2 days until surgury and anxious..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 days until surgury and anxious..... 2 days until surgury and anxious.....

Unread 01-02-2004, 10:09 PM
2 days until surgury and anxious.....

I have been in a "nesting" kinda of mode....I guess it is nervous energy. The last 4 days I have done some serious stocking up for my children and Dad. I have gotten a hospital tray for my bedside,5$ for 1 wk rental,got my clothes set aside, socks,sour candy and mints ( for dry throat) ,bottled water,health juice,soup, pee pee pads for the puppy, mopped done laundry...Now I am exhausted but it will be worth it knowing I can focus on healing the princess.
I am getting a TVH because of irregular menstral cycle/heavy periods and have hardly any energy now to spare. The last year has been the kicker! So I say bye bye to my tampons!!! Yeah!!!:cheer: I am going to ask the before if I can have {that anti-hurl} medicine....I can't spell nausea...I hate the feeling of like I am going to barf.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2004, 10:24 PM
Anti-Hurl!

Just wanted to wish you well. Sounds like you are well prepared! I am 4 weeks Post-Op...had a TAH. I was really worried about being sick to my stomach....I talked to the anetheologist in Pre-Op and he gave me a patch to stick behind my ear and also gave me something in my IV to make sure I did not get sick Post-Op.....and it worked! You might want to ask about these options.

Good luck to you!

Michelle
Unread 01-02-2004, 10:57 PM

oh we will all be in at the same time im hopeing we all have a good and blessed stay at the hospital and to tell you the truth i pray for a speed stay lol getting everything ready im told is the hard part so gl sis and see you on the other side
huhgs karlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2004, 12:08 AM

Hi Suzanne,

Make sure to talk to your doctor about anti-nausea medication I didn't and after I got to my room I began to throw up it was awful and to top it off my doctor had left and hadn't ordered anything for me so the nurse had to call him, while I was puking green foam. I wish so much I had asked before for the medicaton. Don't hesitate to ask the nurses when you need something I waited to long to ask for my IV moraphine the nurse finally said call us when you start hurting not when you are in bad pain. After that they just came in and put it in my IV on their own. Some doctors order the moraphine pump but mine isn't one that does. I am just a little over 3 weeks post-op LAVH I wish you well I will be thinking about you.
Unread 01-03-2004, 01:12 AM

Suzanne..
I had a TVH on 12/17/03 and I didn't have to ask for the nauseau medication they automatically gave it me after I put on my "nightie"...

Sounds like you have been a busy busy little "princess" getting everything ready for your surgery. Hope that your surgery goes as well as mine did. The hardest part for me was the "waiting" to go into surgery, went into surgery around 1:30 PM, was out of surgery prior to 3:00 PM. Once I got past that I was fine. I was in "recovery" for awhile waiting for a room to become available for them to admit me to for overnight observation. No room at the Inn, how appropriate with it being Christmas season and all, I got to find out how Mary felt when she gave birth to baby Jesus and was beginning to wonder if I was going to have to go to a stable myself.

But as SOON as they got me to my room around 6 PM, I was on my FEET as I had to go to the "little girls" room. To be quite honest, I was up and down a lot that night going to "little girls" room, and then would walk the halls. As the DR said that he would let me go home from hospital as long as I was "peeing" , "walking around ok", and "eating"...so I was just trying to do what he said.

But I was released to go home the next AM when my DR dropped by for visit at 7AM...but had to wait for nurses to get paperwork ready so was later before I actually went home.

Wishing you best wishes for your surgery and a speedy recovery. Here if you need to chat before your surgery. Got any questions...don't hesitate to ask...be glad to answer.

Ohhh one more thingeee don't forget to have suppositories on hand as I HAD to have them for sure when I got home. But be sure and ask DR if OK to use. Mine let me. But had BAD case of GAS and that was the ONLY relief that I had. Sorry if too much information but it actually took two (not at same time of course), but two seperate occasions to help me out. Wouldn't want you to suffer the bad case that I had with that. But just have on hand then ask if OK to use...never hurts to be "prepared".

But seriously...I has now been a little over two weeks since I had mine...so don't hesitate to ask will be glad to answer any questions you have. That what "sisters" are for!!! Take care!!
Unread 01-03-2004, 06:35 AM

Hi samsam,

We will become princesses the same day! I have moments of nervousness too but for the most part am feeling ready for this. Oh course, Aunt Flo reared her ugly head yesterday and will be in full swing come Mon. What a smart aleck she is!!

My main fear has been post-op pain but so many here have helped me thru this. If they can do it, so can I. Most say it's not so bad so I'm taking them at their word.

I too "nested" like crazy about a month ago, then hit the wall and couldn't do another thing. But got all the Christmas put away and want to clean once more then...tada...it will be Mon.

and blessings on your surgery and for a speedy recovery.

...here we come!!!
Unread 01-03-2004, 07:35 AM

Hi sisters

Wishing you all have a uneventful and speedy recovery!
I'll be joining you on the other side soon. :

I haven't entered the "nesting" phase yet, but I feel it coming on.

s and s
Andrea
Unread 01-03-2004, 08:11 AM

I would think that all these helpful hints that everyone suggests would be addressed by your doctor or staff at your doctor's office. The suggestions such as anti-nausea meds before general, suppositories for after the surgery, etc. It seems to me they should have sheets and sheets of suggestions, directions, etc. I am so glad I found this site so I can be more prepared. I will certainly post my experiences after my sugery. Mine is Jan. 28 (TAH). I'm not doing the nesting thing since my kids are either married or away at college. My husband will take vacation for about a week to wait on me and get me what I need. In that department I consider myself lucky. I am looking forward to being out of work for six weeks - hopefully the last 2-1/2 will be enjoyable. Thanks ladies!

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Unread 01-03-2004, 09:21 AM

Hi Jazzy1950
All my kids have left the nest too, but after working 6 days a week for the last 6 years, my house needed some attention! After I left my business, I got busy cleaning, painting etc. That phase has past!!! haha Thank goodness.

I agree that you'd think the dr's office would have all this info to hand to you. Guess they're so used to it that it doesn't dawn on them to provide it. That's why this site is so wonderful. I've learned more than I could have with a hundred calls to my drs office. After all, I don't think I could have come up with some of the questions others have but then I think...wow, never thought of that, good question. Plus some of them are a little embarrassing but everyone feels free here to ask.

Best wishes to all my Jan 5 sisters....wear those crowns proudly, girls!!!!!

Blessings on you all...see you on the other side!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register