Just joined and live in OKC area | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Oklahoma

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just joined and live in OKC area Just joined and live in OKC area

Unread 02-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Smile - Just joined and live in OKC area Just joined and live in OKC area

Hello all. I live in Midwest City, OK which is just East of OKC. I am scheduled to have a total, abdominal hysterectomy on March 3rd and was looking for some helpfull advice.

Thanks, Roxane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2009, 02:49 PM
Just joined and live in OKC area

to HysterSisters, Roxane!

We're pleased to have you as a new Sister and look forward to sharing with you both before and after your surgery.

Have you been over to the Pre-Op forum yet? That's the place to post new threads to ask any questions or concerns you have and the place to get support from pre- and post-op members. To get there from here in one click, use this link: Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support. There's helpful information and hints for you to use in this resource, too: Pre-Op Page.

You're welcome to visit with Sisters in this Neighborhood forum to socialize about topics other than surgery and recovery and we'll look for you over in Pre-Op for any surgery/recovery concerns you have now...and then in the Post-Op forum when you're in the recovery phase.

I'm sending best wishes!

s
Unread 02-20-2009, 02:56 PM

Hi Roxane!! Wecome to the site! I'm in the Tulsa area and just had LAVH on 2/6. This site is full of very helpful information! It really helped me prepare for my surgery.

Good luck on your surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2009, 07:19 PM

Roxanne. I'm from Broken Arrow. My Aunt Marie and my Uncle Bob were from Midwest City! I've been there many times.

Glad you found the Oklahoma thread. There are several of us around here and we are always happy to have another Okie girl with us!

as you prepare for your surgery.
Unread 02-21-2009, 12:30 PM

HI ANGEL!!! I am a newbee to. I just joined two day ago and I finely figured out how to make comments. I live in Mustang. I'm sure you know where our town is. I am haveing a total hysteroctomy. Overies and all!
I hope we can find the advice we are looking for. Take care and let know how you are doing. Personelly I am terrifid.
Olive
Unread 02-21-2009, 12:41 PM

Hello, Olive!

I'm glad you have joined this site! I'm certain you'll find what you need here--from support both pre- and post-op in those support forums to friendly socializing here in the Neighborhood!

Have a look around! There's lots to explore and plenty of new friends to meet from all over the world.

Unread 02-24-2009, 07:01 AM

Hello there! I just joined too. I live in the Moore area and am scheduled for Total Vaginal Hysterectomy on the 11th of March. I get to keep the ovaries though...
Unread 02-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Talking - Just joined and live in OKC area Hi to you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgrown
Hello there! I just joined too. I live in the Moore area and am scheduled for Total Vaginal Hysterectomy on the 11th of March. I get to keep the ovaries though...
Glad to meet you. I can't believe it! I am having my operation on the 10th of march.
there taking all my parts. Are you scared too? Glad to be here!
Unread 02-25-2009, 07:02 AM

Yes I am scared! It will be my 4th surgery and 6th time being put under.... Always scared, but I am hopeful that it will be the end to the pain. 2009 is my year for healing and feeling better, I have had pain for at least 12 years. I am just glad that even though I am 27 I have three beautiful girls, glad I started young!!

Glad to meet you too, good luck with your surgery and happy healing!
Unread 02-25-2009, 07:30 AM

AKgrown!

I'm glad you found this site--it's an amazing place!

I hope you will venture over to the Pre-Op message board and post new threads there with any questions, concerns or support needs you have. You'll meet pre- and post-op women from all over the world in that forum. To get from here to there in one click, you can use this link: Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support.

We'll look for you there!

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register