Possible endemetrial cancer - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Possible endemetrial cancer Possible endemetrial cancer

Unread 11-23-2003, 09:30 AM
Possible endemetrial cancer

It doesn't have to be cancer. I had post menopausal bleeding and an ultrasound scan was done and said to show a thickened endometrium. The doctor was talking about cancer or hyperplasia with atypia etc.

Had a hysteroscopy last week which showed no thickening of the endometrium but a huge polyp that was immediately removed. It's probably not cancerous but am now waiting for the all clear before celebrating.

I'm so glad I got it checked out immediately it made itself felt and you should do the same. It's simply not worth going through all the worrying of not knowing and assuming the worst.

One thing though, the doctor tried to do a simple biopsy but couldn't (child abuse stuff meant I completely clamped up!) so I had a hysteroscopy with general anaesthetic and I'm glad I did because the biopsy would not have diagnosed my problem and likely as not I'd have been told that all was okay and nothing would have been done.

Ann

By the way, I'm also a cancer survivor having had malignant melanoma of the eye 15 years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2003, 03:21 PM

Hi
Please call and make the appoinment, if you can't do it have someone else make the appointment for you. I went and had the biopsy in the dr. ofice then went back to work.

You are only going to keep wondering and worry about it anyway if you don't go. Please make the appt.
Unread 11-25-2003, 05:54 AM

I was just like you. I did go to the doctor around July 2001 but, after having had a couple of smears done (the 1st one had to be repeated, as I bled when it was taken) the resulting hospital appointment wasn't until the 31st October - which happened to coincide with my daughter's 21st birthday! I cancelled the appointment and went off to celebrate with a visit to a health farm instead! I also cancelled a 2nd appointment (can't even remember why now!) and tried to get my doctor to let me cancel it altogether, as by then I had somehow managed to convince myself that there was nothing at all wrong with me! Luckily, he refused to and I finally crept off, very reluctantly, to the hospital in January last year!

When I was told that I had cancer, I really thought that I had vitually written my own death certificate by delaying everything - though it turned out that my cancer was still a grade one, stage one. I really sailed through the op and the recovery period - it was nowhere near as bad as I expected. But actually taking those first steps can be so, so hard. You can do it though....... and there is always a lot of support available through HysterSisters if you need it.

Good luck........ and lots of s

Chris.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2003, 06:50 AM

Wolf, I hope all our posts have encouraged you to take the next steps and be checked. Delaying it can't help, and doing it will hopefully either reassure you that all's fine, or make it possible to treat problems before they get too big.

Please let us know how things are going.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 12-04-2003, 11:22 PM

Hope you get this taken care of right away.

My gyn/onc told me that if you have to get cancer, this is the best one to get. If you catch it early there is a 100% recovery rate.

Go, Handle it and get past it like the rest of us!

Alana

7/1/03 TAH BSO stage 1a endo
Unread 12-06-2003, 01:15 PM

Hi Wolf,

Just want to tell you my story in hopes that you will go ahead and make that appointment. I was 49, when I started skipping periods and then had a period which lasted 15 days. I am now 50. I told my gyn about the bleeding, and although my pap smear was fine, he wanted to do an ultra-sound. My walls of the uterus did show some thickening, therefore he tried to proceed with the uterus biopsy in his office. Due to menopause, my cervix had narrowed, and he couldn't perform the biopsy, therefore he scheduled a D&C and a hysteroscopy which was done under general anesthesia. After the D&C he came out and told my husband that all looked great, however the results of the biopsy would be back in 3 - 4 days. Well, the results came back, and I did have endo. cancer. I had the complete hysterectomy and lumph nodes removed by a gyn/oncologist and it was stage one, and no other treatment is necessary. I also encorage you to have this testing done, as they never really thought that I would have the cancer, but I did. It's all over now, and I am recouperating very nicely. My surgery was 11/17/03. By the way, I sure can sympathize as my husband had a heart attack September 1st, and he was the one I had been worried about, and then the tables turned. Now we are both doing great. I wish the best to you and your husband. Make that appointment!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register