LAVH ladies I have 2 questions..... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH ladies I have 2 questions..... LAVH ladies I have 2 questions.....

Unread 02-25-2004, 02:18 PM
LAVH ladies I have 2 questions.....

I am 11 days post op.......I have 4 incisions...one on the left side, one in the belly button area, one on the right side of that and one right above the pubic hair area.......I have this burning feeling today on the side incisions....does this sound familiar to anyone? I almost feel that I'm ovulating, but it burns.....I'm also still really bloated in the abdomen.....anyone else?

(LAVH)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2004, 02:21 PM

It seems everyone that has answered has more incisions than I did. I have to wonder why.
Did any of you with the LAVH get a video of the work done? I did, and boy did it make my DH squirm. Kinda interesting to see as well.
Unread 02-25-2004, 04:31 PM

I had my in Durham. I wasn't sure where since you live in Mebane.Also, I work in Durham and wasn't sure since my boss leaves in Mebane too.

Tammie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2004, 05:01 PM

Hi - I had a LAVH/BSO on 1/26/04. So in other words, they took out everything! I had an incision in my belly button (they removed the stitches after 1 week and you can't even tell anything was done to my belly button). I also have had 2 C-sections previously and they put 2 tiny incisions in that same incision. These stitches were also removed after 1 week. I stayed in the hospital 2 nights - could not get my bladder to release. I'm a little over 4 weeks post op now - back to work on a part time basis after 3 weeks post op - no pain - and I'm 51 years old. Only symptoms I'm experiencing now are still really tired. Used pads in the hospital and panty liners once I got home. After 3 weeks, started bleeding and passed a couple of clots - called DR - said as long as it stopped soon I was ok - it stopped after day and a half. Now hardly have any discharge at all. Good luck to you - I'll be thinking of you!
Unread 02-25-2004, 09:02 PM

Had LAVH/BSO on 1/26. Have had two children, this is different. Besides being much younger, we had to keep moving to take care of a new baby. We're older now and just need to take care of ourselves.

I've got 3 incisions, belly button and two at pubic hairline (one on left, one right). Stitches were all self-dissolving, except for two that were in the drain incision.

I was only in hospital overnight. The next morning they bought a cleanup kit than included: soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, powder, liquid baby soap, lotion. I didn't have to worry about leaving my own stuff there by mistake. I only took hairbrush, chapstick and glasses. I took a shower a few hours after getting home. If I would have had to stay in longer, DH would have brought me other things as requested.

Had to wear pad in hospital, but once I got home it's been nothing but pantiliners since. I've had a couple different days of bleeding due to stitch disolving and it releasing blood that had been trapped. As long as it's for a short time, not to worry. Still only needed pantiliner for those times, just change to fresh one during those day.
Unread 02-25-2004, 09:39 PM

As far as the incisions go, I have the 3 also.

Once I got in my own room I discovered that I needed toilet paper from the outside. The toilet paper the hospital used was horrid. I called a friend and she brought me some soft toilet paper.

I also took my own container of water. I don't care for city water and this way I didn't have to bother the nurse for water. I also took instant tea with me to mix with the water. The nurses were great about keeping me well stocked on ice.

I was shocked by my first meal also. BBQ chicken. I would have thought that I would have been given something light considering the fact that I had been under anesth. earlier that day. Breakfast the next day wasn't anything to write home about either!!! They brought me a tray at 6:00 am with a pack of rice krispies, milk and a blueberry muffin (as well as what they call coffee. I made that 1 hour walk out my door to the nurses station right outside my door (at least it seemed like an hour!) to tell them there was no way I could survive on that!!!! I was told that was sent to me by mistake and that my breakfast would be sent to me at 8:00. I got the usual hosp breakfast: cold scrambled eggs, gelled grits, cold limp greasy bacon, and soggy toast. Now that's more like it when you're talking hospital fare!!!!! You just know I couldn't wait for lunch. I outsmarted them though, I asked for a fruit plate with yogurt. I actually got something I could eat!!!!

I do believe though that when my dr took everything out, she put a blow fish inside!!!!

Denise
Unread 02-26-2004, 07:37 AM
recovery

ive had three kids 28 and just had lavh 2 days ago yes it feels exactly like having a baby without the burn when you pee the tiredness and cramping not alot of bleeding just uncomfortable

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register