Breeds? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-10-2004, 09:23 AM
Oops! I forgot to tell you about my pets.

I have 3 dogs with long warm, velvety ears. I have an ear fettish.

Rupert: age 16
Part Beagle and something else - we think lab or pitbull. We call him our pitbeagle. He came from PAWS when he was 6 yrs. old. He is the alpha dog and a very nice one until feeding time. Then it's, "What's mine is mine and what's your's is mine".

Sherlock: age 9
Part Beagle or all beagle. Maybe part bassett. He has short legs and a longer back with knotty joints. He came to my front door 6 years ago and we couldn't find his owner. Sherlock is full of mischief and does all of the talking for the other two. He tells us when it is time to go to bed, when we should take a walk, etc.. We call him, "The speaker of the Hounds". He is also know as, "The Bone Keeper" and "The Nose Licker".

Bobby Socks: age 5
She is purebreed beagle according to the shelter, but then they don't really know. She came from the Humane Society where I was volunteering. I didn't want a 3rd dog, but she spoke to me. She was returned after a previous adoption that lasted only one week because she was hard to housebreak - afer one week! On her first visit to our family vet, it was discovered that she had an anal gland infection and UTI. She was easy to housebreak after that.

Needless to say that I vacume often.

In addition, I have 2 granddogs and one grandcat.

We have a fenced in yard with a doggy door from our kitchen so dogs find it easy here to learn potty lessons.

Punky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Smile - Breeds? Breeds?

I have a male Boston named Stitch. He is the smartest dog there is. He is a people dog and will do anything to please.

My Toy Poodle is a female named Lilo. She is such a sweet dog and so lady like.

Lilo and Stitch get along so well everyone is amazed.....

I don't really have a preference, but if I were to get another dog I think I would choose a female because Stitch is used to being in charge.

I would recommend these 2 breeds to all. They are affectionate, great with kids and are both great cuddlers!!
Unread 08-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Breeds?

Anybody else have a LOWCHEN?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2004, 11:31 AM
Breeds?

We love our little Maltese Snuggles. He is a little white cloud with legs.
Unread 08-17-2004, 01:44 AM
Breeds?

I don't have any dogs at this time. My Miniature Schnauzer "Heidi" died at age 18 in 2002 and we had to have our Chocolate Lab "Tess" put to sleep in 2003 (complications due to old age - 13 years old).

I loved both dogs dearly and have had many dogs of many breeds most of my life. But I can say that if I ever got another dog I'd get another Chocolate Lab. I owned/ran my own child daycare center in my home in the early 1990's when I decided to get a dog. I've always liked Labs, so I called the American Kennel Club and asked if a Lab would be a good choice to be around small children. They told me Labs are wonderful with children, and that the Chocolate Lab has the best mild temperment of the 3 breeds of Labs (Chocolate, Black, Yellow). Tess was the most WONDERFUL dog I'd ever had. They also told me that a female was the best to get, and if I wasn't planning on breeding her I should get her fixed by the time she turned 6 months. So we got "Tess" and had her fixed at 6 months. She was so mellow and so good with the kids, yet a great watchdog and protected all kids and I with great devotion. Several times she fought off aggressive dogs that came onto our property (we live in rural area), saving both my son and I from attacks in 2 instances, and twice chased strange-acting men away that came to the house.
My hubby worked alot of hours and was often gone in the evenings, so it was nice having such a good watchdog around.
Unread 08-17-2004, 04:50 AM
Breeds?

I have two cats, BlueBelle a domestic med/long haired blue and Runty, domestic short hair, black tabby with white. They are sisters. BlueBelle was supposed to be mine, but we could not find a home for Runty, so here she is. Runty was about half the size of her largest litter mate, but now, she is a normal sized cat.

They both had their TAHs about two weeks before mine. They are doing fine from that, but Runty is on her second "cheet" abcess. She also has allergies. As long as she stay outside she does fine, but as soon as I let her be an inside cat...

BlueBelle is becoming the Prissy Princess as of late. She can be quite demanding, but she does take no for an answer. Runty halfway thinks she is a dog and is know to harass them unmercifully.

I also have two dogs. Rufus is a chow/shepherd. He is a red sable and is about 29 inches tall. I am working on getting his weight up. I think it is about 90 lbs now. He has a lot of the shepherd look but he has a slight curl to his tail and black spots on his tongue. He is independent like a chow but friendly like a shepherd.

I found Rufus running through the streets of my little town around 10:30 at night. We got him to jump into the back of the pickup and took him home. Put an ad out with no takers. And here he is still. He also loves to play with my stud colt. They chase each other when the weather is right.

