2 Year Post Op Uterine Cancer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 Year Post Op Uterine Cancer 2 Year Post Op Uterine Cancer

Unread 09-20-2011, 09:46 AM
2 Year Post Op Uterine Cancer

Two years ago today I had my surgery for Uterine Cancer Grade 1 Stage 1a. Just happens I had an appointment with the Oncologist today also. He has released me back to my regular Gynocologist. I am very blessed that everything is okay. There is hope with this disease. The question I have is that I am wondering if anyone else has been released at their 2 year mark. I even told the doctor I would be willing to see him for the next few years but he said it wasnt necessary. He felt it was enough to see my own gyno. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Re: 2 Year Post Op Uterine Cancer

My Oncologist said he would release me back to my regular Gyn if all is clear after my December appointment. He said that he trusts my Gyn to the fullest to continue the cancer checks. I had my surgery the end of April and while I have full trust as well, I was a bit surprised. I think it is because he feels there should be no reoccurrence. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Unread 09-21-2011, 01:29 AM

Thanks for your reply. My experience having seen 3 doctors in the same office is that they all think diffrently. The dr. I saw 6 months ago told me I no longer needed pap test and yesterday another dr.(same office) told me I should have a pap test. The dr. 6 months ago said he would release me in 5 yrs(seeing me 1x a yr for next 3 yrs) and yesterday I was released by the dr. I saw back to my own Gyno. Just to mention that previous 2 drs. left the practice and I had no choice but to see 3 different drs. Very confusing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2011, 10:09 AM

Great news! Stay well!
Unread 09-21-2011, 02:19 PM

I think with your early stage and low grade, it's pretty normal to be released back to your gyn. That's what my gyn thought was going to happen, but my stage turned out to be higher than she expected - and I don't like her so I'd find a different gyn instead of going back to her.

Congrats on your good news.
Unread 09-21-2011, 03:42 PM

YAY for 2 years LOUISET65!!

I was released from my gyn/onc to my gyn at my 6 week check up! He said I was at low risk of recurrance. My gyn has been doing yearly checks, including a vaginal vault smear, to make sure there are no cellular changes. He also does a visual check plus abdominal palpation - checking for any interior changes.... I've been good for 6 years now, and I still have my annual "well woman" exam with my GP.

Best wishes for continued health!
Unread 09-21-2011, 04:33 PM

Im so happy that you have been good for 6 years. And thanks for your reply. Im alot more comfortable with the 2 yr release now that I heard from some of the wonderful ladies on here.
Unread 09-22-2011, 03:37 PM

I am glad to find this forum. I was told no further treatment 8 weeks post op, and am struggling with that - thinking there will be no further checks at all. But because I am having major Menopause sympstoms, I am going back to my original Gynaecologist in a couple of weeks. I had never been to one until this year - went because of heavy bleeding, had polyp removed, they found EIC cells. I am hoping they will tell me they can check me in some way at least once a year. Otherwise I am afraid I will feel like a ticking time bomb.
Unread 09-22-2011, 03:56 PM

I was told no further treatment also but still had check ups every 3 months until this 2 yr mark of my surgery. I also had a Cat Scan of the chest, abdomen and pelvic area at the 1 yr mark. If you have questions or fears discuss them with your doctors. It sounds like your doing well if you need no treatment. But do keep up with your regular Gyno. I wish you well and God Bless you!
Unread 11-24-2011, 03:18 PM

Being released by Oncologist . And just found out after 2 yrs that I am a Grade 2 .When all along I was told I was a Grade 1. Explanation for this was that D&C said Grade 1 and Post Op Grade 2. Onc. said it made no difference in my treatment and I am fine. Anyone else have 2 different Grades?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register