Concerned about hysterectomy insurance approval | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Concerned about hysterectomy insurance approval Concerned about hysterectomy insurance approval

Unread 03-06-2015, 09:09 PM
Concerned about hysterectomy insurance approval

Hello everyone. I do apologize if this has been discussed before (I'm new here ) and eager to find out any helpful information regarding my upcoming Hysterectomy. I had no idea you would have to get approved through the insurance company prior to the surgery and im worried that for some reason I wont. Mine Is <>.. I've got a large fibroid tumor and my uterus is twice the size of what It should be normally. That and heavy bleeding is the reason for the surgery. So, my question is are there any woman in my same situation who didn't get approved or vice versa? I'd love to hear both sides as I am besides myself waiting on a reply from the insurance company. Also if you would have any information on how long the approval process takes would be greatly appreciated also.
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2015, 09:18 PM
Re: Concerned about insurance approval

Insurance preamp probably can take 24 hrs-72 hrs in my experience. If they have all the necessary information. I only had one procedure take longer and that was a week. The drs office takes care of everything. I hope you get everything approved and all goes smoothly.
Unread 03-07-2015, 06:43 PM
Re: Concerned about hysterectomy insurance approval

Hi Rianna and welcome!

Try not to fret over the insurance approval as your doctor's office has considerable experience supplying your insurance company with your information. If it should for any unusual reason be denied, it will be resubmitted with whatever additional info they require. Some insurance companies require additional tests and done may require a second opinion - which is always a good idea anyway, regardless of what your company requires. It really varies from what I have read from a day to more than one week for approval.

We all get nervous thinking about our surgery and having to worry about the insurance doesn't help. So if you can, try to focus on positive things in the meantime to help control stress.
Good luck and try to take good care of yourself while preparing for surgery - lots of water, exercise and sleep.
Hugs and keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2015, 07:23 PM

Thank you! I happily report that the surgery was approved just 2 days after the information was submitted. That's one less thing to worry about for sure
Unread 03-07-2015, 08:02 PM

Wow! Wonderful update.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register