talk about drainage and discharge again! :-)
Unread 04-04-2008, 08:29 AM

Ewwww......ewwwww.......ewwwww.......this is definitely off topic but I have to vent..............

I was just in the bathroom doing my morning routing and I opened a pack of thos Cottonelle wet wipes and they were full of MOLD!!!!! OMG......I am so grossed out. Maybe that is why I'm nauseous now. There was green and black mold all over this brand new, never opened pack of wipes that we just bought last week!!!!!!!!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww..................................
Unread 04-04-2008, 08:31 AM
TVH March 12th 2008

Hi had a TVH done March 12th, 2008 I just learned Monday at my post op appt that my Uterus had grown into a muscle bc of my scar tissue pushing it backwards it was also enlarged and was the cause of my abnormal, painful, heavy and long unpredictable period.

I am now 3 weeks 2 days post op and feeling alot better still having some gas issues and poop issues...also felta huge pinching/pulling sensation yesterday when I peed...not sure what that was but,I feel ok today and am looking forward to NO PERIOD YAY!!! Also think I found a piece of stitch when I wiped yesterday...so I guess that means I'm healing normally...bc the 3 and 4 week check point I read the otherday said that was normal...the moods are still fluctuating as is the minor pain but overall am doing SUPER! Fixing to go get in a hot bath and enjoy every minute of it AHHHH I so missed my hot baths them first 2 1/2 weeks......
Unread 04-04-2008, 08:52 AM

Hyssissa! That is right " 'n BOER makes a plan" My DH also refers to us South Africans as BULL'S IN CHINA SHOPS...I am sure you know by know what he means. We are a stubborn bunch!

Went to the physio today, I want to bring that man HOME with me!! Makes my headaches disappear like the wind. Three more times next week.

The swelly belly is out in full force today.
I tried to squeeze into my jeans...Yeah right. Looks like maternaty clothes. I had to RUBBER BAND the button with a long blouse! I am going to lunch with DH and then taking the kids to see G-Ma after school. I packed a backpack with change of clothes, pillows, Matthew McConahague aka donut and meds!

See you ladies la-ter.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register