Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Mar 12, 2017 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Mar 12, 2017 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Mar 12, 2017

Unread 03-12-2017, 12:01 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Mar 12, 2017

Welcome!

This special Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread is for YOU if you are having surgery this week. This thread chat will help you meet others who are having surgery the same week as you, calm your anxiousness, and help answer your last minute questions.

To get started, please introduce yourself, sharing a few things about yourself and your upcoming hysterectomy. Tell us what concerns you have as you prepare for your surgery.

Have patience! Because this is a "COME AND GO" event, check back here during the day for replies with answers, support and hugs from new friends. Our post-op members will be stopping by, too!

As you get to know the other members having surgery this week - you will be meeting up again, after your hysterectomy, in a special thread created just for this week's surgeries in the Post Op Hysterectomy forum.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2017, 12:23 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Mar 12, 2017

Hi there
Scheduled to have my op this coming Wednesday.
I'm feeling more anxious about leaving my husband and two boys to look after themselves as I am about the surgery itself.
Anyone else the same?
Unread 03-12-2017, 01:10 AM

Hello from Ireland, hope your surgery goes well - I am getting mine done tomorrow. I should be in the hospital at this time tomorrow and op is at 9am.

We have no kids unfortunately but the thought of leaving my other half is worrying me too. We spend 24 hrs a day together and I am gonna miss him like crazy.

Not sure if you mean you are worried in case they can't look after themselves or that you will miss them (maybe a bit of both lol?).

I am sure they will be grand and your friends and family will rally round to help you all.

Good luck with your op!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2017, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMooster View Post
Hello from Ireland, hope your surgery goes well - I am getting mine done tomorrow. I should be in the hospital at this time tomorrow and op is at 9am.

We have no kids unfortunately but the thought of leaving my other half is worrying me too. We spend 24 hrs a day together and I am gonna miss him like crazy.

Not sure if you mean you are worried in case they can't look after themselves or that you will miss them (maybe a bit of both lol?).

I am sure they will be grand and your friends and family will rally round to help you all.

Good luck with your op!
I'm from ireland and having mines done tomorrow as well. I'm leaving my 2 kids kids with my sister and my hubby accompanying me. Have to say the packing for them and myself has Kept me distracted and now it starting to hit me that this is happening tomorrow!!

My op is afternoon. Good luck to you all.
Unread 03-12-2017, 04:19 AM

Hi,my feelings are all over this morning.Cant wait to feel better.I have had 3 years in and out of hospital endless water infections,adhesions removed and Fallopian tube and ovary removed in November 2016,saw a different consultant to be told I need hysterectomy due to what he thinks is adenmyosis and a bladder repair due to prolapse.I am scared of how I will feel after.And hope this will stop my toilet issues#constipation and pulling in my tummy and under ribs,I have gone through gastro and had endless tests to be told there's nothing wrong.I just wondered if anyone has gone down the gastro path and found out they have adenmyosis.I just want this to be the last of my surgeries this is my 5th in 3 years.
Unread 03-12-2017, 04:46 AM

I go in tomorrow at 6:30 a.m., and am feeling like there is not enough time to finish all of the things I meant to do beforehand! My husband wants to spend time together, which is exactly what I SHOULD be doing. Feeling guilty about my lack of planning... wishing I could meet with my surgeon one more time... wishing my grading was done... trying to take a deep breath and prioritize. That said, I am feeling pretty much at peace about the actual surgery. Good luck to all of you this week!!
Unread 03-12-2017, 04:51 AM

All the best to you all.
Unread 03-12-2017, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murron View Post
I go in tomorrow at 6:30 a.m., and am feeling like there is not enough time to finish all of the things I meant to do beforehand! My husband wants to spend time together, which is exactly what I SHOULD be doing. Feeling guilty about my lack of planning... wishing I could meet with my surgeon one more time... wishing my grading was done... trying to take a deep breath and prioritize. That said, I am feeling pretty much at peace about the actual surgery. Good luck to all of you this week!!
Hi,yes I have to be there for 10.30 in the morning,just packing my case,my hubby is ironing and my little girl watching tv.I do feel she as not had the best out of me due to my health issues.Hoping this surgery will make a big difference.Healing thoughts to all.
Unread 03-12-2017, 05:42 AM

Hi everyone,
Robotic hysterectomy Monday. Early Uterine cancer. Thyroid cancer 10 years ago with no issues. Has anyone else had both? Doctor said unrelated. I'm 54 and just praying that they will take everything out and don't find that it has spread. Any advice for a non sleeping worryer?
Unread 03-12-2017, 05:55 AM

Princesses:

I'm just stopping by to cheer you all on.

For some of us, the scariest part is waiting for the big day, but we are here to cheer you on, You are stronger than you think - you can and will do this! Have confidence in yourself and in the skill of your surgeon. Try to think of the big picture - any that this surgery will one day be a memory that symbolizes your strength.

It really does help to keep busy doing things you enjoy and surrounding yourself with positive friends and family. You are in the home stretch. Staying positive can help reduce stress.

Take care and know you are not alone on your journey:

Soon you will be on your way to recovery and encouraging those in your position now.

Travel light for the hospital and remember comfy clothes and shoes to wear home from the hospital. Also remember a small pillow to wear under your seatbelt for the ride home. Additionally, this pillow will also help cushion the blows of little people and rambunctious pets, coughs, laughing and sneezing. You may also benefit by having several small pillows available for resting in bed. Sometimes, for those of us not used to sleeping on our sides, a long body pillow may prove the most comfortable. Today is a great time to double-check your "recovery nest" to make certain you have the items you need at your fingertips. Getting out of bed can prove a bit challenging at first, so you may want to have a bed rail, or, a sturdy chair or small table to steady you as you get up. Remember those non-slip slippers for marching around the house. Have light reading next to your bed and your favorite movies. And don't worry about anything you didn't get to clean or errands you didn't get to - concentrate on all you have accomplished to get this far.

We will be with you on your entire journey, so please be sure to join your Post Recovery Progress Report after your surgery.

Hugs and see you on the other side!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register