Moony Monday Oct 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Moony Monday Oct 18 Moony Monday Oct 18

Unread 10-18-2021, 04:50 PM
Moony Monday Oct 18

Hi gang, it’s crisp fall weather here, clear skies and the moon is filling out beautifully.

Not much exercise this week and naturally the weekend has caregiver issues, the poor girl yesterday had an accident and was headed to ER with family. But the woman who did finally come said she would be glad to be a Sunday regular, from 1-6, which would be perfect. And the Saturday person expressed interest in becoming a regular, although she’s not available next week. It would be such a relief to have regular and reliable people every day!

Food has been pretty bad, but nothing sounds great. I’m hoping to stop at the Co-op tomorrow and check out their salads. Hubby can pick one up for me most days if I pre-approve them. I warned him, nothing with brown or white lettuce.

Nina is coming along, every day a tiny bit more organized. Mom is holding her own, got over her cold, passed it on to me, and has some occasional bouts of deep sleep where I can’t wake her. I found out her emergency call button battery was dead (after ten years here) but that’s all fixed and she’s fine. Everyone is over the plague here and activities have opened up for her again, thankfully.

I’m still tired and wish I would take more quickie walks but I find things to do and then it’s a choice between a ten-minute walk or a ten-minute nap. Usually I go for the nap these days.

I hope everyone is hanging in okay, safely and reasonably comfortably. Job stress, food stress, health stress, family stress, pet stress, traffic stress, everything piles up everywhere.

I’m thinking of you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2021, 07:26 AM
Re: Moony Monday Oct 18

Desk, what a relief to find a weekend person! Or two! You need some time away, even a few hours and knowing she’s got company helps. I think diet is important but in perspective, not a top priority. When you look back, do you want to say, well my diet was perfect and I figured my mom could take a backseat? No of course not, so I think you need to be easy on yourself and just do what you can it’s hard to juggle everything. Your mom won’t be there forever and you’ve put her first.

I moved into my cubicle and it took waaay longer than expected. Hookiing up items, changing settings, moving things and then having to move them back—but it’s almost done. It’s nicer by being bigger although I’m rarely there. My home office is quite small as well but bigger than a cubicle! I’m getting more responsibilities at work so busier than I was.

I had a big salad yesterday and enjoyed it as is often the case. I had thrown out a lot of rotten salad I never got to, it never sounds good to me. I feel I need to add more dressing to them which I now do. Otherwise I won’t finish them. Cooked vegetables have fallen by the wayside. I try but when I’m hungry I don’t think to make some of these things.

I did get my garage doors fixed so can’t get trapped in the garage again. That was scary. Now onto more things to fix.

I hope everyone is doing ok and not getting overwhelmed by anything. Thinking of you all.
Unread 10-20-2021, 07:45 AM

Trapped in the garage?!? What did I miss? How awful and scary! Glad that’s been fixed.

I like a salad sandwich, can stuff a lot of greens in and don’t need as much dressing. I don’t like thick bread in sandwiches, and I remember you said you weren’t a big bread fan, but the very thinly sliced Pepperidge farm white bread makes a nice sandwich. Last night I stuffed it with spinach and arugula mix, even sliced some red pepper, then mayo on the bread, and wrapped it tightly in plastic since it will fall apart quickly, and was able to have a good (transportable) sandwich while Mom was at dinner. Hoping to do that again today as it was quite satisfying and even easier than microwaving something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2021, 09:00 AM

Garage: I let the furnace maintenance guy in through the garage, and the door spring broke. When he left, I was in the garage and he closed the door from the outside, when I discovered the door leading into the house was locked from the other side, and I couldn’t open the garage door from the inside because it was broken, so I was trapped with no key on me. Fortunately I had my phone and could call the furnace guy to come open it from the outside. It’s a complicated story but was very scary! Now the doors work again plus I take phone and keys.

I’ll have to try a sandwich if I can get thin bread.
Unread 10-20-2021, 10:11 AM
Moony Monday Oct 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyown View Post
Fortunately I had my phone and could call the furnace guy to come open it from the outside. It’s a complicated story but was very scary! Now the doors work again plus I take phone and keys.

I’ll have to try a sandwich if I can get thin bread.
Omg super scary!
The Pepperidge Farm Very Thin bread comes in white and whole wheat. I really don’t like the whole wheat but the plain white is quite nice and not overwhelmingly bready. It’s almost as thin as Melba toast.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register