LittleGirl is a heeler/shepherd cross. She is about 35 lbs when she is not overweight. She is blonde with a light saddle, I guess you could say she is a blonde sable. Both she and Rufus have black around their eyes. Looks like they are wearing eyeliner which really highlights her light brown eyes that everyone comments on. LittleGirl's face is kind of marked like a husky in the different blonde shades. She has one pricked ear and one tipped. She is the protector. She also keeps Runty's sores clean, which is good as Runty doesn't like it when we do it.

LittleGirl showed up under my friend's mobile home just screaming. She was starving. For a long time she did not trust anybody. She was apparently shot at and has the scar across her forehead to show for it. She had one set of puppies and then I prepaid so that my friend could have her get her TAH.

LittleGirl became mine a little over a year ago when she came home poisoned with stricnine. After footing the emergency vet bill my friend officially gave her to me. We were already a pair. She is also quite the hunter as she had to hunt to live for much of her very young life. She is much more socialized now and is incredibly smart.

All things being equal, I would choose a female as I have found them to be easier to work with and made of stronger stuff. However, I would never trade any males in the past that have been greatly loved members of my home.
Unread 08-20-2004, 06:29 AM
Breeds?

No one has mentioned the American Eskimo. This breed is often called Dog Beautiful. My 11 yr. old American Eskimo is gorgeous
with her very soft, fluffy, very white fur. She is a very clean dog
with no doggie smell. I have read that American Eskimos are self cleaning dogs and shed dirt. I rarely bathe her, and yet her fur
remains completely clean and beautiful. My Eskie is very eager to
please, the easiest to potty train, very intelligent, wants
to be a part of the family, very curious, and loves to give me
big hugs where she lowers her head into my body. When my Eskie was a puppy and we returned home, she would gladly
yodel. I love my Eskie.
We also have a two year old toy pek-a-poo. We had a miniature pek-a-poo years ago who was a great dog. This
one is very different. She is extremely hyperactive running
around the house like she is in a race. She is cuddly wanting to
sit on laps or cuddles next to you. The groomer tells me that
my pek-a-poo is very intelligent, curious, and stubborn. She is
sweet, but I have never before had such a hyperactive dog.
I love both of our dogs since they are family!!
Unread 08-24-2004, 01:28 AM
Breeds?

I have 3 dogs. All saved shelter doggie. My husband thinks I am crazy but I love my girls.

My oldest is Sandy, she is a cocker mix. She is 6 years old. She has the greatest fun loving personality. Give her a ball and she goes nuts. Watch out motorcycles, cause she wants you. Birds dont even think about my yard, she has already brought me 2 gifts. She is a wild women and weighs about 40 lbs. She still has lots of baby fat. (LOL)

Suzi is my middle girl, she is a dobie/sheppard mix. She is 3 yrs old. She is very kind, quiet, loving, and is always the good girl, never gets in trouble. She loves to give you the PAW. That is when she want your attention she throws her heavy paw on your leg and drags it down. She is pretty big about 85-90 lbs.

Then there is my baby Merlot. She is almost a year old. about 65-70 lbs. She is a huskie/akita mix. You want to talk about trouble, whew. She is fun loving, loves to play, wears out my other girls. She is very friendly, and loves to give kisses. But, she also has a few bad habits that we are working on. Trash can has to go in the garage at night, or she is feasting. Anything left on counters is fair game, and lately she has started to dig under the fence. She hasnt got on the counters in awhile so that is going good. And she has not gone out to her nightly travels in a few nights. So that is good.

Yes I can say that I do have a preference for female mutts LOL.

Tasha
Unread 08-24-2004, 01:26 PM
Breeds?

Tasha and Surfer,

You are my soul mates. I love the strays and orphanage kids.

I had a dog (passed on) who loved Sunday night garbage. In our neighborhood, we put our trash out on Sunday for Monday collection. We had to be extra careful on Sundays to make sure that she didn't escape for her "Sunday midnight buffets".

Now I have three and when we leave, we sometimes find that racoons got into the house. Garbage everywhere. The racoon thing started the 1st time we faced it. We laughingly put the blame on racoons who came in through the doggy door because our innocent dogs would never so such a thing. One morning there actually were 3 racoons in the dog food bin. I guess the racoons really were to blame.

punky
Unread 08-24-2004, 08:00 PM
Breeds?

I have a three year old brittany named Buster... He's a great dog and he MAKES me walk! I love all the energy that he has, but it has been a challenge with all the surgery and activity restrictions... I now use a gentle leader to walk him to a place where I can let him off leash. Now I'm trying to convince my husband to get him a sister!
Blkisue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register