5 weekers! How are we doing? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weekers! How are we doing? 5 weekers! How are we doing?

Unread 12-09-2004, 11:29 AM
5 weekers! How are we doing?

I am 5 weeks today.
Today I just got back form a one hour walk! Something I haven't been able to do since when I was on Lupron
OMG, I feel so exilarated
NO PAIN, or at least NOTHING compared to pre-op, just post-op aches but is all, don't need anything for it
Wanted to see how the other 5 weekers are doing on our last week out from not working
My Dr. is releasing me to be back on the 15th
I can walk again with out pain! I do not have a car so is a big deal to me to be able to do this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2004, 01:25 PM

hi Fancyme,

I had my surgery on same date as you. I had a TVH Left both ovaries though, I also has a rectocele, bladder repair, and bladder sling. I feel great!!! I cant believe how good I feel. Just found out that I still have a little infection leftover, so more meds, but who cares, I am getting better. I cant wait to have sex. It seems like forever, another 2 weeks or so i guess. I did exactly what doctor said, now Im doing more but still not lifting over 10 lbs and no vacuum.
Im glad to see you are doing well too. Swelling still there. I had my 40th birthday party last Friday. I cant believe it but I was dancing up a storm and kicking up my leg and all, beer was good too I thought iI would be hurting, but I wasnt.

Good luck to both of us in future!

cat
Unread 12-09-2004, 01:49 PM

Hi there,
I posted today that I am almost 5 weeks and am totally pooped! I hope I can catch up with you guys soon! Keep at it!
Unread 12-09-2004, 01:56 PM

I was 5 weeks on Wed. I had my post-op appointment on Mon. I am healing well according to the Dr. I still have a yellow discharge. so I still have to wear pantyliners. I can go back to work next Thur. (I teach 2nd grade,) but no lifting vacuuming or sex until I am 8 weeks.
I have LOVED being off around the holidays! My cards are out, I am almost done shopping (I did a lot on line) and everything I have purchased is wrapped. It is the most stress free holiday season ever!
Here's to 1 more week off!
Unread 12-09-2004, 02:25 PM

Tomorrow I am four weeks post op and I will have my drs appointment on the 15th...I am SO bored..I can't wait to go back to work. I feel GREAT!! No pain no discharge no more heaviness in my lower abdomen..I can walk without having to catch my breath, I have been really bad though..I vacuum, clean, do laundry and even went on a motorcycle ride last weekend. I felt GREAT!! I am going to start learning to play golf this weekend. I almost feel guilty about not feeling poorly. Don't get me wrong..I still can laze around on the couch and watch movies and I really do try to take a nap. I take my iron and my prenatal vitamins every day like a good girl..but I have never felt so much energy before!! I always felt like I had 50 pound weights strapped to my feet. Work and going to the gym is what I am hoping to do soon...
Unread 12-09-2004, 03:14 PM

Had my TAH on 11/3 was doing great and scheduled to go back to work 12/7 then picked up this terrible stomach flu and have been back in bed since (back were I started 5 weeks ago). My question for you is----how are you feeling mentally? I can't tell if I am depressed or just need to get back out in the world.
Thanks.
Unread 12-09-2004, 04:49 PM

I feel fine mentally...I am just mostly anxious to do things I have been too tired to do before.
Unread 12-09-2004, 04:51 PM

Hi Again Sisters,

I guess mentally I am doing ok, but I usually weight around 130 and ever since TVH I have gained quite a bit. I know it is from swelling, but I started smoking again to make me feel thin. It works and also makes me from going crazy. i am just that type of personality I guess. I do know that my hormones must be really out of wack, cause WATCH OUT after 5:00pm I seem I cant control my yelling. I feel like I have really bad PMS!!!!
going to dr tomorrow and will mention it. I think I will feel much better when I can exercise again!!! I really need it and love it. I think all that and not being able to have sex is really making me crazy.

CAT
Unread 12-09-2004, 05:09 PM

I was 5 wks on Wed and went back to work on Monday. I'm doing pretty well...definitely better than last week. I went in late the past 2 mornings so only worked 6 hrs those days. When I get home in the evening, dh has been doing dinner and homeowrk duty so I can lay down...the swelly belly is ready for a rest by then! Otherwise I'm feeling pretty darn good.

denise
Unread 12-09-2004, 07:44 PM
To answer the question

That Chelsea18 asked, I am feeling great mentally
I feel like I have been let out of a cage.
Only one or 2 ppl remember the way I was before June of '03 when I went to the ER with right side pain that did not stop until my surgery. I dunno if that day the ovary or tumor on it twisted or something but I had just gotten through with TOM (time of month) so I didn't think it was female related
I am naturally high strung/hyper person but has been clouded by intense pain til my surgery
I want to shout from roof tops that I am pain free at last and I am running around (sometimes literally) and hyper again
I think I may have overdone it today as I am sore and may wake up tomorrow and not go anywhere
I have such gratitude for what I have been given that I wanna spread it and make others feel good, too as I work for a non-profit business and we are a community service and I deal with many ppl who have problems with addiction, homelessness, depression and mental illness and most are depressed this time of year
I know I can't lift anyone out of it but making someone smile with my antics does as much for me as it does for them, probably more
That is what I meant by making others feel good, I have no next-of-kin (for 18 years now) and became a widow almost 6 years ago and I can get depressed about that this time of year, too but I have found for myself if I can help someone else, it gets me out of myself more
So mentally I am doing well, I think, even my boss said to me WHEN will you be released, when is that appt? We need some cheer around here! I am like that naturally and I am pain-free for the first time in years and now I want to CELEBRATE
Ok, I wrote too much as always and I hope everyone is having a great night...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register